October 01, 2024, 06:40:00 PM

Author Topic: Toryn Green radio interview, very interesting.  (Read 2535 times)

TorynGreenfan

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Toryn Green radio interview, very interesting.
« on: March 03, 2016, 08:10:04 PM »
Toryn was recently on the "Joe Padula" show, to discuss his story in meeting Scott, I hope you guys enjoy! It's not letting me post the link but go to joepadula.com and go to the March 1st show in the broadcast section.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 08:11:37 PM by TorynGreenfan »

JBattista

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Favorite Flavor: Watermelon
    • View Profile
Re: Toryn Green radio interview, very interesting.
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 08:40:59 PM »
If you listened to this podcast at around 53 minutes they disqualified Toryn Green from any auditions. Sorry bro
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/elysabeth-alfano/stone-temple-pilots-and-t_b_9361272.html

chrisinger

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 05:08:05 PM »
As I have listened to as many of these interviews as the next fan, I personally think they have been keeping people guessing to large degree, as to what they really want. In short, outside of the obvious things, I'm not so convinced they really know what that is just yet. Why? Because every interview, although basically the same, still goes kind of all over the map, when they describe what they want. Almost like they could just do a tribute album with 12 different vocalist like the Encomium Cd. I think I alluded to this idea in another post, but they sort of keep adding things on, as to what turns them on in a submission.

Doing an audition this way is a very precarious thing, and I am sure they know it, and will handle it with success.

The proof as always, is in the pudding. Singers must be present and prove it live in person. The mixed bag of results that comes with live videos, personal video bios, and one off recordings, leaves so many unanswered questions, it's mind numbing to deduce. I applaud their fortitude, and of course everyone who submitted, this is one TALL order indeed.

The fact that they seemed to get into Youtube video personal introductions, which is cool, but not that many submissions have one like that, and many people may not have the means to do it. So, who really knows? I sure don't, other than the obvious. I am definitely looking forward to seeing this play out. What else is there to be said?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 05:21:13 PM by chrisinger »

loungefly90

• Pilot
  • You're The Wonder In Everything That's Wonderful..
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 05:21:03 PM »
As I have listened to as many of these interviews as the next fan, I personally think they have been keeping people guessing to large degree, as to what they really want. In short, outside of the obvious things, I'm not so convinced they really know what that is just yet. Why? Because every interview, although basically the same, still goes kind of all over the map, when they describe what they want. Almost like they could just do a tribute album with 12 different vocalist like the Encomium Cd. I think I alluded to this idea in another post, but they sort of keep adding things on, as to what turns them on in a submission.

The fact that they seemed to get into Youtube video personal introductions, which is cool, but not that many submissions have one like that, and many people may not have the means to do it. So, who really knows? I sure don't, other than the obvious. I am definitely looking forward to seeing this play out. What else is there to be said?

Agree. I am looking very forward to seeing where this all goes too. I really wish they would release something commercially as a commemorative tribute to Scott as well. I'm hoping for a blu ray or something packed with rare footage. The DVD in "Thank You" was such an unexpected and wonderful gift. I crave more releases like that.

chrisinger

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 05:23:56 PM »

Agree. I am looking very forward to seeing where this all goes too. I really wish they would release something commercially as a commemorative tribute to Scott as well. I'm hoping for a blu ray or something packed with rare footage. The DVD in "Thank You" was such an unexpected and wonderful gift. I crave more releases like that.

I could not agree more. They want their legacy placed in proper perspective, and releases like you described would certainly go a long way in cementing that. On the audition front, none of us should ever forget that this isn't just replacing a singer, it is a life changing event for whoever it is and all those surrounding him or her. It cannot be dismissed, and I personally wouldn't count on any dating site type of submission, song recording, including my own as a true definition of anything. Having been a working musician for over 20 years on the club/bar level, I have auditioned at least 100+ plus musicians who submitted tracks, videos and whatnot, and sadly, but expected most never measured up.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 05:39:10 PM by chrisinger »

leocal79

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2016, 05:39:51 PM »

Doing an audition this way is a very precarious thing, and I am sure they know it, and will handle it with success.

