October 01, 2024, 10:42:12 AM

Author Topic: Dean and Robert are Shameful  (Read 5361 times)

UnclePeppi

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Dean and Robert are Shameful
« on: February 17, 2016, 07:55:28 AM »
As a lifelong STP fan, listening to these recent interviews with Dean and Robert make me cringe. These guys are way too jovial for Scott having just passed away in December. Listen to what Dean says here at 14:05: http://www.sixxsense.com/media/podcast-interviews-SIXX_interviews/video-stone-temple-pilots-on-sixx-26728749/Awful.

chrisinger

Re: Dean and Robert are Shameful
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 03:26:12 PM »
As a lifelong STP fan, listening to these recent interviews with Dean and Robert make me cringe. These guys are way too jovial for Scott having just passed away in December. Listen to what Dean says here at 14:05: http://www.sixxsense.com/media/podcast-interviews-SIXX_interviews/video-stone-temple-pilots-on-sixx-26728749/Awful.

And what, pray tell, do you want them to do, or say? Go find another band to listen to, or just listen to the old stuff and move on. They won't tell YOU how to feel, so making a very isolated statement about a situation that you only know what you've read is silly. You nor I are Robert, Dean or Eric, so none of us have a right to tell them how they should feel, or what they should do with their lives. Or maybe you can tell us your life story, and we can critique you the same way. Keep your opinions, but know that's all they are. Scott going down like a subway bum is whats "shameful" to me, but I suspect you don't want to go there...
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 03:29:15 PM by chrisinger »

loungefly90

• Pilot
  • You're The Wonder In Everything That's Wonderful..
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 03:31:02 PM »

And what, pray tell, do you want them to do, or say? Go find another band to listen to, or just listen to the old stuff and move on. They won't tell YOU how to feel, so making a very isolated statement about a situation that you only know what you've read is silly. You nor I are Robert, Dean or Eric, so none of us have a right to tell them how they should feel, or what they should do with their lives. Or maybe you can tell us your life story, and we can critique you the same way. Keep your opinions, but know that's all they are. Scott going down like a subway bum is whats "shameful" to me, but I suspect you don't want to go there...

Yeah, I'm going to agree and have been pretty much saying this since the "fans" on this site were so appalled that STP was continuing as STP. People shouldn't be telling these guys what to do unless they plan to help them with their mortgages.

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
  • If night was longer, could I escape the day?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 04:23:14 PM »

Yeah, I'm going to agree and have been pretty much saying this since the "fans" on this site were so appalled that STP was continuing as STP. People shouldn't be telling these guys what to do unless they plan to help them with their mortgages.

Totally get the argument there, they have every right to carry on... but I do see where some would feel some input on the bands legacy if they've been paying for STP albums and buying tickets for 20 years... the fans have in some ways been paying their mortgages through the time.

Dean was more composed in the last interview which was posted yesterday in the 7 page ongoing topic... however the line he dropped saying "If the fans don't like it, go find another band..." yikes. Think what would happen if a certain amount of fans took that advice...

Their money is generated from album sales and ticket sales after all.

So while it's their job and they obviously should carry on, but turning away people who have been along for the ride all these years... not such a smart thing to do either.

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2016, 04:26:07 PM »
People shouldn't be telling these guys what to do unless they plan to help them with their mortgages.

That's a pretty true statement. These guys don't tell me how to pay my bills, why should I tell them how to go about paying theirs. 

This is all just the same battle that's been going on since 2013 just instead of Chester, for the time being it's faceless.  Yes, I think they could at times say it a bit better, perhaps in different wording. At the end of the day though, Dean's kind of right. If you don't like the new stuff don't buy it. No one is making us support this incarnation of the band. And if enough people don't then they will feel it where it hurts, in their bank accounts. I never bought High Rise because I didn't like it.  Someone else might feel differently and like it, and hey, more power to you. I can't dog on people who did like it. It's all just matter of opinion and personal taste really.

Will I give the new incarnation a chance? Absolutely, I'll give it a listen. I don't want to dislike it, but if I don't like it I won't buy it. Simple as that.

loungefly90

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2016, 06:23:14 PM »
Not only is saying the band died when Scott died a ridiculous statement, but it's insulting to the other three people who helped write those songs. Musically, Robert was responsible for a tremendous amount of the slower songs that have held my attention over the years and when I am scrolling my STP catalog, I often find myself listening to the material Robert was responsible for writing. I am actually not a big fan of the stuff Dean comes up with. 

Personally, I am a fan of STP and of STP's music. Therefore, as logic would have it, I want STP to continue.

