September 27, 2024, 03:14:54 PM

Author Topic: That one "should" have been a radio single...  (Read 4906 times)

TooCoolQueenie

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: That one "should" have been a radio single...
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2016, 05:31:13 AM »
Wow, I just wrote a whole article about what songs I thought should've been hit STP songs.

I think "Naked Sunday" had potential to be a hit. I'm not sure if it was a B-side. It probably was. I think because of the religious undertones it was slept on.

I agree with Nick and what other people said about "Shangri La Dee Da" not being promoted properly. I love "Dumb Love" and "Coma." Those two songs should've been on rock radio. "Days of the Week" isn't technically bad. It's just a little too poppy. I like "Too Cool Queenie," obviously.  ::) I think it's obvious why it wasn't played, and "Hollywood Bitch" wasn't played much, either, for that particular reason. I do like "Regeneration," but it sounds a little distorted.

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
  • If night was longer, could I escape the day?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2016, 05:59:24 AM »
I can understand why the label wanted to push Days Of The Week... Pop music had a sharpshooter on mainstream radio for several years at this point. I think their intentions were to appeal to that crowd, or at least as many of them as possible. 

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2016, 06:59:48 AM »
Coma, Wonderful, Hollywood Bitch, Days of the Week.

That album is just so strong. Shame it didn't get its due. And they probably should have gone the double album route, considering, at the very least, About a Fool and Samba Nova were from those sessions.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2016, 04:34:29 PM »
Coma, Wonderful, Hollywood Bitch, Days of the Week.

That album is just so strong. Shame it didn't get its due. And they probably should have gone the double album route, considering, at the very least, About a Fool and Samba Nova were from those sessions.

Don't think it being a double album would have helped it critically or commercially. If anything, I think they should have pared down tracks a little to give the album a better flow.

But yeah, I definitely think Coma should have been the lead single, followed by Wonderful, and then the shorter poppier tracks.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Alex

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2016, 12:54:21 PM »
MEATPLOW!!!