September 22, 2024, 09:21:33 PM

Author Topic: Tommy Black cleared  (Read 2841 times)

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

mrmojorisin

• Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Tommy Black cleared
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 11:31:03 PM »
He may be innocent to the police but guilty by his conscience.
Too much walkin shoes worn thin  Too trippin and my souls worn thin

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 01:06:55 AM »
I hold no blame or ill-will towards Tommy. That being said...

He was high as a goddamned kite when I met him in Cleveland and I think we all know he was partaking in the "fun" as well. Jeremy is dead. Scott is dead. If anything good can come from this, I hope it's that Thomas D Black gets his skinny ass in rehab, then packs up and moves back to shithole, Ohio, where he's from and I never hear about him again.

Seriously.

Because if he doesn't, he's going to wind up in the ground, too. There are no bigger, redder flags for him.

Tommy - if you're reading - GET AND STAY CLEAN. NOW.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

CoconutBackwards

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 01:10:37 AM »

Guilty of what?
Hr308: "Cuatro, i nearly did this because 5 g's is nothing to me."

Vaporized - "I can confirm that it's neither Gutt or Borja."

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 01:38:42 AM »

Guilty of what?

My thoughts exactly: Guilty of what?

I think all this Tommy hate is misplaced. Maybe he was the bad influence a lot of people want to think he was. If so, does it really change anything? Tommy may have made it easier for Scott to spiral downwards, but no one forced Scott to take drugs and abandon his children.

I know there's anger that comes when someone you care about dies (and this applies to your heroes you didn’t know personally), and it may be easy to look for a villain to direct that anger towards. But maybe Tommy is not that villain. At most, he's probably just another guy who was dealing with serious problems.

For the record, Scott is not the villain either. I think Scott was a genuinely good person who struggled for a long time with addiction and other issues and ultimately did not get the help he needed for his various illnesses, mental and physical.

The way I see it, there is no villain here. Addiction is a fucked-up, complicated issue, not to mention the other things Scott was going through. And our society has a really twisted concept of addiction where we romanticize rock stars who fuck up their lives with drugs and criminalize everyone else who takes drugs.

If you wanna get mad at someone, get mad at people who still think it's okay to make ignorant jokes and comments about people like Scott because of their struggles with drugs. It's not funny. Ask Noah and Lucy how fucking funny it is.

Jukebox Casualty

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 01:50:00 AM »
I hold no blame or ill-will towards Tommy. That being said...

He was high as a goddamned kite when I met him in Cleveland and I think we all know he was partaking in the "fun" as well. Jeremy is dead. Scott is dead. If anything good can come from this, I hope it's that Thomas D Black gets his skinny ass in rehab, then packs up and moves back to shithole, Ohio, where he's from and I never hear about him again.

Seriously.

Because if he doesn't, he's going to wind up in the ground, too. There are no bigger, redder flags for him.

Tommy - if you're reading - GET AND STAY CLEAN. NOW.

Well said.

mrmojorisin

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2015, 03:04:28 AM »

Guilty of what?
i would be willing to bet that Tommy feels guilty for being right beside Scott partying it up the past few weeks leading up to Scotts death. im not saying Tommy had a hand in Scotts death but I would feel pretty shitty if I was in his shoes.
Too much walkin shoes worn thin  Too trippin and my souls worn thin

sadiej

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2015, 03:53:20 AM »
Scott was ultimately responsible for his demise , however if I had a friend who had battled decades long addiction , and had stated drinking would probably end up killing them, there is no way I could party alongside them day in and day out , even if it meant I was back slinging drinks at the Viper room  for a living , and not touring with a music legend . And Scotts wife belief that he only drank socially and was drug free is hard to fathom ! Was she naive  or in denial , and as someone said " only saw the best in him " . So Tommy may not be facing charges, but with friends and family like this, Scott didn't need enemies .

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2015, 06:37:08 AM »
Scott was ultimately responsible for his demise , however if I had a friend who had battled decades long addiction , and had stated drinking would probably end up killing them, there is no way I could party alongside them day in and day out , even if it meant I was back slinging drinks at the Viper room  for a living , and not touring with a music legend . And Scotts wife belief that he only drank socially and was drug free is hard to fathom ! Was she naive  or in denial , and as someone said " only saw the best in him " . So Tommy may not be facing charges, but with friends and family like this, Scott didn't need enemies .

I tend to agree with this. Tommy Black is not directly to blame for Scott's death and ultimately Scott would've done what he wanted to do regardless but I'd certainly feel some guilt for partying and binge drinking WITH someone who had stated themselves that 'drinking was like putting a lead blanket over their heart' and doing coke and MDA with them in their final days too.

I mean this is one of the last pictures of them together... I'm sure Tommy must be feeling pretty bad for doing all that shit with Scott in the months leading up to his death, I know I would. This is a struggling addict who didn't need encouragement but it was there from his supposed 'best friend'.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 06:39:48 AM by CagedTiger »
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2015, 06:49:48 AM »

I tend to agree with this. Tommy Black is not directly to blame for Scott's death and ultimately Scott would've done what he wanted to do regardless but I'd certainly feel some guilt for partying and binge drinking WITH someone who had stated themselves that 'drinking was like putting a lead blanket over their heart' and doing coke and MDA with them in their final days too.

I mean this is one of the last pictures of them together... I'm sure Tommy must be feeling pretty bad for doing all that shit with Scott in the months leading up to his death, I know I would. This is a struggling addict who didn't need encouragement but it was there from his supposed 'best friend'.

I felt strange when posting this to Scott's Instagram.  My policy was I posted all photos of Tommy and Scott from Tommy's Instagram (he always posted his photos on Twitter), and when I saw this one I wasn't sure about posting it, but then I thought, fuck it, it's a public photo and it's the reality of what's going on, so I posted it.  I think subconsciously I was hoping somebody would reach out to him or something.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2015, 06:51:40 AM »

Guilty of what?

You would have to be some sort of psychopath/sociopath to not feel some sort of guilt/regret in the situation that Tommy is in. They were regularly partaking in one of the very things that directly resulted in Scott's death.
Bleeda blooda