IMJ

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Wave1Collectibles
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2016, 06:54:59 AM »
"-puke opinions- DeLeos are way too jovial... -bla bla- word vomit".

::)
STP Shows: 12/12/1996 | 10/12/2001 | 05/17/2008 | 05/22/2008 | 03/20/2010 | 08/20/2010
CheSTP Shows: 04/23/2015
JeffTP Shows: 09/26/2019
Velvet Revolver Shows: 05/19/2004 | 11/21/2004 | 04/29/2005 | 08/13/2005 | 05/10/2007 (w. Slash signed Setlist) | 08/28/2007
Scott Weiland Shows: 05/10/2014 | 11/20/2015

Comatose Commodity

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2016, 07:41:13 AM »
Every time someone defends Scott, some angry "fan" jumps up and says something about "oh, you go pay their mortgages"?

Wasn't this thread about how Dean (mainly) and Robert could be a little bit more well, respectful in the way they talk about Scott? And the general "oh fuck the fans" attitude is uncalled for too.

If they are so sure this incarnation of STP will work, I would imagine they have plenty of people backing them up, too - why get fixated on a few people saying they should't continue? And where does Dean hear these comments? Does he got to internet and read every comment and expect them ALL to be positive? I doubt he gets shouted at in the streets or anything, he isn't that recognizable anyway. They can say what they say, but why should we fucking have to agree with it ALL?

My point is, however, not everyone who says Dean could be a bit more respectful in the way he talks about Scott, is automatically against STP continuing! Why is that so hard to grasp?

"
As a lifelong STP fan, listening to these recent interviews with Dean and Robert make me cringe. These guys are way too jovial for Scott having just passed away in December."

LoungeFly90, NickLorenza, Chrisinger etc. - where did the OP mention anything about not wanting them to move on? This happens on this forum all the time. Many of us just feel they could be a bit more respectful in the way they talk -  why twist every topic into "Don't like it, fuck off!" jesus....
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 07:42:51 AM by Comatose Commodity »
I had the midwife naked and alone

chrisinger

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2016, 12:42:12 PM »
Every time someone defends Scott, some angry "fan" jumps up and says something about "oh, you go pay their mortgages"?

Wasn't this thread about how Dean (mainly) and Robert could be a little bit more well, respectful in the way they talk about Scott? And the general "oh fuck the fans" attitude is uncalled for too.

If they are so sure this incarnation of STP will work, I would imagine they have plenty of people backing them up, too - why get fixated on a few people saying they should't continue? And where does Dean hear these comments? Does he got to internet and read every comment and expect them ALL to be positive? I doubt he gets shouted at in the streets or anything, he isn't that recognizable anyway. They can say what they say, but why should we fucking have to agree with it ALL?

My point is, however, not everyone who says Dean could be a bit more respectful in the way he talks about Scott, is automatically against STP continuing! Why is that so hard to grasp?

"
As a lifelong STP fan, listening to these recent interviews with Dean and Robert make me cringe. These guys are way too jovial for Scott having just passed away in December."

LoungeFly90, NickLorenza, Chrisinger etc. - where did the OP mention anything about not wanting them to move on? This happens on this forum all the time. Many of us just feel they could be a bit more respectful in the way they talk -  why twist every topic into "Don't like it, fuck off!" jesus....

I stand by what I said, Too bad you don't like it, and I care about two things concerning your views, and that's Jack and Shit.. This fool writes a one line thread called.. "Dean and Robert are Shameful" and you defend that? You are dumb trying to push that here. I know whats being said, and yeah Scotts downfall was shameful, and all on him. Don't worry, I wont post again, fans sites blow the mighty one mostly anyway.  You jerks spew shit about the three who have done the most, by nit-picking everything they say and do. All you have is your meaningless opinion, so go covet that bullshit and be happy in your solitude. Robert, Dean and Eric aren't listening. Bye...

Who said "Don't like it Fuck Off?" you stupid hypocrite. I can see where your screename came from.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 01:04:07 PM by chrisinger »

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2016, 01:25:59 PM »

"

Agreed.

This whole "how are they gonna pay their mortgage" talk is ridiculous.   

• Robert, Dean, and Eric haven't had any trouble paying bills since the 90's. Come on.
  • Lets not pretend that the only way for them to feed their families is if they continue on as STP.
  • The same goes for making new music as "STP".  Does anyone realistically believe that making another STP album is their ONLY way to move on? (unless "move on" means clinging to past glory).   
  • Bringing this back to the ridiculous "mortgage" talk...  Which is going to pay their bills: a new "STP" album, or a few more years of relentless touring the same old setlist?  Hint: It's not the album!

