October 02, 2024, 03:33:13 AM

Author Topic: Cops called to Lavish when Mary shows up to take Scott's guitar  (Read 5924 times)

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Cops called to Lavish when Mary shows up to take Scott's guitar
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2016, 01:53:14 AM »
I think bashing Mary is off base. Truthfully, she is entitled to something. She does have custody of their two kids. Should she have waited? No doubt. But she's not to blame here.

No one is disputing that she's entitled to 'something', she seems to think she's entitled to EVERYTHING!

One guitar and whatever money Weiland left them in his will is not everything.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2016, 02:06:57 AM »
I think bashing Mary is off base. Truthfully, she is entitled to something. She does have custody of their two kids. Should she have waited? No doubt. But she's not to blame here.

No one is disputing that she's entitled to 'something', she seems to think she's entitled to EVERYTHING!

I think she's after a bit more than 'whatever money Weiland left them in his will' -
http://www.people.com/article/scott-weiland-ex-wife-mary-forsberg-legal-battle-executor-of-will

and even if she does want the guitar,  since when do you just walk into the studio and take it? Let's face it, none of this stuff is painting Mary in a good light.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 02:10:45 AM by CagedTiger »
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2016, 02:21:49 AM »
what was Scott's financial state when he passed? does he owe money? maybe she was trying to get physical stuff before it got sold off to pay off bills?

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2016, 02:27:44 AM »

I think she's after a bit more than 'whatever money Weiland left them in his will' -
http://www.people.com/article/scott-weiland-ex-wife-mary-forsberg-legal-battle-executor-of-will

and even if she does want the guitar,  since when do you just walk into the studio and take it? Let's face it, none of this stuff is painting Mary in a good light.

The article you post literally is abou her filing to execute Scott's will. If the version of the will she has is valid, then literally she's just trying to get what Scott chose to leave them. Nothing more.

I'm not saying she's 100 squeeky clean here, but it's grossly innappropriate to paint her as the villain, especially considering the children of Scott-fucking-Weiland could never see a cent if Jaime finds away to take everything.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 03:27:04 AM by Blue »
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Casual

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2016, 03:31:04 AM »
Interesting, she could take him there but not to the funeral.

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
  • If night was longer, could I escape the day?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2016, 06:29:12 AM »
Mary and her son might be concerned that some of Scott's personal things in that studio might not end up in the correct "hands" for whatever reasons... maybe concerned certain things like the guitar could get lost in the shuffle... or maybe it wouldn't be an item that is included in the will... just a couple thoughts I have.

Not trying to side with Mary causing a scene or something at the studio, but she might have strong reasons for trying to have Noah get the guitar... could be one of the more sentimental items Scott had a connection with, and she might have strong reasons to think that her or her children might not see it again.

DrLymphNode

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2016, 07:16:47 AM »
Rocco Guarino just said it was him that got involved and that it wasn't "him preventing a child from getting his father's belongings" on facebook

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2016, 08:25:56 AM »
This is going to get complicated. Weiland's debtors have to be paid upon his death, and the money specifically comes from the estate. I have a friend who is a family estate lawyer, so I will have to check with her on the details.

What complicates things is who the executor is, and Mary has sued saying she is the executor. I know for a fact from my lawyer friend that there is no mechanism in place to make sure the executor does his or her job. We had this happen to my great aunt who had stopped contact with the family. After 15 years or more, my mom got a phone call from a service that calls seniors each morning to make sure they are okay. My mom happened to still be the emergency contact all these years later, and the service felt as if my great aunt didn't sound right, so they called my mom. Turns out dementia was well underway, some neighbor had wormed her way onto the checking account, bags of cash were stashed around the house, and we have no idea how much the neighbor stole, nor can we prove it.

The aunt eventually died, and the executor of the trust was someone none of us knew, he no longer did that kind of work, but he still executed trusts he had set up on the past. The will said that all of her assets were to go to some feline charity.

Well it's been almost 2 years now, and the executor of the trust has not paid the charity. He has full access to her bank account (it was in the low-mid 6 figures). That money and the money from selling her house should have been paid to the charities. It still hasn't. In fact, he has been renting the house and (presumably) keeping the money. We do know that the executor lost his job and his wife lost her job around the time this all happened, so my mom being very religious believes that they need the money more than the cats (we were all shut out of the will), so she is not interested in turning them in.

