September 22, 2024, 11:24:30 PM

Author Topic: Candle for Scott (#candleforScottWeiland)  (Read 2082 times)

aprilc804

• Yellow Nectarine
  • Arrival
    • View Profile
Candle for Scott (#candleforScottWeiland)
« on: December 11, 2015, 12:27:06 AM »
Planning to light a candle for Scott tonight at 7:27pm to honor our fallen rockstar, our beloved frontman, Scott Weiland.❤
This is our way of saying goodbye to him. He played a huge part in me and my husband's life from our second date/first concert together, to dancing our first wedding dance to Wonderful, to our rings being engraved with lyrics from his songs and much, much more. We are grateful we got to see him one last time 5 days before his death at the Wellmont in NJ. However, we certianly didn't think it was goodbye. We have grieved more than I ever would've thought this last week since his passing. I know so many of you have too. Join us people from around the world who loved him. Take a picture of your candle burning for him and post it with a note of your fave song, lyrics that touched you or your goodbye message and ‪#‎candleforScottWeiland‬. Let's come together near and far to mourn the loss of the front man we adored. We love you always, Scott. ‪#‎RIPscottweiland‬ ‪#‎scottweiland‬ ‪#‎scottweilandandthewildabouts‬ ‪#‎stp‬ ‪#‎stonetemplepilots‬ ‪#‎velvetrevolver‬ @scottweiland
Pick a song and sing a yellow nectarine take a bath I'll drink the water that you leave
If you should die before me ask if you can bring a friend, pick a flower, hold your breath and drift away....

Strat

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: Candle for Scott (#candleforScottWeiland)
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 03:19:43 AM »
Planning to light a candle for Scott tonight at 7:27pm to honor our fallen rockstar, our beloved frontman, Scott Weiland.❤
This is our way of saying goodbye to him. He played a huge part in me and my husband's life from our second date/first concert together, to dancing our first wedding dance to Wonderful, to our rings being engraved with lyrics from his songs and much, much more. We are grateful we got to see him one last time 5 days before his death at the Wellmont in NJ. However, we certianly didn't think it was goodbye. We have grieved more than I ever would've thought this last week since his passing. I know so many of you have too. Join us people from around the world who loved him. Take a picture of your candle burning for him and post it with a note of your fave song, lyrics that touched you or your goodbye message and ‪#‎candleforScottWeiland‬. Let's come together near and far to mourn the loss of the front man we adored. We love you always, Scott. ‪#‎RIPscottweiland‬ ‪#‎scottweiland‬ ‪#‎scottweilandandthewildabouts‬ ‪#‎stp‬ ‪#‎stonetemplepilots‬ ‪#‎velvetrevolver‬ @scottweiland

Hello April and welcome! Such a beautiful sentiment

I saw STP at Revel in Atlantic city in 2012. The band invited a couple onto the stage, and the woman had they lyrics to Still Remains tattooed on her body. Scott spoke for a moment about love, he ended with the words, "this is love!" and the band crashed into Still Remains. It sounded so great! Just thinking about it makes me smile. It was one of those special moments that could only happen at an STP show.

Anyway, your post reminded me of that night. Welcome!

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Candle for Scott (#candleforScottWeiland)
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 06:06:08 AM »
Thank you for sharing such a heartfelt post with us. I'm sorry we have to meet on such fucked up terms. May we all heal together. Oddly enough Scott really was the wonder in wonderful.  I also have grieved more in the last week than I ever thought humanly possible. My heart goes out to all of you.