September 22, 2024, 09:25:27 PM

Author Topic: Tommy Black Pays Tribute To Scott Weiland, Performs “Vasoline” (Video)  (Read 3084 times)

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Have seen a few Scott Weiland related story's over the last few days on Alternative Nation that haven't been discussed here, one of which is this -

http://www.alternativenation.net/tommy-black-tribute-scott-weiland-performs-vasoline/

It seems to have upset a few fans on Facebook who have left comments like 'Fuck off enabler' and 'crawl back under your rock' etc.
I certainly don't respect Tommy Black and his decisions during his time as Scott's friend/bandmate but he clearly has his own problems with addiction too and his 'career' as a musician died the day Scott did. These little tribute gigs at The Viper Rooms are probably all we'll see from him now I imagine.
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

chrisinger

Have seen a few Scott Weiland related story's over the last few days on Alternative Nation that haven't been discussed here, one of which is this -

http://www.alternativenation.net/tommy-black-tribute-scott-weiland-performs-vasoline/

It seems to have upset a few fans on Facebook who have left comments like 'Fuck off enabler' and 'crawl back under your rock' etc.
I certainly don't respect Tommy Black and his decisions during his time as Scott's friend/bandmate but he clearly has his own problems with addiction too and his 'career' as a musician died the day Scott did. These little tribute gigs at The Viper Rooms are probably all we'll see from him now I imagine.

I just gave a so-called STP fan a bit of my mind against his pathetic rant against STP continuing on. Fans are a huge part of a bands success obviously, but they are also capable of absolute ignorance, and hatred when it comes to these situations. They come off as if they were there for every moment with STP and know everything, and clearly they know about two things... Jack and Shit.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 06:30:21 PM by chrisinger »

CoconutBackwards

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile

Great.  Just spewing hate at this guy.  It was all his fault and if Scott Weiland were here today he'd say he wants to quit, but Tommy Black just won't let him  ::) ::) ::) ::)
Hr308: "Cuatro, i nearly did this because 5 g's is nothing to me."

Vaporized - "I can confirm that it's neither Gutt or Borja."

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
I'm not spewing hate at him, we don't know the full story. What we do know however is that Tommy was doing drugs and excessive amounts of alcohol with a struggling addict and a very sick man and one who he referred to as his 'best friend'. I've always said with friends like that around him Scott didn't need enemies. Scott ultimately would've done whatever he wanted to do at the end of the day so 100% blaming Tommy for his death IS unfair but calling him an enabler isn't really a stretch is it?? He certainly didn't help the problem that's for sure.
I don't know man, all I can say is that if my best friend was in the state Scott was I wouldn't be drinking or doing drugs with him, the other band members didn't appear to be getting involved in that either.
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

CoconutBackwards

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
I'm not spewing hate at him, we don't know the full story. What we do know however is that Tommy was doing drugs and excessive amounts of alcohol with a struggling addict and a very sick man and one who he referred to as his 'best friend'. I've always said with friends like that around him Scott didn't need enemies. Scott ultimately would've done whatever he wanted to do at the end of the day so 100% blaming Tommy for his death IS unfair but calling him an enabler isn't really a stretch is it?? He certainly didn't help the problem that's for sure.
I don't know man, all I can say is that if my best friend was in the state Scott was I wouldn't be drinking or doing drugs with him, the other band members didn't appear to be getting involved in that either.

I didn't mean you.  I meant the people on Facebook.

CoconutBackwards

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile

I've heard he was enabling Scott a lot of times on this board.  Is there any way Scott was enabling him, or does this only work one way?

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile

I've heard he was enabling Scott a lot of times on this board.  Is there any way Scott was enabling him, or does this only work one way?

Yes Scott enabled Tommy  to not have to suck dick for crack anymore. He allowed him to play music and suck dick for his crack. Saint Weiland strikes again.

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile

Yes Scott enabled Tommy  to not have to suck dick for crack anymore. He allowed him to play music and suck dick for his crack. Saint Weiland strikes again.

Don't forget about Jeremy, who enabled Scott so hard that he himself died. That, or maybe people are responsible for their own actions.

sadiej

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
I've been thinking lately about Scotts downward spiral that really took hold after his brother died , then intensified after Jetemy's death. I recall reading somewhere that there was animosity towards Scott from his family for not paying for rehab for his brother. Then, after Jeremy's sudden death, how many close to him over time saying he was anti-drug , and clean etc. Can't help but think that Scott felt enormous guilt around both these deaths , and along with mental health issues ,  his feelings of guilt drove his addiction to its brutal conclusion . It seemed  like he had to obliterate every thought in his head .

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Scott Weiland knowingly gave drug addicts JOBS so they could go out on tour and score for him. He put money in the pockets of people with serious problems to further his own agenda.

The amount of time Facebookers spend bitching about Tommy Black is laughable considering the guy shouldn't even have been there in the first place.

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
I've been thinking lately about Scotts downward spiral that really took hold after his brother died , then intensified after Jetemy's death. I recall reading somewhere that there was animosity towards Scott from his family for not paying for rehab for his brother. Then, after Jeremy's sudden death, how many close to him over time saying he was anti-drug , and clean etc. Can't help but think that Scott felt enormous guilt around both these deaths , and along with mental health issues ,  his feelings of guilt drove his addiction to its brutal conclusion . It seemed  like he had to obliterate every thought in his head .

This is a good take.  Libertad was a good 2nd album and it was a shame that Scott was given an easy out of VR by the STP offers at the time.  I can only imagine the guilt he felt around losing his brother, then VR, then his wife, then STP, Jeremy, and then finally his own life.  The highs and lows of this string of events is just crazy.  Nice contribution Sadiej!