October 01, 2024, 11:08:39 PM

Author Topic: In A Perfect World-Scott Weiland Through The Years Tribute Concert  (Read 4097 times)

Toxic34

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
In a perfect world, Scott's death would be marked by an absolute historic tribute concert, featuring everyone he's ever worked with or made music with saying goodbye, and showcasing his talent through the years. In such a world, the setlist and personnel involved would be this:

Scott Weiland Through The Years Tribute (Stone Temple Pilots, Solo, Velvet Revolver, Art Of Anarchy)
-Wet My Bed/Crackerman
-Vasoline
-Army Ants
-Lounge Fly
-Between The Lines
-Hickory Dichotomy
-Big Empty
-Wicked Garden
-Big Bang Baby
-Missing Cleveland
-Modzilla
-Hotel Rio
-Amethyst
-Way She Moves
-Cinnamon
-Wonderful
-Sour Girl
-Pretty Penny
-Creep
-The Man I Didn’t Know
-Lady Your Roof Brings Me Down
-Barbarella
-Coma
-Take A Load Off
-Hollywood Bitch
-Church On Tuesday
-Sucker Train Blues
-Do It For The Kids
-Dirty Little Thing
-Set Me Free
-Paralysis
-Mockingbird Girl
-Breath
-Meatplow
-Silvergun Superman
-Interstate Love Song
-Crash
-Pictures And Computers
-Dumb Love
-Days Of The Week
-Still Remains
-Sex And Violence
-Huckleberry Crumble
-Heaven & Hot Rods
-Fall To Pieces
-She Builds Quick Machines
-Get Out The Door
-The Last Fight
-Let It Roll
-Small Batch Whiskey
-Time Every Time
-Till The Dust Is Gone
-Lady Picture Show
-Plush
-Down
-Sex Type Thing
-Dead And Bloated
-Trippin’ On A Hole In A Paper Heart
-Slither

Scott Weiland Tribute are:
-Chester Bennington-Lead vocals
-Dave Coutts-Lead vocals
-Richard Patrick-Lead vocals
-Myles Kennedy-Lead vocals
-Dean DeLeo-Guitar
-Zander Schloss-Guitar
-Jeff Nolan-Guitar
-Nick Maybury-Guitar
-Doug Grean-Guitar
-Slash-Guitar
-Dave Kushner-Rhythm guitar
-Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal-Guitar
-Jon Votta-Guitar
-Robert DeLeo-Bass, backing vocals
-Duff McKagan-Bass, backing vocals
-Bob Thompson-Bass, backing vocals
-Tommy Black-Bass
-John Moyer-Bass
-Eric Kretz-Drums
-Matt Sorum-Drums
-Victor Indrizzo-Drums
-Ray Luzier-Drums
-Vince Votta-Drums

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: In A Perfect World-Scott Weiland Through The Years Tribute Concert
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 08:19:23 PM »
In a perfect world Scott would be alive, sober and at the top of his game, and STP would still be together and touring their latest album.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 08:26:19 PM »
I would fall asleep at that concert, it would be about 10 hours long. No thanks. And finishing on a VR song? Please.

Struggling to see why Dave Coutts would be performing.

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 08:53:00 PM »
In a perfect world Scott would be alive, sober and at the top of his game, and STP would still be together and touring their latest album.

Hear, hear!!!!
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

Unglued812

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Jim Morrison is my God
    • View Profile
    • www.ungluedremains.blogspot.com
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 03:29:02 PM »
Myles Kennedy on vocals?

Are you serious? ....
Seems like you left me when you broke down

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 03:36:05 PM »
Get Myles Kennedy all the way the fuck up out of here.
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

Down-Plush

• Chameleon
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sing the song, or keep it inside.
    • View Profile
    • My bandcamp
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 04:58:08 PM »
Myles Kennedy on vocals?

Are you serious? ....
Seriously, I cannot stand that guy hardly.

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2016, 07:09:20 PM »
Would this a 15 part series? ha
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

CoconutBackwards

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2016, 09:59:42 PM »
Get Myles Kennedy all the way the fuck up out of here.

*thumbs up*
Hr308: "Cuatro, i nearly did this because 5 g's is nothing to me."