As far as these interviews go, you're right, it's more about how Dean & Robert are coming off. They're coming off as egocentric, pompous assholes with a chip on their shoulder, trying to prove that they are STP themselves, and never needed Scott.  In some instances, it's almost like they're trying to capitalize off Scott's death. 

We all know Scott had issues galore, but even during the firing and legal battle, he never trashed these guys.  Meanwhile, they took every opportunity to air his dirty laundry, take shots, and trash him publicly up until his death. Then within weeks of his death, they're out on their lead singer-sympathy-attention-online-american-idol press tour. 

Whether you agree with these guys moving on as "STP" is one thing, but it's completely naive to think they're doing so for any reasons other than the money. Yes, we'd ALL do a lot for money, but when you're out there like Robert & Dean blatantly lying about WHY they're doing it, and selling out right in front of our eyes... it's a bit hard to side with them.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 01:28:18 PM by STEAK »
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

chrisinger

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2016, 01:38:42 PM »

"

Agreed.

This whole "how are they gonna pay their mortgage" talk is ridiculous.   

• Robert, Dean, and Eric haven't had any trouble paying bills since the 90's. Come on.
  • Lets not pretend that the only way for them to feed their families is if they continue on as STP.
  • The same goes for making new music as "STP".  Does anyone realistically believe that making another STP album is their ONLY way to move on? (unless "move on" means clinging to past glory).   
  • Bringing this back to the ridiculous "mortgage" talk...  Which is going to pay their bills: a new "STP" album, or a few more years of relentless touring the same old setlist?  Hint: It's not the album!
As far as these interviews go, you're right, it's more about how Dean & Robert are coming off. They're coming off as egocentric, pompous assholes with a chip on their shoulder, trying to prove that they are STP themselves, and never needed Scott.  In some instances, it's almost like they're trying to capitalize off Scott's death. 

We all know Scott had issues galore, but even during the firing and legal battle, he never trashed these guys.  Meanwhile, they took every opportunity to air his dirty laundry, take shots, and trash him publicly up until his death. Then within weeks of his death, they're out on their lead singer-sympathy-attention-online-american-idol press tour. 

Whether you agree with these guys moving on as "STP" is one thing, but it's completely naive to think they're doing so for any reasons other than the money. Yes, we'd ALL do a lot for money, but when you're out there like Robert & Dean blatantly lying about WHY they're doing it, and selling out right in front of our eyes... it's a bit hard to side with them.

Why don't you find Dean, Robert, and Eric and tell them that word for word to their face? Then get back to me... Your weak comeback at people like myself on here means nothing to the guys in STP. Go ahead, think of something else stupid that you wouldn't say to them in person.
YOU and those like YOU are the ones coming off as egocentric, pompous assholes with a chip on their shoulder. You have no say in this, and they wont miss you. They are moving on, and have been moving on from those chains that nearly ruined them on more than one occasion, and they are moving on from folks like you as well.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 01:50:43 PM by chrisinger »

loungefly90

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2016, 02:15:46 PM »
There is nothing ridiculous about commenting on their financial situation as it directly pertains to how they put food on their tables. What is ridiculous is the entitlement on this website, coming from people who think they know what is best for the remaining members. The fact that people on this site have been making financial decisions for the band based on relationships they know nothing about is what is ridiculous. 

And STP are shameful? Give me a break! Dean has been harsh with Scott from day one. I've posted many links and interviews with Dean where he bad mouthed Scott when Scott was sitting right next to him. Scott was always a thorn in Dean's side and the interviews and clips I have posted prove my point. "Despite reports that the band had begun work on a sixth studio album in 2002, the band had dissolved by the end of that year, after reports of an altercation between Dean DeLeo and Weiland after the last show of Stone Temple Pilots' fall 2002 tour." This sort of thing happened often and unfortunately, I'm going to assume Dean is glad to be rid of Scott, which are why his comments are what they are. Are the fans who take the time to post here going to actually tell me they are not going to listen to the new material when it comes out. Call them shameful all you want, but you will be right there listening when the new music is aired. 

Down-Plush

• Chameleon
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sing the song, or keep it inside.
    • View Profile
    • My bandcamp
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2016, 02:24:23 PM »
Look man, I get what you're saying but you're looking at it entirely wrong. What would you rather them do? Be so sad and mournful over Scott that they just retire, never to produce music again? Or would you rather have the actual case, which is that they're sad to see Scott go but are choosing to move forward for all intents and purposes. Now, they've said some less than decent things in interviews as of late, but who can blame them. Sometimes, you have a lot of feelings when somebody leaves your life. Anger, regret, remorse, you have to remember that these are people too. This isn't just a band, there are people with real feelings on the other side. All in all, it's seemed pretty natural to me. The desire to continue creatively, the semi-harsh words regarding Scott at times, and the other times seeing Scott in high regard, it sounds very much like they're just grieving as a whole.

