September 27, 2024, 04:29:00 PM

Author Topic: New Filter album 'Crazy Eyes' out April 8th!! Listen to First Single online now.  (Read 7279 times)

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
I think I need to hear a third song to balance things out. I like one out of the two songs I've heard so far so I'm not sure which direction the album is going to take.
Does anyone know where I can hear any of the other songs or samples of them?
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
I don't get the hate. At all.

I don't get it either. Only reason I see to dislike so much it is if you don't like industrial rock, and if that's the case why would you listen to a Filter album?

I'm not saying its brilliant. It's just not bad for it's genre.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
I think I need to hear a third song to balance things out. I like one out of the two songs I've heard so far so I'm not sure which direction the album is going to take.
Under the tongue was released like three weeks ago

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
I don't get the hate. At all.

I don't get it either. Only reason I see to dislike so much it is if you don't like industrial rock, and if that's the case why would you listen to a Filter album?

I'm not saying its brilliant. It's just not bad for it's genre.

EXACTLY, thank you and well said

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Under the tongue was released like three weeks ago

Really? Haven't seen it online anywhere. Will have a look for it! Thanks.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
No luck finding the song, I think it's a Pledger exclusive but I did come across this positive review of the album -

http://rockandrollfables.com/filter-expand-the-fold-on-epic-crazy-eyes-album-review/

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
No luck finding the song, I think it's a Pledger exclusive but I did come across this positive review of the album -

http://rockandrollfables.com/filter-expand-the-fold-on-epic-crazy-eyes-album-review/
You didn't preorder? I figured most fans did

leocal79

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
I just heard Under the Tongue not sure why they made it an instrumental the beginning sounded very reminiscent of hey man nice shot or some of their earlier work. Wish Richard would have sang on this.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile

You didn't preorder? I figured most fans did

No I didn't this time around... I pre ordered Anthems and Angels and have signed copies of both but just never got round to pre ordering this one, probably not worth it now either since it's out next month.

leocal79

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
I didn't pre order either because even though Richard says he doesn't like to do albums this way through pledge and asking for money up front. The prices are much higher than other pledge campaigns I have seen.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
I didn't pre order either because even though Richard says he doesn't like to do albums this way through pledge and asking for money up front. The prices are much higher than other pledge campaigns I have seen.

Yeah I did notice the UK price of the CD is almost twice the price of a regular CD over here. I guess you're paying for the studio updates and pledger exclusives...

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Filter have made another song from the forthcoming album available on ITunes and Youtube...

'Nothing In My Hands'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Qoa3zDza4w

This is my favorite of the three released so far, just bought it on ITunes. It's got that whole industrial vibe going on but also has one of those big infectious chorus's that I associate with Filter. Good Stuff.

Strat

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Just found this interview with Richard Patrick. Some info about Scott in here I hadn't seen before. According to Richard, members of Filter and the Wildabouts were communicating prior to Scott's passing. Also, he recently spoke with the DeLeos, and he answers some questions about Army of Anyone.

http://www.thestreet.com/story/13498956/1/richard-patrick-of-filter-ignoring-the-rule-book.html

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Just found this interview with Richard Patrick. Some info about Scott in here I hadn't seen before. According to Richard, members of Filter and the Wildabouts were communicating prior to Scott's passing. Also, he recently spoke with the DeLeos, and he answers some questions about Army of Anyone.

http://www.thestreet.com/story/13498956/1/richard-patrick-of-filter-ignoring-the-rule-book.html

That's a great interview. Thanks for posting.
I really hope they do give Army of Anyone another shot, I'd much prefer that to the situation we have right now with the Deleo's looking for a singer online and insisting they call it STP.
Hmmm now I wonder which member of The Wildabouts was calling Filter and trying to get Richard to shut up?