October 01, 2024, 04:26:54 PM

Author Topic: Billboard piece is out  (Read 13546 times)

mrmojorisin

• Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Billboard piece is out
« Reply #75 on: February 04, 2016, 04:35:07 AM »
Somebody help me...What you are saying is the last time they saw Scott up was at 9AM.  If I remember, the time of death was around 8:30PM right?  The questions would be 1.  Where did they call the time of death?  On the Bus?  2.  That is almost 12 hours & not even Tommy came to check to see why He was sleeping all day?  Something doesn't sound right or I just didn't read it right.

8) :-* :(
i took it as the last time anybody saw him was at 9am. i would be surprised if he took any cocaine at that time. His body was probably winding down from the street drugs at that time and he maybe took his prescribed drugs went back to his room and his body just gave up then they went and checked in on him that evening and found him. 100% pure speculation though.
Too much walkin shoes worn thin  Too trippin and my souls worn thin

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2016, 05:14:07 AM »
Somebody help me...What you are saying is the last time they saw Scott up was at 9AM.  If I remember, the time of death was around 8:30PM right?  The questions would be 1.  Where did they call the time of death?  On the Bus?  2.  That is almost 12 hours & not even Tommy came to check to see why He was sleeping all day?  Something doesn't sound right or I just didn't read it right.

8) :-* :(

Yes. The timeline we have is that the last time Scott was seen alive was at 9am when he got up to use the bathroom, he then returned to his room on the tourbus. A little later Tommy knocked his door to see if he wanted to come for breakfast but got no reply and left without checking on him. Hours passed until Scott's body was finally discovered around 8pm by the tour manager who was prompted to check on him by Jamie.

It does seem very odd that no one thought to check on him for all that time, especially knowing what condition he was in and what he was getting up to on the road with drugs and alcohol, alarm bells should have been ringing well before 8pm. The only explanation for this that I've read is what the band members/crew are saying which is that Scott spent most of his downtime in his room on the tour bus anyway and that he quite often slept in late, it also appears that it was an 'unwritten rule' not to wake him on a day off...
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

FuzzyDunlop

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2016, 09:56:10 PM »

Writer of this article put out some much happier random facts about Scott:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/features/6866081/scott-weiland-things-you-probably-didnt-know

Unglued812

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Jim Morrison is my God
    • View Profile
    • www.ungluedremains.blogspot.com
« Reply #78 on: February 04, 2016, 11:46:30 PM »
""Racco recalls Weiland dressing up in a patent leather corset, lace gloves, fishnet stockings, a garter belt, and high-heeled pumps. “He was a sight to behold,” says Racco. “He had a sense of humor and a vision.” Weiland’s ex-wife Mary Forsberg was there and Racco remembers her nearly breaking down into tears and storming off the set because of Scott’s outfit. “It was a very awkward moment for the crew, and Scott looked at me to break the tension and said, ‘Sorry, fellas… she’s never been to prison!’”"

lol
Seems like you left me when you broke down

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 04, 2016, 11:56:20 PM »

Writer of this article put out some much happier random facts about Scott:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/features/6866081/scott-weiland-things-you-probably-didnt-know

Nice article, thanks for posting.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 04, 2016, 11:58:15 PM »
""Racco recalls Weiland dressing up in a patent leather corset, lace gloves, fishnet stockings, a garter belt, and high-heeled pumps. “He was a sight to behold,” says Racco. “He had a sense of humor and a vision.” Weiland’s ex-wife Mary Forsberg was there and Racco remembers her nearly breaking down into tears and storming off the set because of Scott’s outfit. “It was a very awkward moment for the crew, and Scott looked at me to break the tension and said, ‘Sorry, fellas… she’s never been to prison!’”"

lol

Why would she get upset and storm off about Scott dressing up for a video shoot though?! She sounds so irrational.

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 04, 2016, 11:58:31 PM »
Two things that stick out to me. If he was having nerf gun fights with Jamie's son, it sure makes my Spidey sense tingle at the suggestion that he was more of the problem in his separation from his biological kids. I mean, maybe it is as simple as Mary not wanting her kids to be around an alcoholic and cocaine user, but in her letter Mary blames it on his marriage, saying the kids were 'replaced.' Maybe Scott was embarrassed to reconnect with them, but that doesn't seem to be the story coming from his camp.

