September 27, 2024, 04:34:04 PM

Author Topic: New Filter album 'Crazy Eyes' out April 8th!! Listen to First Single online now.  (Read 7280 times)

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Forgot there was a thread about this.

Album is really weak as far as the songwriting goes. Heavy for the sake of being heavy doesn't make it good. It's actually pretty cheesy. Some people will love it because most of the songs share the Short Bus sound but if you liked the Filter on Titled of Record, and the Amalgamut, you'll hate this shit.

I quite like 'Take Me To Heaven', I feel that is much more accessible than 'Mother E' which to me just sounds like an experiment in noise. I've got a feeling that if that is indeed the direction of the new album then it won't be for me, 'Title of Record' and 'The Amalgamut' are my favorites and while the latter had some more aggressive moments it still sounded good.
Where did you hear the full album?? I definitely want to hear it before I pre order!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 07:04:27 PM by CagedTiger »
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Advanced watermarked promo.

I think I like two songs on this album and neither are ones that have been released thus far.

If I had to give it a rating out of 5, I'd give it a 2. If this were 20 years ago and I still listened to Godsmack, Staind, Disturbed and nu-metal trash like that, I'd have been all over this but with so much fantastic music out there these days, screaming noise isn't what I want anymore.

Like I said, some will like it. Most won't.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 07:17:04 PM by Vaporized »
Take it.

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
What do you guys think of the other filter albums besides the massively popular ones? Like anthems, trouble with Angels, and TSCOT

coo2

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
The Sun Comes Out Tonight is my favorite Filter album post-Amalgamut. It's got killer hooks, HUGE/Multi-Layered guitars, and a nice blend of ballsy tracks, and sweet ballads.

What I like about Crazy Eyes, is that Richard Patrick is taking chances, and being weird again-- when artists get experimental, not everyone is going to dig into whatever that is. Whether I like the tracks or not, is another story, but I give him props for stepping outside the box, and just being 'Crazy'.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
What do you guys think of the other filter albums besides the massively popular ones? Like anthems, trouble with Angels, and TSCOT

I own every Filter album and there are songs I enjoy on all of them but 'Title of Record' and 'The Amalgamut' are my favourites due to the fact that I really like EVERY song on those two.
My next favourite after those is Anthems, while I'm not a huge fan of the political themes on some of the songs it still had those great powerful choruses and 'Kill The Day' and 'Lie After Lie' are two of my favourite songs by Filter.
I wasn't a huge fan of Angels, for me that album had the most filler and I don't listen to it much, I preferred TSCOT, I'd say I enjoy about half of that album and the songs I do like I really like.
I know there will at least be some songs I dig on the new record too but 'Mother E' isn't one of them. Hopefully there will be more stuff like 'Take Me To Heaven', industrial but still catchy at the same time.

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile

I own every Filter album and there are songs I enjoy on all of them but 'Title of Record' and 'The Amalgamut' are my favourites due to the fact that I really like EVERY song on those two.
My next favourite after those is Anthems, while I'm not a huge fan of the political themes on some of the songs it still had those great powerful choruses and 'Kill The Day' and 'Lie After Lie' are two of my favourite songs by Filter.
I wasn't a huge fan of Angels, for me that album had the most filler and I don't listen to it much, I preferred TSCOT, I'd say I enjoy about half of that album and the songs I do like I really like.
I know there will at least be some songs I dig on the new record too but 'Mother E' isn't one of them. Hopefully there will be more stuff like 'Take Me To Heaven', industrial but still catchy at the same time.
Anthems is one of my favorite records of all time. I've been listening to it nonstop since it came out. Just so many great melodies. I love all of filter's records and out of the three tracks off crazy eyes I know I'll love this one too. I fucking love Mother E and only kinda like take me to heaven so I guess it's just different tastes. Mother E just highlights what I loved about self inflicted, my favorite track off TSCOT, which is just brutality and insanity.

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Take me to heaven just made me notice something
Take another
Take a picture
The take
Take that knife out of my back
Take me to heaven

Five of the seven albums have a "take" song haha

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
I've listened to 'Mother E' a few more times and I still can't get into it... Once it kicks in it's actually alright, sounds like aggressive Filter which I have no problem with but the verses (?) where Rich sounds like he's having some sort of breakdown and repeats 'I've got my reasons and my reasons are sound' acapella just don't do it for me and break up the song too much. If it's just a crazy intro to the album then I'm cool with that, I just hope the other songs sound more like... Erm... Songs! 'Take Me To Heaven' sounds like a song and I dig it.
Judging from the tracklist on Amazon and what we've heard so far I'm guessing Rich has gone political again on some of these tracks and it's unlikely we'll hear the softer side of Filter on the new record, I'm guessing there will be no 'Surprise' or 'Take A Picture' on here which is a shame...

1. Mother E
2. Nothing in My Hands
3. Pride Flag
4. The City of Blinding Riots
5. Take Me to Heaven
6. Welcome to the Suck (Destiny Not Luck)   
7. Head of Fire   
8. Tremors   
9. Kid Blue from the Short Bus, Drunk Bunk
10. Your Bullets
11. Under the Tongue   
12. (Can't She See) Head of Fire, Part 2
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 02:38:20 PM by CagedTiger »

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
I'm not a fan of Mother E. I remember reading this album would have a "new industrial" sound. I hope Mother E is not indicative of what that "new" sound is. "Take Me To Heaven" isn't bad. Sounds somewhat like a continuation of Filter's last record, which I really enjoyed and felt had a lot of really good songs.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

JBattista

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Favorite Flavor: Watermelon
    • View Profile
Just when you thought you had heard the worst song of all time, then you hear Mother E...

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Agree that Mother E is TERRIBLE

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
I was starting to think I was the only Filter fan who didn't like 'Mother E', over on the Facebook page everyone's raving about how they love the direction of it and how it reminds them of 'Short Bus'...

I'm not sure what Rich was thinking when he wrote this song but he's got his reasons and his 'reasons are sound'... Apparently.

JBattista

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Favorite Flavor: Watermelon
    • View Profile
Yeah, it sounds NOTHING like Short Bus

I did post a comment saying how bad the song was on one of their FB posts and now I can't comment anymore....not sure if just a glitch or if I've lost my commenting privleges on their page. Interesting
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 09:21:00 PM by JBattista »

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
I don't get the hate. At all.

coo2

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
I don't get all the hate either! I like the fact that it's 'OUT THERE', and polarizing. Just my opinion!