September 24, 2024, 09:36:41 PM

Author Topic: Scott Weiland Man Of Velvet and Stone  (Read 10705 times)

IMJ

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Wave1Collectibles
Re: Scott Weiland Man Of Velvet and Stone
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2019, 07:07:30 PM »
This has the feel of some kind of grass roots hack film - not even something of underground quality that would pop up on Netflix. But I'll give it a watch to see what happens.
Story about these kinds of projetcts -

So there are a few pop culture things that I have been deeply into since I was a kid, since the 80's. Iron Man (probably pretty obvious at this point), Indiana Jones, stuff like that. So some years back there was this documentary being made that was very hyped in "Indiana Jones" groups. The documentary I think was called "Indy Fans". People were excited because, if anything, documentary-guy was good at gaining traction for the project.  It was released, had some nice DVD cover art, and gave the air of being a pretty encompassing look - if not at the movies, then at least at Indiana Jones fandom.
Then I watched it. It would've been excruciating had it been any better but it was so bad that it took me some time to process what I had seen.  The documentary accomplished nothing. It was a documentary about filming a documentary. The actual documentary could have been one the special features about making the actual documentary. They documented nothing. At one point at some film festival, the documentary guy goes on stage and tells a bunch of people at the film festival that they are creating an Indiana Jones documentary and that the people in the film festival are going to be in it. That's it. And they put that in the documentary.  Then significant amounts of time are used where the documentary creator is on camera dressed as Indiana Jones and taking himself so seriously while speaking like Indiana Jones that it comes off as dry comedy. The movie culminates in a discussion about an Indiana Jones roller coaster.... somewhere.... a theme park somewhere...

Don't make an STP or Weiland documentary like the Indy Fans documentary.
STP Shows: 12/12/1996 | 10/12/2001 | 05/17/2008 | 05/22/2008 | 03/20/2010 | 08/20/2010
CheSTP Shows: 04/23/2015
JeffTP Shows: 09/26/2019
Velvet Revolver Shows: 05/19/2004 | 11/21/2004 | 04/29/2005 | 08/13/2005 | 05/10/2007 (w. Slash signed Setlist) | 08/28/2007
Scott Weiland Shows: 05/10/2014 | 11/20/2015

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2019, 12:12:00 AM »
If the trailer is any indication, this 'documentary' is just a decent quality bootleg with some interviews edited in in Windows Movie Maker. The poster looks equally amateurish. All I see here is some hack trying to profit of the fact that he interviewed Scott just before he died.

Save your money. There's plenty of inteviews and bootlegs from that era on Youtube. Watch those, if you can bare it... and don't give your money to the vultures.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2019, 12:32:04 PM »
Will be giving this a miss, looks depressing as hell, and I have no wish to know anything about what went on during his final tour.

Sad Daisy Girl

• Danielle
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • FB
Stone Temple Pilots: 5.20.08, 8.22.10, 7.19.11, 8.10.11, 9.7.11

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2020, 03:48:51 AM »
Was this ever released? Wasn’t it due in like November/December time?
I’m not expecting a great deal from this project but since the estate won’t release anything official I will watch this for any previously unseen performance or interview footage. I watch everything SW related.
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2020, 05:00:27 PM »
Was this ever released? Wasn’t it due in like November/December time?
I’m not expecting a great deal from this project but since the estate won’t release anything official I will watch this for any previously unseen performance or interview footage. I watch everything SW related.

According to the guy's Facebook page both his girlfriend and his uncle died at the end of last year and he couldn't commit himself to the "legalities and obligations" to release the 'film' in December.

I feel sorry for the guy... But as I've said time and time again, this is just an amateur bootleg with some equally amateur interview footage thrown in. You can find many bootlegs from the same tour on Youtube, as well as actual professional interviews and some proshot footage.
Grab the hate and drown it out...