Vaporized - "I can confirm that it's neither Gutt or Borja."

Alex

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2016, 01:44:10 PM »
Why there is no tribute concert?   :-\

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
  • If night was longer, could I escape the day?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2016, 06:03:46 AM »
Everyone and everything in the world seems to be purposely trying to avoid any mention of Scott. Even tonight on the Dateline episode of Prince's life and career, it got to the end where the other recently deceased  musicians who "touched their own generations" with their work, were mentioned, and couldn't help but notice Scott was not mentioned, yet they went back and fourth to the others showing multiple clips and all from them.

I mean at this point, the media is actually putting effort into avoiding Scott... it's actually sad, and embarrassing on their part. I guess someone who had challenges in their life time is beneath their perfect selves... I honestly am really bothered by this mentality to avoid the existance of such a great artist... no offense whatsoever to the musicians/artist that keep getting mentioned... but its not right on so many levels to ignore the existence of another human being that should be mentioned along with their contributions to mainstream music history.     

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2016, 06:26:18 AM »
Everyone and everything in the world seems to be purposely trying to avoid any mention of Scott. Even tonight on the Dateline episode of Prince's life and career, it got to the end where the other recently deceased  musicians who "touched their own generations" with their work, were mentioned, and couldn't help but notice Scott was not mentioned, yet they went back and fourth to the others showing multiple clips and all from them.

I mean at this point, the media is actually putting effort into avoiding Scott... it's actually sad, and embarrassing on their part. I guess someone who had challenges in their life time is beneath their perfect selves... I honestly am really bothered by this mentality to avoid the existance of such a great artist... no offense whatsoever to the musicians/artist that keep getting mentioned... but its not right on so many levels to ignore the existence of another human being that should be mentioned along with their contributions to mainstream music history.     

I don't think it's intentional, it's because Scott had made himself totally irrelevant and a complete trainwreck joke in his final few years following his firing from STP.  He had become a shell of himself who struggled to get a couple hundred fans in a club.  His behavior during this time also alienated just about all of his former bandmates and many of his peers, and even his oldest and most loyal friends.  Corey Hickok told me he hadn't seen or spoken to Scott in 2 years, and the same went for most of Scott's true friends.

If he'd died even just 5 years ago I'll bet there would have been more press/tributes and even a tribute show.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 06:28:15 AM by StoneTempleBrett »

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2016, 07:32:16 AM »

I don't think it's intentional, it's because Scott had made himself totally irrelevant and a complete trainwreck joke in his final few years following his firing from STP.  He had become a shell of himself who struggled to get a couple hundred fans in a club.  His behavior during this time also alienated just about all of his former bandmates and many of his peers, and even his oldest and most loyal friends.  Corey Hickok told me he hadn't seen or spoken to Scott in 2 years, and the same went for most of Scott's true friends.

If he'd died even just 5 years ago I'll bet there would have been more press/tributes and even a tribute show.
I don't know but certain members of the media definitely made an effort to portray him as a "trainwreck joke" I'm sure that did wonders for helping him stay positive while battling his demons.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2016, 08:57:46 AM »

I don't know but certain members of the media definitely made an effort to portray him as a "trainwreck joke" I'm sure that did wonders for helping him stay positive while battling his demons.

Bullshit.  What did 'wonders' for him was Tommy always having his drugs for him.  The people who called Scott out on his bullshit were the ones who actually cared, and those were the ones he shut out.  I reported the truth.  I fantasized about waking up one day to report that Scott was in rehab, but it never happened unfortunately.  Scott was an addict who self-destructed, it was a trainwreck, it fucking sucks, and it's a tragedy.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 09:01:37 AM by StoneTempleBrett »

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2016, 06:05:15 PM »

Bullshit.  What did 'wonders' for him was Tommy always having his drugs for him.  The people who called Scott out on his bullshit were the ones who actually cared, and those were the ones he shut out.  I reported the truth.  I fantasized about waking up one day to report that Scott was in rehab, but it never happened unfortunately.  Scott was an addict who self-destructed, it was a trainwreck, it fucking sucks, and it's a tragedy.
I just don't think it's helpful to pile on someone who is self medicating partially due to depression and emotional instability. Seems like they need positivity not more reasons to be depressed.