September 30, 2024, 10:35:39 AM

Author Topic: Toryn Green Audition is AMAZING.  (Read 5641 times)

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
Re: Toryn Green Audition is AMAZING.
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2016, 05:28:52 AM »
The problem with Liam singing is Noel Gallagher actually wrote most of Oasis' material.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

BillMurraylovesSTP

• Im streets ahead
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2016, 06:26:59 AM »
follow me on
@Jrlthinks on instagram
@lakethinks twitter

Gasolina Waltz

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2016, 06:53:06 AM »
Trippin' and Vasoline as sung by yours truly: https://youtu.be/g_Y3P6eDkxA

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2016, 09:16:36 AM »
Hey guys, I've stumbled upon many, many submissions and Toryn Green really stands out to me for a number of reasons. Scott himself was going to sign Toryn to his label through softdrive, when Toryn was with his own band called "something to burn" Go to youtube and check out his auditions, he's done three songs.

"Hey there... how's your steak?"

leocal79

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2016, 02:45:31 PM »
Steak I gotta say I am total agreement with you on this one. Check this guy out he sounds pretty good and seems to have a good personality as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY4h1HuLf34

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2016, 03:38:41 PM »
Steak I gotta say I am total agreement with you on this one. Check this guy out he sounds pretty good and seems to have a good personality as well.

I'm not a singer, a musician, or an expert by any means.

To be fair to Toryn Green, I'm being a bit harsh in my opinion. Watched a few more YouTube videos, and they weren't AS BAD, as the earlier submissions.
 He seems to be pushing hard for the gig, and in some of his videos he does sound way more professional than other applicants (as he should).  Just not a fan of his voice.

Left Jeremy Brading playing in the background twice now; and he seems fine. Just kinda generic/amateur. Doesn't seem like a bad dude, and isn't dressed like some Ed Hardy douche (sry Toryn), so compared to a lot of the (awful) auditions on the site, he could go far... I just don't see it though.

that last beady eye album was good imo
any one hear it

I like Beady Eye.  Randomly got into them a few months ago.

Liam Gallagher has a distinct voice & singing style, so I can't really imagine him doing any more than a random STP cover. He's certainly talented, but I'm not sure how well he'd mesh with the DeLeos/Eric musically... but I'd much rather a scenario like that, opposed to this online fiasco.
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
  • If night was longer, could I escape the day?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2016, 03:42:32 PM »

nice! Jeremy Brading is pretty good.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2016, 03:54:04 PM »
Liam Gallagher singing for STP is the worst idea in the history of shit ideas.

Noel Gallagher wrote all the tunes anyway, Liam is just a singing monobrow. He has a horrible voice with zero stage presence.

leocal79

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2016, 08:34:42 PM »
Liam Gallagher singing for STP is the worst idea in the history of shit ideas.

Noel Gallagher wrote all the tunes anyway, Liam is just a singing monobrow. He has a horrible voice with zero stage presence.

I agree his voice doesn't fit this band at all. Anyway if you are going to go after anyone it would be Noel Gallagher they have similar voices but neither one fit STP.

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2016, 08:37:05 PM »
I know this Liam thing sounds ridiculous, but I gotta say, in A LOT of ways, Dave Coutts sounded very Liam to me at the time.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

TorynGreenfan

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2016, 09:03:24 PM »
There are a lot of great vocalists out there, it's great to hear what everyone has to say. As for Toryn, I'm a friend of his so, it's only natural for me to make a push for him. I personally think, his best cover is trippin, but I told him to push himself harder and yes, he does want it bad because he knew Scott on a personal level and looked up to him.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2016, 11:00:28 PM »
Just listened to Toryn Green's cover of 'Trippin' on YouTube and thought it was pretty good to be fair. I definitely prefer his voice to Chester's anyway that's for sure. Whenever I heard Chester's whiney vocals it just brought back terrible memory's of shit songs like 'Crawling' and 'Numb' for me though :/ This Toryn guy hasn't really got the right look though...

As for Liam Gallagher, I think it could work for a new band but not STP. His vocals would sound good over the Deleo's music I think but I saw Beady Eye live when they released their first album and while Liam sounded okay he did his usual stand still with his hands behind his back routine for the entire gig. I also don't know how well he'd fare singing some of the STP material, I certainly could not picture him singing 'Sex a Type Thing'! If the guys insist on keeping the STP name (which I wish they wouldn't) then they certainly need a guy with more stage presence and someone with more than one vocal style, after all Scott was something of a vocal chameleon.
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

JBattista

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Favorite Flavor: Watermelon
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2016, 11:03:45 PM »
Just listened to Toryn Green's cover of 'Trippin' on YouTube and thought it was pretty good to be fair. I definitely prefer his voice to Chester's anyway that's for sure. Whenever I heard Chester's whiney vocals it just brought back terrible memory's of shit songs like 'Crawling' and 'Numb' for me though :/ This Toryn guy hasn't really got the right look though...

As for Liam Gallagher, I think it could work for a new band but not STP. His vocals would sound good over the Deleo's music I think but I saw Beady Eye live when they released their first album and while Liam sounded okay he did his usual stand still with his hands behind his back routine for the entire gig. I also don't know how well he'd fare singing some of the STP material, I certainly could not picture him singing 'Sex a Type Thing'! If the guys insist on keeping the STP name (which I wish they wouldn't) then they certainly need a guy with more stage presence and someone with more than one vocal style, after all Scott was something of a vocal chameleon.
Yeah, even if they did write a bunch more music and play a lot more newer stuff there's no way Liam would be able to sing the old stuff, he is WAY too nasally, and on the BDI albums he was at his worst vocally in my opinion. I'm still up for Chrisinger, his auditions are excellent.

chrisinger

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2016, 11:10:04 PM »

Yeah, even if they did write a bunch more music and play a lot more newer stuff there's no way Liam would be able to sing the old stuff, he is WAY too nasally, and on the BDI albums he was at his worst vocally in my opinion. I'm still up for Chrisinger, his auditions are excellent.

Thank you! I am truly flattered. I am definitely more of a live type singer, I have a hard time actually listening to any recordings I've done. I know there are many good choices for STP, as for myself, I'd just like to have a crack at jamming with them. I'll add my links here and you guys can debate further. I wish I could have done more than one take of each song, but money and time killed that. My main goal, as always is to respect the music. On another side of this thing, I have had three death threats for submitting to this open audition. There is a lot of angry people out there, but whateva..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_cEU5gMEWY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u3hBNCLMDg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qqv3m12Z4E
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 11:25:10 PM by chrisinger »

nat

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2016, 12:37:33 AM »
On another side of this thing, I have had three death threats for submitting to this open audition.

What the hell?!? From who?