September 27, 2024, 06:23:46 PM

Author Topic: New Filter album 'Crazy Eyes' out April 8th!! Listen to First Single online now.  (Read 7286 times)

Strat

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Just found this interview with Richard Patrick. Some info about Scott in here I hadn't seen before. According to Richard, members of Filter and the Wildabouts were communicating prior to Scott's passing. Also, he recently spoke with the DeLeos, and he answers some questions about Army of Anyone.

http://www.thestreet.com/story/13498956/1/richard-patrick-of-filter-ignoring-the-rule-book.html

That's a great interview. Thanks for posting.
I really hope they do give Army of Anyone another shot, I'd much prefer that to the situation we have right now with the Deleo's looking for a singer online and insisting they call it STP.
Hmmm now I wonder which member of The Wildabouts was calling Filter and trying to get Richard to shut up?

I was thinking the same. Richard sounds here as if a second AoA album is a real possibility, and gives a lot of details I hadn't seen before. Plus he mentioned that they've spoken since Chester left, so maybe it'll happen soon.

As far as band members of both Filter and the Wildabouts having a discussion over Scott's condition? I know what you mean, it's the first thing I thought of. Though I guess Richard could be referring to someone affiliated with the band, like a road manager. Either way, it shows the type of people Scott had around him. It's clear from Richard's comments that Scott's well-being was not foremost on their minds.

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Richard sounds here as if a second AoA album is a real possibility, and gives a lot of details I hadn't seen before. Plus he mentioned that they've spoken since Chester left, so maybe it'll happen soon.

The only thing I feel meh about another AoA is the obvious omission of Kretz. I know Luzier is a killer drummer, but I really hope the three of them (Deleos & Kretz) can stick together. Their chemistry is amazing.

Back around the first AoA album, you knew that an eventual reconciliation with Scott would lead to another STP record. It's a little different these days.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

Strat

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Richard sounds here as if a second AoA album is a real possibility, and gives a lot of details I hadn't seen before. Plus he mentioned that they've spoken since Chester left, so maybe it'll happen soon.

The only thing I feel meh about another AoA is the obvious omission of Kretz. I know Luzier is a killer drummer, but I really hope the three of them (Deleos & Kretz) can stick together. Their chemistry is amazing.

Back around the first AoA album, you knew that an eventual reconciliation with Scott would lead to another STP record. It's a little different these days.

Yeah, I don't get it. Luzier is really good, but I'd rather hear Kretz.  Does anyone know why Kretz was not on the first AoA album?

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile

Yeah, I don't get it. Luzier is really good, but I'd rather hear Kretz.  Does anyone know why Kretz was not on the first AoA album?

Wasn't he busy setting up his studio around that time? It was called Bombshelter. I seem to remember reading at the time that all his focus was on that.
If AOA reunited now it would kinda make sense to stick with Eric as drummer though, Ray is awesome but he's busy with Korn right now I think whereas the Deleo's and Kretz are ready to start working again. I think Rich will want to leave it at least 6 months or so though as he's promoting and touring this new Filter record now.
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

Davidssimpson2012

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Cool track.  A little more "techno"  (for lack of a better term) than I'm into.

Good thing is this song could be torn down, played acoustic, or just strait rock guitars drums, etc... you can hear it.

RP sounds good. I hope his voice holds up.   

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
I've been listening to this album over the last couple of days... I've gotta hand it to Richard Patrick for really letting loose and experimenting with this album, whilst not necessarily his best it's certainly the most interesting one he's made for a while. A lot of the songs have a cinematic feel to them and really make great use of effects. The songs I like on here I REALLY like (which is about half of them), there's a couple I can't get into at all (Mother E, City of Blinding Riots) and a few I'm just indifferent about.

My favorites are:

'Nothing In My Hands'
'Pride Flag'
'Take Me To Heaven'
'Welcome To The Suck (Destiny Not Luck)'
'Tremors'
'Your Bullets'