October 01, 2024, 12:35:19 PM

Author Topic: So turn it up and burn it...  (Read 1419 times)

no morbid silence

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
    • my band smilex (big STP fans)
So turn it up and burn it...
« on: February 20, 2016, 08:55:50 PM »

i posted this as a comment in the new singer thread but figured people may miss it there and want opinions/feedback etc... ta! :-)

hi. i have not been on this much since just before bowie passed away (or anywhere online in a sociable way for that matter) and made an effort to stay off here whilst compiling my bits for my submission which i shall finish on monday. thought i would extend a white flag to any that want my head for wanting to be in a band i dearly love and try my best to honour the memory of one of my biggest influences and favourite writers & performers. anyway i have spent the last week or 2 making videos of me rehearsing the entire catalogue. i have about 80%- 90% in my own way down ok considering i have not been singing live since my band smilex's last show in june 2015 (u can see smilex stuff here - there's even a few stp covers from ages ago - i wrote all of our lyrics and also music for songs like explode, deadman's dirge, sex 4 sale, evil and wasted youth -
https://www.youtube.com/user/smilexvideos/videos ) or generally, aside from a few solo recordings (go to: www.leechristian.bandcamp.com if u care to hear that stuff). i have also recorded a lot of audio stuff - i have not yet mastered up the recordings instrumentals stp put out and besides it would be weird to show u guys before them, but i thought sharing some other ones i did with u could only hurt my ego at worst and at best show u how committed i am to doing a good job for everyone concerned. anyone checking out smilex's 13 years of gigs will see i can front the band and once my voice is in shape for constant powering it out, i think i will be cool. i have many of the same tastes as stp while also counting them and some of their peers amongst my influences. i like to think scott would have liked me and hope u guys do too. anyway feel free to pick me apart or tell me where u think i need work, as i am ultimately trying to walk a line here - wicked garden is the furthest i can go before it becomes parody. oh and the vocals are 1st (big empty) 2nd (wicked garden) and 3rd (atlanta) takes and left fairly bare and loud for analysis purposes as anyone can hide a multitude of sins in effects and i just want my voice judged fairly. anyway peace to all of u and again thanks for giving me somewhere to hang out when scott passed away. lee  :-)x <--LINK REMOVED-->
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 01:53:31 PM by Aaron »
You play the game,
I'll masturbate and sing a lullaby...