October 01, 2024, 02:44:52 PM

Author Topic: If the DeLeos and Kretz were to form a supergroup...  (Read 4871 times)

PlushSin2016

• Still Shackled To The Shadows
  • Flight Attendant
  • Yeah, I'm that guy..
    • View Profile
Re: If the DeLeos and Kretz were to form a supergroup...
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2016, 02:45:12 PM »
I think this would've been a great supergroup side project if they'd have released an album together in say, 1995 - 2000.

Vocals - Scott Weiland
Guitar - Dave Navarro
Guitar - Slash
Bass - Flea
Drums - Ray Luzier

All star lineup right there, talent galore!

Wow! This lineup does look interesting. I am new to the site if I look unfamiliar, but yeah, I'd definitely be down for this if it had been.

Welcome to the boards!
I've thought more about my dream lineup and I would be prepared to trade Ray Luzier on drums for Jimmy Chamberlain from Smashing Pumpkins, that guy is a beast on the kit too.

I have a vote for whoever was the drummer on A Perfect Circle's Judith. Josh Freese maybe? I am not sure who originally hit the skins on Mer De Noms, but some fine drumming on that entire album.
All these things I think about I think about..always come unglued

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2016, 07:50:01 PM »
I think this would've been a great supergroup side project if they'd have released an album together in say, 1995 - 2000.

Vocals - Scott Weiland
Guitar - Dave Navarro
Guitar - Slash
Bass - Flea
Drums - Ray Luzier

All star lineup right there, talent galore!

Wow! This lineup does look interesting. I am new to the site if I look unfamiliar, but yeah, I'd definitely be down for this if it had been.

Welcome to the boards!
I've thought more about my dream lineup and I would be prepared to trade Ray Luzier on drums for Jimmy Chamberlain from Smashing Pumpkins, that guy is a beast on the kit too.

I have a vote for whoever was the drummer on A Perfect Circle's Judith. Josh Freese maybe? I am not sure who originally hit the skins on Mer De Noms, but some fine drumming on that entire album.

That was indeed Josh Freese. He also plays on Filter's 'Anthems For The Damned' album. He's an amazing drummer.
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2016, 08:05:05 PM »
My ultimate 90s supergroup would be:

Vocals: Mark Lanegan
Guitar: Mike McCready
Bass: Robert DeLeo
Drums: Matt Cameron

Maybe throw Dean in there and have him and Mike play dual leads.

LOVE IT! I never understood my Mike McCready doesn't get more love. I rarely hear him mentioned when it comes to great guitarists. That guy can shred!
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2016, 08:38:50 AM »
McCready is fo sho def. underrated. Stuff like Black, Better Man, Yellow Ledbetter is so freakin' out there, man. He can take a guitar places a lot of axemen can't .

That super group line up would be epic. Maybe somebody else on the drums though. Like Travis Barker, to just kinda throw a wrench in things.

If I'm ever a billionaire, I'm paying Lanegan, McCready, R. DeLeo, and Travis Barker to start a new supergroup. They'll be called Gloupie Spooby & The Acceptable Receptacle and their album is number 1 top the charts. Because in addition to funding the production, I also bought 197,000 copies.
Bleeda blooda

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2016, 10:19:54 AM »
Mine would be:
Scott Weiland
Jimmy Page
Ben Shepherd
Matt Cameron

Damn now I want a record from this lineup haha

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2016, 10:32:50 PM »
That super group line up would be epic. Maybe somebody else on the drums though. Like Travis Barker, to just kinda throw a wrench in things.

Or how about Chad Smith?
Grab the hate and drown it out...