September 30, 2024, 08:21:08 AM

Author Topic: Toryn Green Audition is AMAZING.  (Read 5631 times)

chrisinger

Re: Toryn Green Audition is AMAZING.
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2016, 12:53:52 AM »
On another side of this thing, I have had three death threats for submitting to this open audition.

The threats came from Facecrook, on a couple of fan pages. Some folks, including me, posted to the initial article that was shared onto these fan pages, and the shit started there. The guilty parties, saw my location and one even made open travel plans to locate me and, well you can guess. I reported the threatening parties, and blocked all of those pages.

The threats came from Facecrook, on a couple of fan pages. Some folks, including me, posted to the initial article that was shared onto these fan pages, and the shit started there. The guilty parties, saw my location and one even made open travel plans to locate me and, well you can guess. I reported the threatening parties, and blocked all of those pages.

What the hell?!? From who?

[/size]The threats came from Facecrook, on a couple of fan pages. Some folks, including me, posted to the initial article that was shared onto these fan pages, and the shit started there. The guilty parties, saw my location and one even made open travel plans to locate me and, well you can guess. I reported the threatening parties, and blocked all of those pages.

[/size]The threats came from Facecrook, on a couple of fan pages. Some folks, including me, posted to the initial article that was shared onto these fan pages, and the shit started there. The guilty parties, saw my location and one even made open travel plans to locate me and, well you can guess. I reported the threatening parties, and blocked all of those pages.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 12:57:25 AM by chrisinger »

chrisinger

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2016, 12:57:48 AM »
On another side of this thing, I have had three death threats for submitting to this open audition.

What the hell?!? From who?

chrisinger

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2016, 12:59:12 AM »
Sorry about the blank responses.....The threats came from Facecrook, on a couple of fan pages. Some folks, including me, posted to the initial open audition article that was shared onto these fan pages, and the shit started there. The guilty parties, saw my location and one even made open travel plans to locate me and, well you can guess the rest. I reported the threatening parties, and blocked all of those pages.

VeiledTrickerySTP

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2016, 03:51:23 AM »
Not quite understanding the hate on Toryn. Yeah, he's not Scott but no one ever will be. Listened to his audition of Trippin' and he absolutely nailed it.

BillMurraylovesSTP

• Im streets ahead
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2016, 05:54:53 AM »
I guess I might be in the minority
I don't want someone who sings like
Scott, because I don't want them to continue doing greatest hits tours.
Because if its a Scott Clone it could be embarrassing imo
follow me on
@Jrlthinks on instagram
@lakethinks twitter

chrisinger

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2016, 02:49:15 PM »

Can I ask what makes a Scott clone? Keeping the tone and inflection, and integrity of a song? Pink or purple hair? My point is, is that nobody will be Scott, it is literally impossible. These audition songs, are such a small sample, that no one should, or could judge much of anything from them really, as all they can tell you is that someone can carry a tune, or can auto-tune, or produce themselves a white bread version with zero inflection, and nasally, whiny vocals, and call it a making it their own? STP will have to pull a group of candidates and hash it out on a soundstage or rehearsal room. For them to just grab a track from the submissions, which are all "Greatest Hits" by the way, then hear it, and go "That's our guy" he's the one, would be suicide. I have said it before, there are so many layers to this thing, that nobody can judge anything definite at this point.

I have listened to quite a lot of these submissions, and my concern as a fan, is this. Many of these submissions, have vocalists, with very thin and not so strong of voice, now again, its hard to judge much from these, but can some of these voices handle night after night with STP's versatile and wide ranging song catalog? Can they even last an entire night? The herd will be thinned out rather easily in my view, as there cannot be that many with the experience to carry a full concert of songs, much less engage a crowd, and stand in the shadow of Scott, for a full on tour.

I don't think STP needs a frontman that re-invents the wheel on their back catalog, and obviously they will have to play the hits in some fashion,but I am of the mind that they will move into new territory possibly, just by default when it comes to writing a new album, and the obvious fact that nobody will write like Scott anyway. If they want to re-invent their back catalog, they should just do a tribute album like the Enconium cd for Zeppelin, call it a day and find other projects. To call it STP, and basically re-write history, is a risk that I wouldn't personally take, but it's their game. I just feel like they may make the "New Coca-Cola" mistake, if they aren't very careful.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 04:03:21 PM by chrisinger »

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2016, 09:53:21 PM »

I don't think you're in the minority.

This whole thing is a Catch 52.

The DeLeos are NEVER going to stop doing their greatest hits tour ever.  It's the only way they can, or ever will make any money. There's no money in releasing an album, and if they did, it would just be to appease their own egos as "doing it all themselves".

Yes, a "Scott clone" is (and will be) EMBARRASSING.  But to be fair, Chester wasn't that bad as a "clone". Hie writing & melodies were nothing like Scott's, he also tried to sing (look/dress) like Scott, and did a good job (aside from a few songs that don't suit his voice). But that's the best case scenario for a clone.

The DeLeos know this, and they don't care... it's either the best clone (below Chester's level), or they'll go with some marketable gimmick (a woman, kid, talking dog, sob story, etc.)
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

TorynGreenfan

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2016, 08:02:40 PM »
It's to my understanding that March the 7th is the deadline for a submission.