I asked my lawyer friend about this, and she said there is no mechanism, no checks or balances. The executor is simply trusted to do what the will says.

Obviously this is a higher profile case, but if Mary has the will and she is the executor, maybe she is legitimately concerned that things could be sold or stolen out from under Scott's wishes in the meantime. Maybe she just wanted a guitar. Maybe she is the executor and can do what she wants. If that is the case, no one may ever know what is actually supposed to go where.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2016, 10:55:08 AM »
http://www.alternativenation.net/studio-manager-denies-scott-weiland-son-guitar/

Rocco Guarino sent me his first hand take on this, said TMZ didn't get it right.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2016, 02:21:00 PM »
http://www.alternativenation.net/studio-manager-denies-scott-weiland-son-guitar/

Rocco Guarino sent me his first hand take on this, said TMZ didn't get it right.

So this is a little different. Sounds like Mary was under the impression Scott's shit was being taken and she was the one who brought the cops. If TMZ's story is correct, however, Mary needs to wait for all the legal shit to shake out before she starts taking possession of Scott's things, whether or not they're eventually supposed to go to their kids.
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2016, 04:19:01 PM »

Thanks for this Brett.  That is exactly what I am talking about.  Everyone has their pitchforks out for Mary, yet there is obviously some legal precedent for her actions, as Rocco confirmed.  I know everyone likes to play armchair lawyer, but these things are incredibly complex and we have no first-hand knowledge of Scott's will.  If he left this or that to Mary, Noah, or Lucy, those are his wishes and he had his reasons.  Its not our place to judge Mary especially considering how little we know of the actual situation. 
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 07:36:19 PM by Aaron »

nat

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2016, 06:46:46 PM »
Listen, my point was not to "bash Mary" (although I have little love for her) but simply to explain that there is due process that must be observed in cases like these. You CAN'T simply show up and start grabbing things, even if the will says that item is supposed to go to you in the long run.

The executor of the will has to do his/her part, and debts have to settled. I have some familiarity with these things, being an executor myself. As to who the executor of the will is, it should be pretty cut and dry: either Mary is, or she isn't, the executor. This stuff is spelled out very explicitly to try and avoid situations like this. It may be that Mary was at one time the executor of his will, but he may have updated/changed things after their relationship ended. In that case, the most recent version of his will is going to take precedence. Whether that is "right" or "what should happen" is irrelevant-- that's the law, and it's that way for a reason.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2016, 07:13:32 PM »
This forum makes me sad to visit these days.... It's like scratching a scab off every day for 2 months instead of letting it heal.
Bleeda blooda

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2016, 07:46:04 PM »
Listen, my point was not to "bash Mary" (although I have little love for her) but simply to explain that there is due process that must be observed in cases like these. You CAN'T simply show up and start grabbing things, even if the will says that item is supposed to go to you in the long run.

The executor of the will has to do his/her part, and debts have to settled. I have some familiarity with these things, being an executor myself. As to who the executor of the will is, it should be pretty cut and dry: either Mary is, or she isn't, the executor. This stuff is spelled out very explicitly to try and avoid situations like this. It may be that Mary was at one time the executor of his will, but he may have updated/changed things after their relationship ended. In that case, the most recent version of his will is going to take precedence. Whether that is "right" or "what should happen" is irrelevant-- that's the law, and it's that way for a reason.
Yes, I understand how a will and an executor works.  It did seem like your point was EXACTLY to "bash Mary.  You literally spelled out multiple different possibilities, including some where Mary would be well within her rights.  Yet, you had no problem calling her "gold diggin' bitch" and argued that she is exploiting her children.  Maybe you went further than you intended.  My point is just that you dont know, I dont know, and we fans may never know.  We dont have the necessary perspective to judge Scott's family life.  We're almost two months after Scott's death now.  Its entirely possible that for whatever reason Mary was within her rights and simply wanted what is hers (or Noah's).  Nothing is clear here... we just dont have the info.  Us all worrying about Scott's will isnt going to bring him back.  Lets just stick to the music :)  We are so very fortunate to have all that we have!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 07:48:01 PM by Aaron »

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2016, 08:21:17 PM »

Wait so Mary gets Lavish? ???  That's sad.

My point is just that you dont know, I dont know, and we fans may never know.

Well Scott's book gives a good tidbit.  "The divorce went on for years but Mary still took an interest in my career.  Always has.  Always will.  Ka-ching Ka-ching"
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 08:29:15 PM by Lazy Divey »