September 27, 2024, 03:16:57 PM

Author Topic: In Memoriam: A Tribute to Scott Weiland -Charity Benefit for CAMH @Adelaide Hall  (Read 3075 times)

Silvergun Supermen

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
    • Silvergun Supermen
I just want to let all fellow STP fans know that our Toronto Stone Temple Pilots tribute band Silvergun Supermen will be playing/hosting a charity benefit concert at Adelaide Hall on Thursday Feb 18th. We will pay tribute to Scott Weiland on the same stage that we saw him give his final performance. I invite you to come celebrate the life and legacy of Scott Weiland as the members of Silvergun Supermen perform a career spanning tribute to the legend himself. The night will be filled with songs from his diverse catalog including works from: Stone Temple Pilots, Velvet Revolver, Scott Weilland & the Wildabouts, and more, as well as a few special guest performances. Our friends -The Road Heavy- were Scott Weiland & the Wildabouts' opening act that fateful night and they have graciously agreed to retake the stage once again on Feb 18th to open the show. All proceeds from this event will be donated to CAMH: Centre for Addiction and Mental Health. Tickets available online: http://adelaidehallto.com/events/in-memoriam-a-tribute-to-scott-weiland-by-silvergun-supermen-at-adelaide-hall/

CritterTypeThing

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Very cool of you to do this.  Wish I was closer.
Hold me closer.....closer.....let me go!

My STP Concertology:  6/22/01, 10/26/01, 4/21/02, 4/23/02, 5/18/08, 5/26/08, 5/31/08, 8/6/08, 8/8/08, 8/10/08, 7/17/09, 5/18/10, 9/3/10, 9/4/10, 7/25/11, 7/26/11, 9/10/11, 9/1/12, 5/6/18

kilter

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Cool!!

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Sounds awesome. Shame I'm not in the area. Wish you guys the best.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Silvergun Supermen

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
    • Silvergun Supermen
Thanks Everyone!! 8)

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Eerie that this is being done where Scott played his last show but cool, will try in make it out
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

Silvergun Supermen

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
    • Silvergun Supermen
I know man, our band was fortunate enough to hang with him outside his tour bus before and after the show. I gave him one final handshake before leaving and then when I heard he died on that same bus 2-days later i was shocked! I can't imagine what it'll feel like performing some of the same songs on that same stage, it will a once in a lifetime experience that's for sure!

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Howd the show go?
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"