October 02, 2024, 07:37:27 AM

Author Topic: Nick Maybury opens up about Scott  (Read 9458 times)

psyche

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: Nick Maybury opens up about Scott
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2016, 05:49:58 AM »
speechless

KingofHarts

• Flight Attendant
  • face across the floor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2016, 05:59:32 AM »
Thanks for sharing, interesting to listen.
Good stuff. I'll def be following Nicks career.
Agree. This guy is really talented.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2016, 10:04:29 AM »

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2016, 10:18:30 AM »
Thank you for the transcription Brett...I'll be checking out the full thing tomorrow.  Or actually today after I wake up (it's almost 3:30am right now)...whichever way one looks at it lol

edit

Just read it...wow. The thing about Scott saying he was going to die on the bus just really fucking got me. Fucking hell man.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 10:25:01 AM by Fear 2 Stop »

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2016, 12:18:46 PM »
“In the end, I just ended up accepting him for who he was, that’s who he is. You’ve just got to love him for who he is. I’ll do me, he’ll do him, and we’ll play music together.”

So sad that no one could get through to Scott, he'd become his own worst enemy :(
I'm glad Nick shared his side of things with us, I always got positive vibes from him, I added him on Facebook when he joined the band and he'd always communicate with the fans on there, just a really down to earth humble guy.

Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2016, 09:22:07 PM »
Glad Nick opened up about his time with Scott, some sad but good insight. Wish him the best
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

Xylonjay

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2016, 11:51:05 PM »
Nick is a good guy. Really liked hearing from him. Thanks for the transcription, Brett.

Casual

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2016, 05:37:48 AM »
Best wishes and much success to Nick. One of my biggest regrets was not seeing that lineup the last time they played Los Angeles. Was so impressed with all the YouTube videos I saw of him playing with Scott.  Will definitely look for him in the future.

Also, thanks for transcribing, Brett.

sadiej

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2016, 05:40:49 PM »
Nick sounds like a super guy ! Really speaks to Scott's level of denial about his own addictions how he told Nick that his drunken performances wouldn't affect his career , yet he couldn't manage to sell enough tickets to a small cub in Minnesta , unbelievably sad all around.

nat

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2016, 06:36:17 PM »

sadiej, that's an interesting way to take that comment.

I took that "20 years....it doesn't matter..." comment completely differently: like, he's had a career in music for 20 years where he was at the top of rock 'n roll for most of that time, but what he's doing now musically isn't going to make a difference because all that people want to hear is his hits from the old days and that's all people think about when they see him. I took it almost like an excuse, or a justification: "THIS is why I drink. I was at the top of rock 'n roll for 20 years but what I'm doing now isn't going to scratch the surface of any of that, I'm in a cover band with a bunch of nobodies, and I'm depressed about it, so I drink and lock myself on the tour bus."

I didn't even think about it the other way. I wonder which way he meant it.

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2016, 06:53:57 PM »
I took it as "I've been doing this (my addiction) for 20 years, you talking to me on a tour bus isn't going to be what gets me to kick". Nick didn't articulate it very well, but it was probably difficult and awkward for him to talk about.
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

stontemplpilot

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2016, 09:46:52 PM »
Just to add to how genuine of a guy Nick is, he has been honoring Scott in his own personal way recently at shows that he has been playing.  The picture below is from last week and he has a picture of Scott on the stage next to him as a tribute.

Also, I understand that there is a project that will be announced in the next week or so that Nick is now a part of.  I know many on here who didn't get the chance to see the Wildabouts with Nick on guitar, like myself, who would like to see him perform live, so just a heads up.  I'll post the info here once it is released. 

« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 09:50:32 PM by stontemplpilot »

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2016, 10:56:58 PM »
I took it as "I've been doing this (my addiction) for 20 years, you talking to me on a tour bus isn't going to be what gets me to kick". Nick didn't articulate it very well, but it was probably difficult and awkward for him to talk about.

I also took Nick's comment as basically saying Scott's approach was "look dude, I've been struggling w/ drugs for 20 years and talking to you isn't going to change anything when countless rehabs, fame, family, kids etc... haven't gotten me to quit"

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2016, 02:44:21 AM »

I also took Nick's comment as basically saying Scott's approach was "look dude, I've been struggling w/ drugs for 20 years and talking to you isn't going to change anything when countless rehabs, fame, family, kids etc... haven't gotten me to quit"

The exact quote Nick gives was "I've had a career for 20 years, I don't think this is really gonna change it."

It's very clear that, in the context of a discussion about his drinking, Scott was saying he'd have a career regardless of whether he drank or not.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

sadiej

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2016, 07:25:43 AM »
Yes, that was my take on it too . Scott basically saying that his drunken performances weren't affecting his career . It's hard to believe he was that delusional , he had to have known otherwise , or maybe he was just that deep into it . Either way just tragic .  Nick sounds like a really decent guy, hope he goes far .