September 27, 2024, 05:22:26 PM

Author Topic: a show that is a must watch for non STP fans...  (Read 1965 times)

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
  • If night was longer, could I escape the day?
    • View Profile
a show that is a must watch for non STP fans...
« on: December 20, 2015, 05:26:12 AM »
What would it be... if you had to pick any of the STP live shows where there is video someone could go out there and look up, to prove to them... "look, these guys were untouchable in their day"!

I can't help but select the "Spankin Live Vegas 1999" show. It's just still unbelievable the vibe that always comes off the show even when watching it on video.

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: a show that is a must watch for non STP fans...
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 06:01:12 AM »
I was at this show. Part of the MGD Blind Date series. So cool to have a surprise show and the surprise ends up being your favorite band.  Saw some notable shows during this period. The Viper Room show. And the Hollywood HOB show. This one was the best because it was a surprise. Lot of electricity in the room that night. They played No Way Out which sounded super hot live. The album version never recreated that nights performance. Unforgettable.

Cool momento. In the Sex Type Thing montage from the Thank You DVD and the MTV broadcast of this show. You can very clearly see me in a cut a way shot of the crowd. Toward the end of song.  It's one of three appearances I make in the STP universe.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 06:05:54 AM by Chris Pepper »

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 04:58:16 PM »
Although I agree with the show referenced above I'm going with Rolling Rock 2001.

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
  • If night was longer, could I escape the day?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 09:58:56 PM »
Although I agree with the show referenced above I'm going with Rolling Rock 2001.

That's the thing too, there are a handful of STP shows you could pull out of a hat and it would work. Rolling Rock is one of them. When I watch that show, it's hard not to call that one the best. 

OnlyDying

• Co-Pilot
  • "Purple Flowers Ease The Pain..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2015, 10:27:33 PM »
Boston 2000, listed on here as *PRO-SHOT* Simply perfection front to back...
"Adhesive Love"

OnlyDying

• Co-Pilot
  • "Purple Flowers Ease The Pain..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2015, 10:28:04 PM »
"Adhesive Love"