The proof as always, is in the pudding. Singers must be present and prove it live in person. The mixed bag of results that comes with live videos, personal video bios, and one off recordings, leaves so many unanswered questions, it's mind numbing to deduce. I applaud their fortitude, and of course everyone who submitted, this is one TALL order indeed.

Slash did this as well with two of his solo releases especially the second Slash solo album sans snakepit this is how he ended up with Myles Kennedy. We will see what happens I still believe they already have either one singer or a few they are working with already and trying to see if one guy blows them away. I hope they find some one who is willing to do the classics and also a track or two from talk show and AOA live as well.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 05:42:12 PM by leocal79 »

chrisinger

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2016, 05:48:11 PM »

Slash did this as well with two of his solo releases especially the second Slash solo album sans snakepit this is how he ended up with Myles Kennedy. We will see what happens I still believe they already have either one singer or a few they are working with already and trying to see if one guy blows them away. I hope they find some one who is willing to do the classics and also a track or two from talk show and AOA live as well.

I agree, it happened with Velvet Revolver as well... They thought they had a guy from England, loved his album, were ready to get with him and, DOWN GOES FRAZIER!!! Then Scott, not even at his best physically comes in and blows them all away. They must have some established guys, just waiting for the smoke to clear.

TorynGreenfan

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2016, 08:44:30 PM »
There are so many gifted singers, I've listened to very many. It's amazing the impact the band has had on this many people.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2016, 09:42:29 PM »
If you listened to this podcast at around 53 minutes they disqualified Toryn Green from any auditions. Sorry bro
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/elysabeth-alfano/stone-temple-pilots-and-t_b_9361272.html

???

At the 53 minute mark they talk about going to see Paul Stanley play live, and then about not wanting someone with a rock'n'roll attitude. Nothing about Toryn or anyone specific being disqualified.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 09:47:32 PM by Blue »
Grab the hate and drown it out...

JBattista

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Favorite Flavor: Watermelon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2016, 09:50:17 PM »

???

At the 53 minute mark they talk about going to see Paul Stanley play live, and then about not wanting someone with a rock'n'roll attitude. Nothing about Toryn or anyone specific being disqualified.
They talk about something along the lines of not wanting somebody that is the stereotypical "rock" guy. The hair, the clothes, etc. That DQ's Toryn

chrisinger

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2016, 09:55:19 PM »

???

They talk about something along the lines of not wanting somebody that is the stereotypical "rock" guy. The hair, the clothes, etc. That DQ's Toryn

I don't feel like he necessarily fits, but he can sing, a little bit cookie-cutter persona for sure, but he has already been in Fuel, and with that, it becomes another Chester type move, and why do that again? As well as Chester did, the stick wasn't moved very far in my view, or nearly far enough in terms of the success they were hoping for. To keep releasing albums that take a few years to come back to, to even mildly appreciate won't keep these guys in business very long.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 09:59:19 PM by chrisinger »

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2016, 10:08:30 PM »

???

They say nothing about looks. They talk about attitude. They want someone who is down to Earth, not someone who is too gung ho and trying to hard to act like a rocker. That doesn't necessarily disqualify Toryn. Not that I think he will get the job. They just are less interested in people's looks and more interested in their talent and work-ethic.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

chrisinger

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2016, 10:16:55 PM »
It is in my humble view, that the band needs to vet as many people that can do justice to the songs they submit, as they possibly can. I am talking about the submissions that at least keep most of integrity of the original songs intact. Get them on a soundstage and run em through the mill. If they want a bossa nova version or waltz, then work that out in person after the fact, as it can't be a top priority can it??
I am sure just because of age alone, they don't want a carbon copy stereotype tattooed, chain littered, man bunned, reverse mohawk hipster representing them, screaming GIMME A HEEEELLLL YEEEEAAAH!!! and being a poser diva offstage. Nor would they probably want another pre-chewed former lead singer of......
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 10:19:11 PM by chrisinger »