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2016, 04:15:43 PM »

Why don't you find Dean, Robert, and Eric and tell them that word for word to their face? Then get back to me... Your weak comeback at people like myself on here means nothing to the guys in STP. Go ahead, think of something else stupid that you wouldn't say to them in person.
YOU and those like YOU are the ones coming off as egocentric, pompous assholes with a chip on their shoulder. You have no say in this, and they wont miss you. They are moving on, and have been moving on from those chains that nearly ruined them on more than one occasion, and they are moving on from folks like you as well.

This isn't 'Wild 'N Out' or some insult battle... these are responses on a message board, not "comebacks". 

Please set up that meeting with Dean, Robert, and Eric. I'd gladly tell them what I (along with many other fans) think. Considering the fan were split after the Chester thing, I'm sure they already know. It's clear that these guys don't care about winning over ALL the fans, but that doesn't mean if you're against their decisions, then you can't have an opinion, or discuss them among other fans. That's absurd.

There is nothing ridiculous about commenting on their financial situation as it directly pertains to how they put food on their tables. What is ridiculous is the entitlement on this website, coming from people who think they know what is best for the remaining members. The fact that people on this site have been making financial decisions for the band based on relationships they know nothing about is what is ridiculous. 

And STP are shameful? Give me a break! Dean has been harsh with Scott from day one. I've posted many links and interviews with Dean where he bad mouthed Scott when Scott was sitting right next to him. Scott was always a thorn in Dean's side and the interviews and clips I have posted prove my point. "Despite reports that the band had begun work on a sixth studio album in 2002, the band had dissolved by the end of that year, after reports of an altercation between Dean DeLeo and Weiland after the last show of Stone Temple Pilots' fall 2002 tour." This sort of thing happened often and unfortunately, I'm going to assume Dean is glad to be rid of Scott, which are why his comments are what they are. Are the fans who take the time to post here going to actually tell me they are not going to listen to the new material when it comes out. Call them shameful all you want, but you will be right there listening when the new music is aired.

Again with this "putting food on their table" nonsense............

It's not about "fans" claiming to "know what's best for Dean, Robert, and Eric's lives"... it's about the fans disagreeing with the choices they're making regarding the band they're a fan of.  Choices that entirely ignore the music & legacy of STP, in favor of money.  The choices they've made and the way they act during these interviews makes it very clear what their motives are, and typically when someone sells out, fans tend to look down on those choices.  It's really simple. 

As far as the relationship between the DeLeos/Eric and Scott go, that's irrelevant in terms of the music. They had their ups & downs, but they put out amazing music, and couldn't have done that without each other. The difference is when they were apart. Scott was fine experimenting as an artist, singing with other bands, and working as a solo musician. The DeLeos/Eric tried, but they never gained much success without Scott.  So rather than actually "moving on" and trying again on their own merits, they chose to live in STP's past.

Oh, and sure, I'll listen to whatever shit music they make with their online singer. Just like I'd stare at a train wreck. It's a morbid curiosity thing. There's a very small chance it could be good, but I HIGHLY doubt it. On top of that, there's zero chance it'll sound, feel, or belong in the STP catalog.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 04:19:12 PM by STEAK »
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

loungefly90

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2016, 04:51:11 PM »
Lots of fans do believe they know what's best for the band as they are saying, "The band should..." It doesn't make sense to admit they are disagreeing with the choices, but that the suggestions are not what they think is best. Of course people are suggesting what they think is best. That's what people do. Either the fans are making suggestions for what they think is best for the band, or are trying to sabotage the band with the suggestion, which is it? When people say, "They should not continue as STP," what is that sentiment based off of if not them thinking what is best for the band?

How can the choice to move forward with STP ignore the music/legacy of STP? It actually is doing exactly the opposite. Continuing with something is not ignoring it.

Their relationships with one another are irrelevant? Incorrect. It obviously takes a quality relationship between every member of the band to make quality music. How can their relationship be "irrelevant" when it was their bad relationship that cancelled tours, cancelled albums, and cancelled shows? Do you think Dean is saying the things he is now because their relationship was so good?

You say, "Choices that entirely ignore the music & legacy of STP, in favor of money" And then you also say, "So rather than actually "moving on" and trying again on their own merits, they chose to live in STP's past." You cannot live in STP's past while also ignoring the music and legacy.