September 27, 2024, 04:26:21 PM

Author Topic: No Doubt taps AFI's Havok to be new lead singer  (Read 2733 times)

leocal79

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: No Doubt taps AFI's Havok to be new lead singer
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 02:08:58 AM »
This is semi good news because No Doubt for the most part was terrible. Havoc is ok and AFI is ok should be interesting but not that excited to hear it.

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 02:20:40 AM »
the first few no doubt albums were pretty good. they kinda started going away from the rock sound and then started to suck.

Down-Plush

• Chameleon
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sing the song, or keep it inside.
    • View Profile
    • My bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 06:17:12 AM »
Very misleading title and pretty inaccurate. They aren't continuing under the No Doubt moniker. They've got an album complete and are shopping it around as an unnamed Superband, not as No Doubt with a new singer.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 08:39:19 AM »
Very misleading title and pretty inaccurate. They aren't continuing under the No Doubt moniker. They've got an album complete and are shopping it around as an unnamed Superband, not as No Doubt with a new singer.

they might as well just call it No Doubt though, right? Certain other bands think they are able to replace the face of the brand with a completely different person without anybody noticing and call it the same thing....

I don't care what is band wants to call itself, this is No Doubt. If you can replace the only irreplaceable person in a band and be able to call it the same thing, fuck it.

From now on, Audioslave is now known as Rage Against the Machine, Velvet Revolver is just Guns N Roses.

Bleeda blooda

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2016, 08:41:54 AM »
Same principle, but instead of Gwen Stefani being a drug addict, she is a musical reality TV show addict, and rather than her band mates waiting for her reality tv show sobriety, they deserve the opportunity to continue their musical quest without having to sacrifice the name that by default will allow them to sell many tens of thousands more records.

Diarrhea diarrhea diarrhea diarrhea diarrhea garbage
Bleeda blooda

CritterTypeThing

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2016, 05:46:56 PM »
She really crashed down to earth.  She used to be so bad ass when they first started.  And when they first started getting poppy she atleast still had a bit of an edge to her.  But then they lost that ska sound completely and she (atleast publicly) became something else.

Can't blame them for not waiting around now that she'd had a boom in reality tv and wants to focus on solo. 

Cheers to them for CHANGING THE NAME.....
Hold me closer.....closer.....let me go!

My STP Concertology:  6/22/01, 10/26/01, 4/21/02, 4/23/02, 5/18/08, 5/26/08, 5/31/08, 8/6/08, 8/8/08, 8/10/08, 7/17/09, 5/18/10, 9/3/10, 9/4/10, 7/25/11, 7/26/11, 9/10/11, 9/1/12, 5/6/18

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2016, 06:57:27 PM »

Cheers to them for CHANGING THE NAME.....

^^^
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

Down-Plush

• Chameleon
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sing the song, or keep it inside.
    • View Profile
    • My bandcamp
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2016, 10:35:46 PM »

they might as well just call it No Doubt though, right? Certain other bands think they are able to replace the face of the brand with a completely different person without anybody noticing and call it the same thing....

I don't care what is band wants to call itself, this is No Doubt. If you can replace the only irreplaceable person in a band and be able to call it the same thing, fuck it.

From now on, Audioslave is now known as Rage Against the Machine, Velvet Revolver is just Guns N Roses.
Okay pal.

Scarlett

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2016, 03:41:43 AM »
I'm actually very interested to hear what they come out with.  I've been an AFI fan for 13 years and love them and I've enjoyed certain records from No Doubt. 

Davey's writing aesthetic is usually very dark and three from No Doubt have typically played upbeat ska or pop.  Should be interesting to hear how they balance each other out. 

I don't like how it comes off sounding like Davey is replacing Gwen.  AFI generally do their own thing between records then come back together and make an AFI record again.  Gwen, I don't think, has been interested in doing band work for a long time now.