September 20, 2024, 04:26:53 PM

Author Topic: New to this forum  (Read 3069 times)

gothsocialite

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
New to this forum
« on: December 14, 2015, 02:59:06 AM »
Thanks for letting me join this forum...I've been obsessively trying to learn everything about Scott/STP since I heard he died and I've read through so many old threads on here and read all of the articles in the archive on Below Empty (what a great resource, by the way! The article archive is amazing) and finally feel comfortable stepping into the mix.

Anyway, my name is Meghan and while I always liked STP in the 90s (the Tiny Music phase especially) and thought they were more interesting than most of the bands that were labeled/mis-labled grunge, I really hadn't thought about them or Scott in years before learning he passed and it's been really weird how much I've been affected by his death. Since I was a casual fan at best, I've spent the last week discovering STP and Scott's solo catalog (and a little bit of VR though I prefer STP by far), trying to watch every Scott related video on Youtube, etc.

I really hope people continue to post here, I've learned a lot already and I don't have any friends in my real life who like STP so this is the only outlet for my recent obsession, haha.

JBattista

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Favorite Flavor: Watermelon
    • View Profile
Re: New to this forum
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 03:07:46 AM »
Welcome to the forum. You will find everything you want to know plus a ton more here. There is a ton of stuff to sift through.

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 03:45:18 AM »
Welcome! Glad to see more people join the community. We're a special bunch. 😜
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

haanderson

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 04:01:57 AM »
Thanks for letting me join this forum...I've been obsessively trying to learn everything about Scott/STP since I heard he died and I've read through so many old threads on here and read all of the articles in the archive on Below Empty (what a great resource, by the way! The article archive is amazing) and finally feel comfortable stepping into the mix.

Anyway, my name is Meghan and while I always liked STP in the 90s (the Tiny Music phase especially) and thought they were more interesting than most of the bands that were labeled/mis-labled grunge, I really hadn't thought about them or Scott in years before learning he passed and it's been really weird how much I've been affected by his death. Since I was a casual fan at best, I've spent the last week discovering STP and Scott's solo catalog (and a little bit of VR though I prefer STP by far), trying to watch every Scott related video on Youtube, etc.

I really hope people continue to post here, I've learned a lot already and I don't have any friends in my real life who like STP so this is the only outlet for my recent obsession, haha.

Hi Meaghan! And everyone else here! I am also new to this forum and your story is pretty much identical to mine. Always been a fan of STP and VR, but never really gave it much thought until his death, and for some reason it has really hit me. I have just finished reading both his book as well as Mary's. Anyways, I look forward to getting to know all of you better.

Happy Holidays!

Holly

CritterTypeThing

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 05:42:46 PM »
Welcome to you both.  This is the best place to be for info as well as STP related community. 

So unfortunate the circumstances which led you here but also in those regards, I feel this has been the best place to be right now to mourn, celebrate & remember Scott.
Hold me closer.....closer.....let me go!

My STP Concertology:  6/22/01, 10/26/01, 4/21/02, 4/23/02, 5/18/08, 5/26/08, 5/31/08, 8/6/08, 8/8/08, 8/10/08, 7/17/09, 5/18/10, 9/3/10, 9/4/10, 7/25/11, 7/26/11, 9/10/11, 9/1/12, 5/6/18

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2015, 07:23:07 PM »
Welcome to the STP family folks
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

JBattista

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2015, 07:31:34 PM »

Hi Meaghan! And everyone else here! I am also new to this forum and your story is pretty much identical to mine. Always been a fan of STP and VR, but never really gave it much thought until his death, and for some reason it has really hit me. I have just finished reading both his book as well as Mary's. Anyways, I look forward to getting to know all of you better.

Happy Holidays!

Holly
Another Core lover. Fantastic. There's not many left on this board!

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2015, 08:08:49 PM »

Happy Holidays!

Holly
Another Core lover. Fantastic. There's not many left on this board!

Core ftw!
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

Scott4ever

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2015, 06:00:58 PM »
Glad to have found this fantastic forum.  Thank you to all of the contributors for loading this place with an incredible amount of STP/Scott treasures and info!
I knew the questions, but I lost the answers...
STP:  July 2, 1994 (cancelled)/September 4, 1994/November 20, 1996/May 5, 1997/July 26, 2000/December 31, 2001/October 8, 2002/August 22, 2008 (cancelled)
VR:  December 8, 2004/May 24, 2005/September 6, 2005/October 6, 2007
Scott Weiland and The Wildabouts:  March 6, 2015

Rik

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • http://www.belowempty.com
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2015, 08:08:30 PM »
Welcome to the site!

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
  • If night was longer, could I escape the day?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2015, 08:50:28 PM »
Welcome to the STP club 8)

STP stands alone from the 90s bands. Just as you were saying in your original post. Such a special group of guys getting together and went on to make these amazing pieces of music that we all listen to.

JBattista

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2015, 09:19:59 PM »
I'm glad you're enjoying it here, you won't find this much info about the band anywhere else.

Down-Plush

• Chameleon
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sing the song, or keep it inside.
    • View Profile
    • My bandcamp
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2015, 02:09:37 AM »
Hello hello. Welcome.

Scott4ever

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2015, 11:01:04 PM »
Thank you everyone for the warm reception!  I haven't hardly left this place since joining.  I'm a hard core Zeppelin fan and usually reside over there in my spare time - but the wealth of knowledge/resources here is staggering!  STP really has been my and the wife's number 1 band together.  We were married when they first released Core, we saw them (and Scott) so many times, they are like extended family to us.  They are the band who I haven't had to live vicariously through others to enjoy - like Zeppelin.  So again, thank you for the warm welcome!  I still need to list our show dates as my signature like I see many have done.  Peace and a happy and healthy 2016 to you all!
I knew the questions, but I lost the answers...
STP:  July 2, 1994 (cancelled)/September 4, 1994/November 20, 1996/May 5, 1997/July 26, 2000/December 31, 2001/October 8, 2002/August 22, 2008 (cancelled)
VR:  December 8, 2004/May 24, 2005/September 6, 2005/October 6, 2007
Scott Weiland and The Wildabouts:  March 6, 2015

CoconutBackwards

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2015, 02:44:50 PM »
Welcome to the STP club 8)

STP stands alone from the 90s bands. Just as you were saying in your original post. Such a special group of guys getting together and went on to make these amazing pieces of music that we all listen to.

I do not agree that STP stands alone from the 90s bands.

They are as much a part of my beloved 90s as AIC are.
Hr308: "Cuatro, i nearly did this because 5 g's is nothing to me."

Vaporized - "I can confirm that it's neither Gutt or Borja."