September 25, 2024, 10:14:08 AM

Author Topic: STP announce new singer search  (Read 60885 times)

tumbleintherough

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: STP announce new singer search
« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2016, 07:19:54 AM »
For this year 2016 Id love to hear any unreleased demos/outakes of scott and riffs from the deleos. And I really wish at this point the deleos went back to army of anyone that was a great band. I dont wanna hear these guys pick a random guy named joe singing stp songs and calling it Stone temple pilots. Let STP rip they will never come back its gone!

DrLymphNode

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 06, 2016, 08:38:21 AM »
So before I was gonna make a rough vocal demo on my phone (not expecting to get the gig, just doing this for fun) which I decided to do in my car in a secluded area, and I got as far as "this is for you, Scott" and the first 10 seconds of Vasoline before a cop showed up and asked me if I had drugs in my ass and got frisked.

Best part is the whole thing is recorded

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 06, 2016, 09:35:53 AM »
Anybody else here going to submit? Im already working on stuff...

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #78 on: February 06, 2016, 10:05:13 AM »
Anybody else here going to submit? Im already working on stuff...

I was already working on a medley type cover a week or so ago starting with Sour Girl leading into a couple other ballady/poppy STP tracks that suit my voice just for fun.  I'll probably use it for an article we'll do on 'reporter submissions' including some shticky stuff, but I highly doubt I'll actually submit it on their website.  It would be a dream come true to write music with the DeLeo brothers and Eric Kretz, but not necessarily to sing Scott Weiland's songs, I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way.  I actually really wish they'd put out an instrumental of a new song for the audition process, that would have been a lot of fun to write to and to hear everybody's melodic/lyrical take.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

kazuality

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 06, 2016, 11:01:06 AM »

I think that they have singer, this is only advertising.
Look I just want to go out sometime you know.  Like normal people, spend time together and enjoy each other's company. Like best friends.  Like lovers that care.  Who actually respect the relationship you know?"

leocal79

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 06, 2016, 02:04:15 PM »
I totally agree and I hope that singer is Scott Stevens from the Exies.

Xylonjay

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 06, 2016, 03:28:22 PM »
So before I was gonna make a rough vocal demo on my phone (not expecting to get the gig, just doing this for fun) which I decided to do in my car in a secluded area, and I got as far as "this is for you, Scott" and the first 10 seconds of Vasoline before a cop showed up and asked me if I had drugs in my ass and got frisked.

Ha! This should be good.

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 06, 2016, 04:34:07 PM »
While this hurts the legacy even more to use the name and could turn them into a complete joke, I'm happy they're doing it because my guess is they'd retire to session/guest work and probably never record together again if they didn't carry on with the STP name.  With Scott dead, I still want to see some new music from STP members, and they are all that is left now.  I just wish they'd focus on new music, regardless of what they call it.

They should retire to session/guest work.

Robert, Dean, and Eric are not good enough on their own.

As a fan since 1992, I've loved almost every note that these guys have put on record, both in and outside of STP.  I genuinely enjoyed Talk Show, and while I liked AOA; it felt safe, almost recycled in a sense. I'd never doubt any of their musical abilities, but as a group, they've never grown outside of the first five STP albums. 'High Rise' was underwhelming, and the fact that it was new made it seem better than it was. There's always been something lacking, and as long as these guys continue to live in STP's past, they'll NEVER find that spark again.

Scott was that spark for them.  Scott was that spark for VR.  And while the Wildabouts weren't nearly on either of their levels; even at his worst, he was that spark for that band.  Robert, Dean, and Eric are incredible musicians, but without an incredible singer/songwriter/front man, they're just another outdated band living off of old glory.

And considering that they're still too stubborn to branch away from the STP brand/sound/songs... they'll stay that way.
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 06, 2016, 04:57:28 PM »

I think that they have singer, this is only advertising.

I think they may have someone in mind... But if it was someone like Chester who obviously filled the role then I think they would have annoinced by now.

My guess is they've found someone who would be adequate, but they want to make last ditch effort to find someone amazing.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 06, 2016, 06:19:41 PM »

Hahaha! Please upload this!
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

JBattista

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Favorite Flavor: Watermelon
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 06, 2016, 06:25:12 PM »

Hahaha! Please upload this!
please do  ;D

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
  • If night was longer, could I escape the day?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 06, 2016, 06:28:49 PM »

That's truly epic if this really happened haha

Flyingmerpa

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 06, 2016, 06:29:30 PM »
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 08:38:15 PM by Flyingmerpa »

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 06, 2016, 06:38:44 PM »
Why do some people think they already have their singer?

Just curious.

I really don't know about this whole thing. We never know how it will work out, though, I guess. I hope the new guy is a master melody creator.
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy

CoconutBackwards

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 06, 2016, 06:41:19 PM »
Candidates can submit two classic STP songs for consideration, so just for shits and giggles here's Chester's "audition":

Dead & Bloated: https://youtu.be/2PQTkTPhXR0?t=1m
Wonderful: https://youtu.be/QVi3wlbSn1M

So there you go, Chester harmonizing perfectly with Scott while Scott was at his peak, on two of the most polar opposite songs in STP's entire catalog. That's why he got the job immediately after Scott was canned. It's one thing to be able to sing Core & Purple material, but can you find many people who can cover all five original albums like these two?

If anyone wants their submission to be taken seriously, they need to display range like this. Everyone so far is just submitting the same Core & Purple songs, and it's clear none of them will be able to do shit when the band wants to play Adhesive or Glide or Wonderful.

I promise they won't be able to find an adequate singer this way.

Well, shit.  You've already got this whole thing figured out.  I would assume your #1 priority right now is getting the band on the phone to let them know what a waste of time this is.
Hr308: "Cuatro, i nearly did this because 5 g's is nothing to me."

Vaporized - "I can confirm that it's neither Gutt or Borja."