The other thing is about being a sports fan. I know much is made about his love for Notre Dame football, but he was also a big Lakers fan. I remember one night years ago listening to STP on Loveline, and Scott didn't initially join the others at show time because the Lakers game wasn't over. When I saw them in June 19, 2000, in San Diego, one of the breaks (I can't remember if it was heading into or out of the acoustic set) went long to the point where people were wondering what was up. Scott and the band finally came back on stage. Scott held up a sign with the final score, "Lakers 116, Pacers 111," to big cheers.

To know how much of an STP fan I am, you must know how much of a Lakers fan I am and how big of a deal it was to skip a close out, championship game to see STP. It was kind of cool to know Scott felt similarly, except on the performance side. One reason I remember this so clearly is that my buddy and I drove home from San Diego that night, a 2:20 drive. On the way home we listened to talk radio describe the riots going on in LA around Staples Center.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 12:02:35 AM by lovemachine97 »

I-want-a-time-machine

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 05, 2016, 12:51:45 AM »

lol

Why would she get upset and storm off about Scott dressing up for a video shoot though?! She sounds so irrational.
I love the outfit, very sexay!  :)
yeah, why would that make her cry other than with laughter...
half the art school girl she used to be...

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
  • If night was longer, could I escape the day?
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 05, 2016, 04:22:34 AM »
That is a pretty good read. Loved the comment from Weiland to break the tension on set haha.

CoconutBackwards

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 05, 2016, 04:25:08 AM »

lol

There's no context for this story or anything.  Who knows what the hell was going on at this time other than him dressed up in heels. 
Hr308: "Cuatro, i nearly did this because 5 g's is nothing to me."

Vaporized - "I can confirm that it's neither Gutt or Borja."

Sad Daisy Girl

• Danielle
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #85 on: February 05, 2016, 04:37:05 AM »
Approximate times for rigor mortis in temperate regions

Body temperature: warm.
Body stiffness: not stiff
Time since death: not dead more than 3 hours

Body temperature: warm
Body stiffness: stiff
Time since death: dead 3 to 8 hours

Body temperate: cold   
Time since death: dead 8 to 36 hours

Body temperate: cold   
Time since death: dead more than 36 hours

At the time of death, a condition called "primary flaccidity" occurs. Following this, the muscles stiffen in rigor mortis. All muscles in the body are affected. Starting between two to six hours following death, rigor mortis begins with the eyelids, neck, and jaw. The sequence may be due to different lactic acid levels among different muscles, which is directly related to the difference in glycogen levels and different types of muscle fibers. Rigor mortis then spreads to the other muscles within the next four to six hours, including the internal organs.
Stone Temple Pilots: 5.20.08, 8.22.10, 7.19.11, 8.10.11, 9.7.11

Sad Daisy Girl

• Danielle
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #86 on: February 05, 2016, 04:38:22 AM »
Sorry if that seems morbid. At the time of CPR he was hard as a rock. Stiff.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #87 on: February 05, 2016, 06:47:17 AM »
Sorry if that seems morbid. At the time of CPR he was hard as a rock. Stiff.

I actually wondered about that, myself. I always thought it took a lot longer for rigor to set in.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Sad Daisy Girl

• Danielle
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #88 on: February 05, 2016, 09:00:37 AM »
I have a feeling he was gone for about 6 to 8 hours.

He was truly a lone being.

IMJ

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Wave1Collectibles
« Reply #89 on: November 01, 2019, 03:32:54 AM »
There is a pretty cool YouTube channel called "Rock 'n Roll True Stories" that just released a video titled "Scott Weiland The Tragic Death of the Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver Frontman". Video here.
I put this into this existing thread because much of the content covered in the video has probably been harvested from the Billboard piece, there's mention of Weilands family and emotional state, some info about the Wildabouts last "Chicago" show (which was actually St. Charles, IL), the hepatitis issue, and some other material that you guys might want to watch.
Previously the channel owner has done some pretty respectable material on Alice In Chains and the video about Weiland is respectfully done.
STP Shows: 12/12/1996 | 10/12/2001 | 05/17/2008 | 05/22/2008 | 03/20/2010 | 08/20/2010
CheSTP Shows: 04/23/2015
JeffTP Shows: 09/26/2019
Velvet Revolver Shows: 05/19/2004 | 11/21/2004 | 04/29/2005 | 08/13/2005 | 05/10/2007 (w. Slash signed Setlist) | 08/28/2007
Scott Weiland Shows: 05/10/2014 | 11/20/2015