September 25, 2024, 04:14:01 AM

Author Topic: STP singer submission thread  (Read 15715 times)

villain612

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: STP singer submission thread
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2016, 07:12:29 PM »
To be fair,there's a big difference between those posting a couple of songs to showcase their singing talents and those posting a shit ton of songs,with STP logos on as if they can crowbar their way into the band..

I literally lol'd.

This. So this.

villain612

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2016, 07:18:03 PM »
Does anyone know if there have actually been any callbacks yet? It will be interesting. One old guy on YouTube reckoned he was  'through the first cut' but that sounds like BS cos he totally sucked
I know for a fact there are a few pretty well known vocalists in the running,none of whom have gone the "look at me look at me,look at my tracks on YouTube" route. Some of the bums rushin has been fairly pitiful,
though I'm not against the idea of the whole thing.
Hope we end up with someone good. So many try hards. The boys deserve someone good.

I posted this in another thread, but just for the fun of speculation, if they had 10k submissions at the 2 week mark, let's say they ended up with 20k total. For the sake of argument, let's say 1% of them were good enough to warrant consideration. That would leave 200 singers to wade through. That's going to take some time to go through all of those and get it down to 15-20 to audition. I imagine callbacks won't start till April, but I'm just spitballing.

ladypicshow3121

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2016, 08:17:37 PM »
I think you're right, although, I don't think they got 20k submissions. I heard or read in an interview that after the two week mark, they were still getting "about 100 a day".  I think it's more in the ballpark of 12,000 or so, but either way, after making 12k quick decisions after listening for 3 seconds, they actually have to go back and really listen to 200, which could take a lot of time.

TheWaterThatYouLeave

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2016, 02:06:17 AM »
To be fair,there's a big difference between those posting a couple of songs to showcase their singing talents and those posting a shit ton of songs,with STP logos on as if they can crowbar their way into the band..

I literally lol'd.

This. So this.

....Then coming on here to dig themselves an even deeper hole. Just shows a lack of understanding in what they were entering into i think,no matter how long they take to explain otherwise. I have half a dozen friends who submitted music,only one has put their cover versions on YouTube or soundcloud. None have spammed the shit out of the bands or Robert Deleos Twitter as I have seen many do.
         The guys didn't help with their 'give us your top 3' a few weeks back mind you..but you can understand how they would like the help narrowing stuff down.
Decorum folks. Decorum..

TheWaterThatYouLeave

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2016, 02:09:39 AM »
Below Empty-where auditions never end.

Exactly.

TheWaterThatYouLeave

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2016, 07:36:02 AM »
Have just seen online a submission guy openly stalking a Delta Deep show in order to meet Robert. I'm 100% certain he won't be the last.
 Oh God. Stay safe.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2016, 09:00:12 AM »
Have just seen online a submission guy openly stalking a Delta Deep show in order to meet Robert. I'm 100% certain he won't be the last.
 Oh God. Stay safe.

Pics?  Full story?

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Davidssimpson2012

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2016, 02:59:52 PM »
Egad- I'm going to check out the Philly DD show, now I feel creepy..    lol..

They're a good band, I dig blues, and I support bands (that I like) that come to my hometown.
That's pretty much my motivation.
Lord knows bands aren't making money selling records anymore...
Asses in seats, and merch... 

I'm hoping to hear a good show.  That's about it.

I do have a couple mutual friends in the DD camp, but I would expect with the level of singers going "pick me !, pick me !" that it's probably not a good idea to bother these guys... at their show....

