September 28, 2024, 08:29:44 PM

Author Topic: A letter from Mary.  (Read 33180 times)

nat

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: A letter from Mary.
« Reply #225 on: January 09, 2016, 10:55:33 PM »
I wish he would've.

Me too...
Does anyone know what Mary does for a living these days by the way?? I'm genuinely interested, all I can find online is 'former model'.

I don't have any evidence either way, but I've been under the impression she doesn't really do ANYTHING and kind of lives off the SW money. If he was paying her 60k a MONTH, that's certainly plenty for her plus two kids to live on.

mrmojorisin

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 09, 2016, 11:01:18 PM »
Scott Weiland (From his autobiography) -

"Mary wanted out of the marriage — the agony of our divorce went on for years — but Mary still took an interest in my career. Always has. Always will. Ka-ching. Ka-ching"

He was saying in his own words that she's a 'gold digger' (as many other people are now pointing out on various websites/social media). I'm really shocked he didn't update the will when he married Jamie.

Hopefully, his kids are taken care of. That's paramount.
Maybe there's a trust set up in their name.
i read somewhere that there is a trust fund for the kids but haven't heard how much
Too much walkin shoes worn thin  Too trippin and my souls worn thin

Txloungefly

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 10, 2016, 01:28:02 AM »
Me too...
Does anyone know what Mary does for a living these days by the way?? I'm genuinely interested, all I can find online is 'former model'.
[/quote]

It's been a while since I read her book but didn't she say she was either working on becoming or was already a drug counselor?

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 05, 2016, 06:32:58 PM »
Wasn't the hearing on Mary's filing-for-executor supposed to be this week?
I thought I read first week of February. Anyone?
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

sadiej

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 05, 2016, 06:40:31 PM »
Wasn't the hearing on Mary's filing-for-executor supposed to be this week?
I thought I read first week of February. Anyone?

Believe it is today , Feb 5 th .

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 05, 2016, 07:52:50 PM »
Me too...

I hear she owns a recording studio.

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 05, 2016, 08:35:10 PM »
Me too...

I hear she owns a recording studio.

LOL
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 05, 2016, 09:26:26 PM »
It's funny, my views have changed on this. Calling it "STP" with Chester as the singer seemed absurd. Now that Scott is dead, though, I want the legacy to live on. I don't want STP to stop touring when Eric, Dean and Rob are all still so amazing at what they do. It's just different now that Scott is not with us. This feels more respectful to the work he created, now. I know that seems silly to say, but I want the songs to live on and this is a way to pay homage to the beautiful things he created. So I hope they get a new singer and name it STP. I also hope it's someone better than Chester. Chester is a great singer, not a great singer for THIS band. I don't necessarily want a Scott clone, either, but I want someone that has better chemistry w/ the band. Preferably a young artist with his own vision and style. We'll see.

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
  • If night was longer, could I escape the day?
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 05, 2016, 11:22:15 PM »
It's funny, my views have changed on this. Calling it "STP" with Chester as the singer seemed absurd. Now that Scott is dead, though, I want the legacy to live on. I don't want STP to stop touring when Eric, Dean and Rob are all still so amazing at what they do. It's just different now that Scott is not with us. This feels more respectful to the work he created, now. I know that seems silly to say, but I want the songs to live on and this is a way to pay homage to the beautiful things he created. So I hope they get a new singer and name it STP. I also hope it's someone better than Chester. Chester is a great singer, not a great singer for THIS band. I don't necessarily want a Scott clone, either, but I want someone that has better chemistry w/ the band. Preferably a young artist with his own vision and style. We'll see.

That's kinda where I'm at with it. I want STP to be an active group in music. I hope they can come across a voice that fits the band, and someone who can also bring some creative energy to the group. I just want to be able to talk about this band on a regular basis, and have others out there want to talk about "STP" too, and from my (fan) perspective having the group try to carry on is a way to do that.

KingSnake

• Cardinal
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.whitestripes.net
« Reply #234 on: February 06, 2016, 11:59:51 PM »

100% agree with this.  This is where I am at as well. Long live STP!
My web community: WhiteStripes.net (13 years old as of Feb 2015)

artist151

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
  • Looking for inspiration
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 10, 2016, 11:04:24 PM »
I was mortified reading this two days after his passing.  The words respect are totally lacking w this public addressed outburst to say the least.  Then, to make mayters worse she uses her kids as the scape goat for the whole thing.  Being 13 and 11 your parents are already embarrassing let alone doing it through Rolling Stone magazine for all their friends and friends families to dig into.  Its like she was waiting for this moment to get the last word in after he died - cause she would have been sued for slander had she done it while he was still around.  I find it beyond tacky to be this spiteful within your kids hearing range about their father.  They are half him too!  There is more to it than any of us will ever know- granted but this to me was immature and in bad taste all around.  Then to go to Lavish to try to get some guitars for their son- with him in tow- only to have cops called and be shown the door.  Way to go mom!  2/2 - get it legally if the will so decides in his favor for a guitar.  Quit dragging your kids through the mud continuously and being brain washed youre doing the right thing.  Youre not.

nat

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 11, 2016, 02:18:11 AM »
I was mortified reading this two days after his passing.  The words respect are totally lacking w this public addressed outburst to say the least.  Then, to make mayters worse she uses her kids as the scape goat for the whole thing.  Being 13 and 11 your parents are already embarrassing let alone doing it through Rolling Stone magazine for all their friends and friends families to dig into.  Its like she was waiting for this moment to get the last word in after he died - cause she would have been sued for slander had she done it while he was still around.  I find it beyond tacky to be this spiteful within your kids hearing range about their father.  They are half him too!  There is more to it than any of us will ever know- granted but this to me was immature and in bad taste all around.  Then to go to Lavish to try to get some guitars for their son- with him in tow- only to have cops called and be shown the door.  Way to go mom!  2/2 - get it legally if the will so decides in his favor for a guitar.  Quit dragging your kids through the mud continuously and being brain washed youre doing the right thing.  Youre not.

This.

What she aired out about Scott being little more than a "deadbeat dad" and all that was EXTREMELY tasteless and disrespectful. A) If it's true, it is disrespectful to the man's privacy, plain and simple. It's tarnishing the guy's legacy when he's not even here to give his side of things. And there is ALWAYS another side. B) If it's not true, it's almost worse, because either way this is how people are going to remember him and again, he's not even here to defend himself.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 12, 2016, 03:47:20 AM »

This.

What she aired out about Scott being little more than a "deadbeat dad" and all that was EXTREMELY tasteless and disrespectful. A) If it's true, it is disrespectful to the man's privacy, plain and simple. It's tarnishing the guy's legacy when he's not even here to give his side of things. And there is ALWAYS another side. B) If it's not true, it's almost worse, because either way this is how people are going to remember him and again, he's not even here to defend himself.

+3

How people on here can still defend her after she released that 'statement' is beyond me...
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

RA

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 12, 2016, 04:01:49 AM »
i agree. Granted, her kids are involved, and it's obviously very emotional for her. But the old adage applies, "never send an e-mail in anger"...wait 24 hours, then send it if it's still appropriate. i suspect she regrets it.

sadiej

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 12, 2016, 04:34:58 AM »
I found her letter in pretty bad taste when I first read it too. Now I see it as a scathing condemnation of Scott . it went far beyond just a cautionary note about the damage drugs leave behind . And according to comments by his widow and others it also contained blatant lies . She comes across as arrogant , entitled and bitter . She ( and her children ) would have been better served sharing this with a counsellor . I'm sure things were really bad for her at times , but this letter was just wrong .