October 02, 2024, 03:36:16 AM

Author Topic: Cops called to Lavish when Mary shows up to take Scott's guitar  (Read 5926 times)

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Cops called to Lavish when Mary shows up to take Scott's guitar
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2016, 08:36:36 PM »
My point is just that you dont know, I dont know, and we fans may never know.

Well Scott's book gives a good tidbit.  "The divorce went on for years but Mary still took an interest in my career.  Always has.  Always will.  Ka-ching Ka-ching"

Does anyone really take issue with this? Mary was taking care of their kids when Scott clearly couldn't and, as an aging model, I imagine her income stream wasn't what it was. Regardless of who's side you take in the divorce, she was clearly just acting in the best interest of her kids at the time.
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2016, 08:58:02 PM »
She's the advocate for his kids.  Who better than the mother?  It's messy.  Let's be honest, though, everything about Scott is messy.  This will be no different.  Sounds like she was appointed as executor by Scott and the court has confirmed.   

CoconutBackwards

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2016, 10:08:53 PM »
http://www.alternativenation.net/studio-manager-denies-scott-weiland-son-guitar/

Rocco Guarino sent me his first hand take on this, said TMZ didn't get it right.
Thanks for this Brett.  That is exactly what I am talking about.  Everyone has their pitchforks out for Mary, yet there is obviously some legal precedent for her actions, as Rocco confirmed.  I know everyone likes to play armchair lawyer, but these things are incredibly complex and we have no first-hand knowledge of Scott's will.  If he left this or that to Mary, Noah, or Lucy, those are his wishes and he had his reasons.  Its not our place to judge Mary especially considering how little we know of the actual situation.

+1
Hr308: "Cuatro, i nearly did this because 5 g's is nothing to me."

Vaporized - "I can confirm that it's neither Gutt or Borja."

CoconutBackwards

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2016, 10:12:36 PM »
Listen, my point was not to "bash Mary" (although I have little love for her) but simply to explain that there is due process that must be observed in cases like these. You CAN'T simply show up and start grabbing things, even if the will says that item is supposed to go to you in the long run.

The executor of the will has to do his/her part, and debts have to settled. I have some familiarity with these things, being an executor myself. As to who the executor of the will is, it should be pretty cut and dry: either Mary is, or she isn't, the executor. This stuff is spelled out very explicitly to try and avoid situations like this. It may be that Mary was at one time the executor of his will, but he may have updated/changed things after their relationship ended. In that case, the most recent version of his will is going to take precedence. Whether that is "right" or "what should happen" is irrelevant-- that's the law, and it's that way for a reason.

"Mary comes off as a gold diggin' bitch content to ride the coattails of a celebrity and through his life, thrust herself into the limelight."
Hr308: "Cuatro, i nearly did this because 5 g's is nothing to me."

Vaporized - "I can confirm that it's neither Gutt or Borja."

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2016, 10:13:22 PM »
I will be interested how this plays out based upon my experience. Being a more high profile case, there will be pressure and checks and balances. I still can't believe the executor of my great aunt's will has basically kept her estate and the only thing we can do is notify the charities that were supposed to get money that he is sitting on it. Otherwise, he can just wait it out if we don't and keep everything and no one will ever know any better. Ka-ching for him.

Jamie must not have anything to show if Lavish is being handed over to Mary, who says she has documents. Still rubs me the wrong way that she felt the need to publicly trash the man after his death and then be so proactive about making sure she gets what is hers (and the kids theirs) when it comes to money and valuables. I understand wanting to take care of the kids. It's just a bit dissonant to me is all.

I wonder how the dynamics will play out with Scott's debtors.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 10:15:03 PM by lovemachine97 »

nat

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2016, 03:28:20 AM »
Listen, my point was not to "bash Mary" (although I have little love for her) but simply to explain that there is due process that must be observed in cases like these. You CAN'T simply show up and start grabbing things, even if the will says that item is supposed to go to you in the long run.

The executor of the will has to do his/her part, and debts have to settled. I have some familiarity with these things, being an executor myself. As to who the executor of the will is, it should be pretty cut and dry: either Mary is, or she isn't, the executor. This stuff is spelled out very explicitly to try and avoid situations like this. It may be that Mary was at one time the executor of his will, but he may have updated/changed things after their relationship ended. In that case, the most recent version of his will is going to take precedence. Whether that is "right" or "what should happen" is irrelevant-- that's the law, and it's that way for a reason.

"Mary comes off as a gold diggin' bitch content to ride the coattails of a celebrity and through his life, thrust herself into the limelight."

Yes, I understand how a will and an executor works.  It did seem like your point was EXACTLY to "bash Mary.  You literally spelled out multiple different possibilities, including some where Mary would be well within her rights.  Yet, you had no problem calling her "gold diggin' bitch" and argued that she is exploiting her children.

Do you guys have trouble with reading comprehension? Yeah, that's why I posted the second post that said my point was not to bash her. The point I was making was about the process that needs be observed.  Obviously I did bash her, she IS a gold diggin' bitch (in my opinion, based on what I've observed of her publicly). I was trying to clarify and say that was not the point I was trying to make-- I only offered the "bashing" as an aside. I could write paragraphs about what I really think of her, but that's not the point.

The point is that REGARDLESS what I think of her, and REGARDLESS of what she thinks she is owed, she must observe the due process.

Maybe you went further than you intended.  My point is just that you dont know, I dont know, and we fans may never know.  We dont have the necessary perspective to judge Scott's family life. 

Don't know what? I know exactly how a will must be processed. Obviously I don't know what's in the will, but either way, the original story that was reported that I was commenting on turned out to be almost entirely false anyway if what Brett posted up is to be believed. And I'm more inclined to believe his report anyway...

Doesn't change what I think about Mary though, and I think anyone that sticks up for her after she had the gall to post that "letter" after Scott died should think again. I don't give two shits if she's the mother of his kids-- simply being a mother doesn't automatically mean one is capable nor qualified. That's all. :)

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2016, 09:00:08 PM »
I suppose everything has been quiet or uneventful with regards to the whole estate battle?
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19