I'll just sit in the back and stare intensely... kidding.. kidding..

vinbot

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2016, 12:11:35 AM »
I missed out on the submission due to having 4 throat surgeries (endoscopes, banding varices veins in the esophagus) between early February and late March. Let me tell you, if your ever bored get a few done. It's what all the cool kids are doing [/sarcasm]

So, of course I was disappointed ( Once in a lifetime chance and this crap had to happen. Anyway, enough self pity..) that it ended without me having submitted one of the requested covers. I did post a few of my originals. In my depression I made a video covering "Big empty." The quality is truly horrific as its just a web cam with backing music and I look half dead, my voice keeps breaking and I'm spaced out on Vicodin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFmsCEjL-S0

TheWaterThatYouLeave

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2016, 01:06:42 AM »
 Oh God. Stay safe.

Pics?  Full story?

I'm not gonna online shame the guy,I'm sure he's harmless enough.Hoping he was respectful.
I ll say it again though you guys,there's a big difference between making people aware of your talents and...
....Going full on X Factor contestant crazy,trying to blow Simon Cowell.
   The only kind of artist you end up looking like is a bullshit artist.

TheWaterThatYouLeave

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2016, 01:19:59 AM »

They're a good band, I dig blues, and I support bands (that I like) that come to my hometown.

I do have a couple mutual friends in the DD camp, but I would expect with the level of singers going "pick me !, pick me !" that it's probably not a good idea to bother these guys... at their show....

It's totally understandable to want to make face to face contact with someone that you're waiting on an answer from.
Impulse control,however,is what makes us adults and...(somewhat) sane.
What we will start seeing over the course of the DD tour is more and more reports of "I met Robert,he totally said he dug my submission" followed by a comment pile-on ( "dude,you GOT this" etc etc)
The timing of the tour is unfortunate in that regard.
Go be a fan. Buy some merch.
Don't be a dick :)

Davidssimpson2012

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2016, 02:10:28 PM »

It's totally understandable to want to make face to face contact with someone that you're waiting on an answer from.
What we will start seeing over the course of the DD tour is more and more reports of "I met Robert,he totally said he dug my submission" followed by a comment pile-on ( "dude,you GOT this" etc etc)

.. was not a dick. LOL

DD show was great. A real treat to see a good band in a very intimate setting. Maybe 50 people tops in a room that might hold 60 to 75. The setting really fit the music. Bought a CD that I'm sure is going to get a lot of mileage. Looking forward to hearing more from these guys.

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2016, 09:00:11 PM »
Paul Christiana, Phil Anselmo, Doug Pinnick

What makes this video so cool is Paul and Phil grew up together and played in the same clubs before they both moved to Texas where Phil joined Pantera and Paul played guitar with Downtown Bruno who opened for just about everybody back then. Doug from Kings X is sitting with Phil and Paul discussing just shit talk and having fun. Dimebag is at the end of the video with Vinnie, this is circa 1990, remember Core came out in Sept 1992, so Paul was already on the scene at 24 yrs old in 90. Well enjoy

http://youtu.be/OM65o5lsaCM

TheWaterThatYouLeave

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2016, 12:12:24 AM »
Paul Christiana, Phil Anselmo, Doug Pinnick

What makes this video so cool is Paul and Phil grew up together and played in the same clubs before they both moved to Texas where Phil joined Pantera and Paul played guitar with Downtown Bruno who opened for just about everybody back then. Doug from Kings X is sitting with Phil and Paul discussing just shit talk and having fun. Dimebag is at the end of the video with Vinnie, this is circa 1990, remember Core came out in Sept 1992, so Paul was already on the scene at 24 yrs old in 90. Well enjoy

http://youtu.be/OM65o5lsaCM

Phil Anselmo is a racist douchebag.
Wtf is the point of you posting this?

TheWaterThatYouLeave

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2016, 12:16:03 AM »

.. was not a dick. LOL

DD show was great. A real treat to see a good band in a very intimate setting. Maybe 50 people tops in a room that might hold 60 to 75. The setting really fit the music. Bought a CD that I'm sure is going to get a lot of mileage. Looking forward to hearing more from these guys.

I've liked what I've seen of them too, though not a uhhh huge fan of Collens guitar tones. They're ploughing a similar furrow to Glenn Hughes I think