September 28, 2024, 08:19:38 PM

Author Topic: A letter from Mary.  (Read 33171 times)

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
  • If night was longer, could I escape the day?
    • View Profile
Re: A letter from Mary.
« Reply #240 on: February 12, 2016, 06:11:39 AM »
Whats a bummer is that Scott's legacy is going to be tagged or book ended with things like this letter, and some of those one liners Dean is dumping during these radio interviews in the recent days.

We don't need a run down of the negative things attached to Scott's name over the years, but it's kinda sad that after he's gone, these are things people are choosing to stamp his name with... it just seems wrong. As a fan it disgusts me that we are all watching these things play out little by little each time another article comes out, or another interview is conducted.

I guess I just feel its wrong in so many ways to talk bad of someone who's not hear to speak anything for themselves.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 12, 2016, 10:17:57 PM »
Dean is a disrespectful douchebag. I'm a fan of the music he made with STP but as a person he comes across like a bitter old woman and a bit of a dick to be perfectly honest. Robert and Eric seem cool though, wish they'd do the talking instead.
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 13, 2016, 07:51:41 AM »
Mary, Mary, execute my will, uh huh ho, and my recording studio
Mary, Mary, execute my will uh huh ho, and my recording studio
Mary, Mary, execute my will uh ho ho
Bleeda blooda

Rol2292

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 13, 2016, 01:30:52 PM »
It amazes me that anyone would give Scott the slightest benefit of doubt here. The guy was an addict. They lie. They tend to leave families and friends scorned when they pass.
So Dean is catching shit because he should be more diplomatic? Maybe the Deleos are purposely playing good cop/bad cop - They've had issues with Scott going back almost 20 years. And who knows what kind of stuff they know that hasn't been made public.  If you pour your all into something and you one person doesn't cooperate, I'm "sure" everyone here would take the holier than thou, don't speak ill of my idol, fanboy route..... The same core of people that were blindly making excuses for his Texas show, who claimed he sounded great on his last tour.... The man was a shell of himself. Sadly, a lot of members here made excuses for him. You wouldn't face the reality of the matter.  Call it denial or enabling or whatever...
Werd to Big Berd!

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
  • If night was longer, could I escape the day?
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 13, 2016, 02:32:49 PM »
It amazes me that anyone would give Scott the slightest benefit of doubt here. The guy was an addict. They lie. They tend to leave families and friends scorned when they pass.
So Dean is catching shit because he should be more diplomatic? Maybe the Deleos are purposely playing good cop/bad cop - They've had issues with Scott going back almost 20 years. And who knows what kind of stuff they know that hasn't been made public.  If you pour your all into something and you one person doesn't cooperate, I'm "sure" everyone here would take the holier than thou, don't speak ill of my idol, fanboy route..... The same core of people that were blindly making excuses for his Texas show, who claimed he sounded great on his last tour.... The man was a shell of himself. Sadly, a lot of members here made excuses for him. You wouldn't face the reality of the matter.  Call it denial or enabling or whatever...

Everyone is aware that Scott had issues and struggled to maintain many relationships. how many more people need to keep saying it? I doubt there's many out there who don't know that or haven't heard it by now... It's been said for 20 years or more.

No one is making excuses for Scott. People here are simply saying that it's shit to talk bad is someone who has already passed.

As far as focusing on what deans saying... If I were rob or Eric I would have an issue with how many zingers he's dumped just because in the stp world dissing the name Scott Weiland is going to turn fans away. Dean is alienating the fans who still give two shits about stp to begin with. This is isn't 1994 where the entire world is obsessed with stone temple pilots. dean should be diplomatic just to try and maintain some fans from a business prespective.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 02:34:29 PM by seattlesound »

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 14, 2016, 04:03:49 AM »

I think a lot of us just have a problem with Dean and Mary disrespecting a dead man who is no longer here to defend himself. No one is claiming he was an angel but we don't need to read Mary pissing on his memory 2 days after he's dead in Rolling Stone of all places and Dean doing the same in every fucking interview he does.
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 11, 2016, 08:49:01 PM »
Reading this letter today doesn't seem as harsh as when I first read it.  It's appropriate, the timing was off, though.  It's too bad he couldn't reconcile with his kids before his demise.   

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 11, 2016, 09:19:12 PM »
Reading this letter today doesn't seem as harsh as when I first read it.  It's appropriate, the timing was off, though.  It's too bad he couldn't reconcile with his kids before his demise.   

I agree with everything you said. The timing, especially, was poor. We were all reeling from the loss to perhaps judge the words in a vacuum. Still crazy that he's gone though. After living through and surviving some of those bad years, I really thought he would grow old.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 14, 2016, 11:51:32 PM »

I agree with everything you said. The timing, especially, was poor. We were all reeling from the loss to perhaps judge the words in a vacuum. Still crazy that he's gone though. After living through and surviving some of those bad years, I really thought he would grow old.

Recently moved and uncovered alot of STP/VR stuff, memorabilia.  Fun going through some of it.  Found my No Way Out video.  For those that recall the fans brought video cameras and filmed the band and they used fan videos to compile the song video and then they did a mini concert after.  I made a split second appearance in the video.

Several autographs from Scott.  A couple personalized.  A lot of videos on VHS that are now on youtube, rockumentary, HOB show, Vegas show.  Cool stuff.  RIP Scotty.     

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 15, 2016, 02:12:33 AM »

I think a lot of the perceived 'slights' against Scott are going to seem less harsh with time.
Grab the hate and drown it out...