October 02, 2024, 09:22:17 AM

Author Topic: Video of Scott leaving jail in 1995  (Read 2525 times)

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
Video of Scott leaving jail in 1995
« on: February 15, 2016, 06:30:43 AM »
Decided to search YouTube for the recently uploaded videos for the first time in a while, and saw this:

https://youtu.be/mLHf6tZBJkI

Maybe some of you have seen it, I know I have never seen it.

I know he's mentioned that Mustang before. Hopping out of it to score dope, can't remember if that was when he was leaving jail, or what.

Either way, nice to see Scott during "better times"
Bleeda blooda

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
Re: Video of Scott leaving jail in 1995
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 06:42:36 AM »
Kind of inteslresting footage of the middle part of this anecdote exists for us to watch over 20 years later....

My first arrest? That would have to be nineteen ninety...[1995]. I'm so bad with dates. I never really had any perception of time when I was on dope. That was part of the problem. That was really part of the problem. I'd go out to buy a pack of cigarettes and end up missing for three days.

There was this one spot where we liked to cop rock—because by this time I was trying to keep away from slamming coke as much as possible—on Colorado Boulevard in Pasadena, near some of these shady hotels where the hookers used to congregate. Wherever you have hookers and pimps, you have crack dealers. We would go to this one room, and there were always dealers and chicks in there, or sometimes these prostitutes would just call the dealers for us; they were actually pretty cool.

This one night, no one was around. I went and knocked on the door, and no one was in the room. I went back to my car, which I'd been careful to park down the street, you know; you never want to drive right into the spot where you're going to cop. And I got into the car. And before I even could decide what to do next, the cops just kind of swooped down on me. They came from nowhere...a bunch of them.

I didn't think that I had any dope in my car. That's the mistake a lot of dope fiends make. You get sloppy and you get lazy. The cops asked me if I had anything on me, and I said, "Nope." And I really thought I was telling the truth. But then they checked my car and I did. It was inside the ashtray. I swear I didn't know it was there. That's the thing about being a dope fiend with money. You don't count your crumbs; you leave it littered all over the place. You can be rich enough to really fuck yourself up.

I got taken to the sheriff's station and booked. The next morning, my wife came and bailed me out. The thing is, I woke up dope sick. So when I got into the car, I was like, "I need to go get well. I need you to take me over to my dealer in Silver Lake." And she's like, "No fuckin' way! What are you talking about? You were just busted!" And I'm like, "I don't have a choice. I'm sick." And she's like, "I'm not taking you. I'm taking you home." And I'm like, "Lookit, we'll deal with the situation later. But first, I just gotta get well. I can't think right now. I need to fix myself. And then we'll take care of what needs to get taken care of."

And you know, even though she'd done a bit of dope herself, it's easy for some people to get self-righteous in situations like that. She was driving me in this candy-apple-red convertible Mustang that I had gotten her. We were arguing. We'd just started moving at a green light. So I said fuck it. I just popped out of the car, jumped out without opening the door
Bleeda blooda

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 02:51:45 PM »
Nice Southern California Cleveland Browns backers sweatshirt. Definitely makes sense that he could be into that.  He does look super uncomfortable and sick in that clip.

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 03:24:28 PM »
Kind of inteslresting footage of the middle part of this anecdote exists for us to watch over 20 years later....

My first arrest? That would have to be nineteen ninety...[1995]. I'm so bad with dates. I never really had any perception of time when I was on dope. That was part of the problem. That was really part of the problem. I'd go out to buy a pack of cigarettes and end up missing for three days.

There was this one spot where we liked to cop rock—because by this time I was trying to keep away from slamming coke as much as possible—on Colorado Boulevard in Pasadena, near some of these shady hotels where the hookers used to congregate. Wherever you have hookers and pimps, you have crack dealers. We would go to this one room, and there were always dealers and chicks in there, or sometimes these prostitutes would just call the dealers for us; they were actually pretty cool.

This one night, no one was around. I went and knocked on the door, and no one was in the room. I went back to my car, which I'd been careful to park down the street, you know; you never want to drive right into the spot where you're going to cop. And I got into the car. And before I even could decide what to do next, the cops just kind of swooped down on me. They came from nowhere...a bunch of them.

I didn't think that I had any dope in my car. That's the mistake a lot of dope fiends make. You get sloppy and you get lazy. The cops asked me if I had anything on me, and I said, "Nope." And I really thought I was telling the truth. But then they checked my car and I did. It was inside the ashtray. I swear I didn't know it was there. That's the thing about being a dope fiend with money. You don't count your crumbs; you leave it littered all over the place. You can be rich enough to really fuck yourself up.

I got taken to the sheriff's station and booked. The next morning, my wife came and bailed me out. The thing is, I woke up dope sick. So when I got into the car, I was like, "I need to go get well. I need you to take me over to my dealer in Silver Lake." And she's like, "No fuckin' way! What are you talking about? You were just busted!" And I'm like, "I don't have a choice. I'm sick." And she's like, "I'm not taking you. I'm taking you home." And I'm like, "Lookit, we'll deal with the situation later. But first, I just gotta get well. I can't think right now. I need to fix myself. And then we'll take care of what needs to get taken care of."

And you know, even though she'd done a bit of dope herself, it's easy for some people to get self-righteous in situations like that. She was driving me in this candy-apple-red convertible Mustang that I had gotten her. We were arguing. We'd just started moving at a green light. So I said fuck it. I just popped out of the car, jumped out without opening the door

That's the story right there. Thanks for sharing.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
  • If night was longer, could I escape the day?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2016, 03:33:08 PM »
I haven't seen that before... I was wondering if this was the occasion where he jumped out of the car after going down the street. It seems as it is.

I-want-a-time-machine

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2016, 05:59:43 PM »
I was doing the same you tube search-thing yesterday and was thinking" should I post this?, i mean he looks so sick and miserable" but you beat me to it, Andrew.
Definetely an illustration to go with that story of jumping out of the car after being released from jail to score dope.
half the art school girl she used to be...