October 01, 2024, 04:40:21 PM

Author Topic: Would this work?  (Read 2860 times)

wickedretro

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Would this work?
« on: March 10, 2016, 03:51:54 AM »
I'm not one for self-promotion, but this being such a once in a lifetime opportunity, I'd love to know what everyone thinks of my submission.  Thanks in advance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x54ZvRlkFdo

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
Re: Would this work?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 05:06:48 AM »
That's pretty dope. Sounds good. You've got a Mike Patton thing going on.

I'd like to hear you sing something like Adhesive, Wonderful or Sex & Violence.
Bleeda blooda

PlushSin2016

• Still Shackled To The Shadows
  • Flight Attendant
  • Yeah, I'm that guy..
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 05:20:29 AM »
I enjoyed it quite a lot. Would be cool to hear you bust a few other slightly deeper cuts. I only say that because I think I am fried on the three songs the guys gave up for submission I suppose, and not least because it would be interesting to hear you do more. Great job.
All these things I think about I think about..always come unglued

leocal79

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 07:04:24 AM »

Sounds pretty good nice work but I don't hear Mike Patton at all. Definitely would like to hear some deeper cuts as well to see what your range is.

wickedretro

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2016, 07:11:26 AM »

Sounds pretty good nice work but I don't hear Mike Patton at all. Definitely would like to hear some deeper cuts as well to see what your range is.

I really appreciate the feedback everyone.  If you're interested in range, this is a cut of some original music and a song I submitted to Eric, Robert, and Dean. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qj16hLRwIE

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2016, 07:25:20 AM »

I dunno, I can totally hear some Mike Patton in certain spots, like the chorus of Vasoline. Kinda similar timbre or vibrato or something. Ionno. The Real Thing era voice.

I think this guy would be a good pick for the job. Definitely not Scott, but he's not trying to be. And since he's a SoCal native, nobobdy has much to lose to call him up for an in person audition.

He's certainly better than that putz Chester, Toryn Green, and that guy from Highly Suspect. The DeLeos and Kretz would be fools not to give this guy a serious listening to. I could almost see myself giving that band a chance....

Bleeda blooda

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2016, 07:31:18 AM »
 I am kind of getting a Myles Kennedy vibe from that original song. Though Mason's voice is less grating than Myles Kennedy's. He could really take their music to new and exciting places. Really the first audition I've heard that could actually turn out to not be a total trainwreck.
Bleeda blooda

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
  • If night was longer, could I escape the day?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2016, 04:36:50 PM »
I'm not one for self-promotion, but this being such a once in a lifetime opportunity, I'd love to know what everyone thinks of my submission.  Thanks in advance.

Nice version of Vaseline man. I like the last second vocal touch you did as the song came to a finish. A lot of people tried to do a close out to that song sorta like Scott did live... yours sounds really good.

I like your version of ILS as well. You have a really good voice.  8)

wickedretro

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2016, 09:39:22 PM »

Nice version of Vaseline man. I like the last second vocal touch you did as the song came to a finish. A lot of people tried to do a close out to that song sorta like Scott did live... yours sounds really good.

I like your version of ILS as well. You have a really good voice.  8)

Thanks man.  I really appreciate everyone taking the time to listen through and for the kind words.  Now I guess it's just a waiting game and hoping to get a call...

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2016, 10:05:55 PM »
I am kind of getting a Myles Kennedy vibe from that original song. Though Mason's voice is less grating than Myles Kennedy's. He could really take their music to new and exciting places. Really the first audition I've heard that could actually turn out to not be a total trainwreck.

I heard a lot of Myles Kennedy in there as well!  Love the submission oddly as I don't care for Myles Kennedy..
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

leocal79

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2016, 10:24:51 PM »
I hear a mix of Myles, Justin from the Darkness and Walt from Silvertide. You are definitely top 5 for me just don't know what STP is exactly looking for but I'm impressed especially with your original track. If you don't get a call it would be ridiculous.

wickedretro

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2016, 06:07:10 PM »
I hear a mix of Myles, Justin from the Darkness and Walt from Silvertide. You are definitely top 5 for me just don't know what STP is exactly looking for but I'm impressed especially with your original track. If you don't get a call it would be ridiculous.

Thanks for the kind words.  It really means a lot.  Hoping to get a call.  One thing I'm wondering is what their time frame is on all this.  I'd imagine the initial vetting process is going to take months.

leocal79

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2016, 08:21:11 PM »
I assume they have a full team established to vet all the online singers and cut it down to about 200-300 singers already. Then I believe they will have 25-30 guys come in and go from there within the next month. It seems they want to get this done as quickly as possible they have been sitting on the sidelines for a while. I think they want a album out before years end.

villain612

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2016, 11:30:12 PM »
I assume they have a full team established to vet all the online singers and cut it down to about 200-300 singers already. Then I believe they will have 25-30 guys come in and go from there within the next month. It seems they want to get this done as quickly as possible they have been sitting on the sidelines for a while. I think they want a album out before years end.

I think that's pretty accurate. I know they have that show with Chester at the end of this month but nothing else scheduled that I know of. I think it might take a little time to get down to the 20 guys, but I figure they want to have a guy selected by summer. Then write/record the rest of the year. Then go for a big push in 2017 with the rebranding of the new guy, a tour, new album, etc.