September 20, 2024, 07:56:07 AM

Author Topic: Tommy Black arrested for coke on bus when Scott died!  (Read 11617 times)

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Tommy Black arrested for coke on bus when Scott died!
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2015, 06:19:21 AM »
I don't get the hating on his wife at all and Tommy obviously is completely to blame here either but I think its safe to say he encouraged Scott to drink and as I said before Scott would not need much encouraging. I mean Tommy posting a picture of himself wasted and sprawled over a bar with Scott behind him holding a bottle of whiskey 2 days before his death does not look good. I get what you're saying, Scott would have drank regardless if he wanted to but you would hope the people around him would have done their best to stop it which they quite clearly didn't... They should have been snatching that shit out of his hand not posing in photo's with it.
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2015, 06:36:51 AM »
I get that Scott is an adult; responsible for his actions, etc, etc, but I really doubt he would have been fucking around with any drugs aside from what a pharmacist would prescribe, had other people not been bringing them around.

Being influenced to do something by somebody else is a possibility. "Hey man, I noticed you seem down, maybe a little of this will make you feel better."

Nick Maybury told me that he doesn't drink, smoke, or do hard drugs. Joey Castillo is mysteriously absent from all the booze-filled Tommy Black and Scott Weiland photos on Instagram.

So unless it's Scott's manager that was doing coke with him, I think it's fair to say who was the yes man/enabler....

Not looking forward to the toxicology report being released....
Bleeda blooda

mrmojorisin

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2015, 06:57:17 AM »
fuck Tommy and whoever else was being an enabler. I understand that Scotty was a grown ass man and it was his call to take whatever he puts in his body but for fucks sake make it extremely hard for him to score the drugs at the very least not just hand it to him.
Too much walkin shoes worn thin  Too trippin and my souls worn thin

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2015, 07:03:10 AM »
It sounds like Jamie was kept in the dark about it and is in denial now. It's strange that she couldn't see what many of Scott's longtime fans were seeing. But I don't think there's anything malicious behind it.

As for Tommy, he's not responsible for Scott's death, but maybe he could have played a part in preventing it. Tommy was obviously caught up in the drinking and drugs himself. Maybe it wasn't hurting him like it was Scott, but he was in a bad enough way that he wasn't paying enough attention to Scott's condition.

I know it's easy to want someone to be angry at, but it's not that simple. Everyone who's met Tommy has said he's the nicest guy. He's probably struggling with addiction just as Scott was. Plus, Tommy's the one who has to carry this burden -- for the rest of his life, he will be remembered as the guy who was doing drugs with Scott Weiland when he died. Unless the guy is a complete sociopath, he's probably gonna beat himself up way more than anyone else could.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2015, 07:13:19 AM »
I get that people are upset with enablers, but you have to remember Scott chose these people to surround him. Scott has kept Jeremy and Tommy by his side since 08. One OD'd and the other is in jail for possession. Besides them, Doug was kicked out, Danny quit multiple times, once citing 'self worth', Joey and Nick have only been in the band briefly and don't appear to interact closely with him, he's changed management a couple times if I'm not mistaken, and then there's the fact that he had everything orchestrated so that STP literally could not interact with him off stage.

I'm just saying, it's not an accident the two people he kept close were addicts and everyone else was pushed away. He chose who surrounded him, he chose enablers.

For what it's worth, I don't think Tommy is, or Jeremy was, a bad person. They just all had demons. It's sad Scott and Jeremy couldn't beat them.

As far as his wife, if TMZ's report is right she appears to be oblivious to any addiction.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2015, 07:14:11 AM »
It sounds like Jamie was kept in the dark about it and is in denial now. It's strange that she couldn't see what many of Scott's longtime fans were seeing. But I don't think there's anything malicious behind it.

As for Tommy, he's not responsible for Scott's death, but maybe he could have played a part in preventing it. Tommy was obviously caught up in the drinking and drugs himself. Maybe it wasn't hurting him like it was Scott, but he was in a bad enough way that he wasn't paying enough attention to Scott's condition.

I know it's easy to want someone to be angry at, but it's not that simple. Everyone who's met Tommy has said he's the nicest guy. He's probably struggling with addiction just as Scott was. Plus, Tommy's the one who has to carry this burden -- for the rest of his life, he will be remembered as the guy who was doing drugs with Scott Weiland when he died. Unless the guy is a complete sociopath, he's probably gonna beat himself up way more than anyone else could.

Well said.

The thing that gets me though was...why couldn't ANYBODY (like management) say, 'hey, we got a guy in the band who is a heavy drinker/coke user, we have a guitarist using heroin... Is this the healthiest environment for a heavy drinker/recovering drug addict'?

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 05, 2015, 07:15:51 AM »
I get that people are upset with enablers, but you have to remember Scott chose these people to surround him. Scott has kept Jeremy and Tommy by his side since 08. One OD'd and the other is in jail for possession. Besides them, Doug was kicked out, Danny quit multiple times, once citing 'self worth', Joey and Nick have only been in the band briefly and don't appear to interact closely with him, he's changed management a couple times if I'm not mistaken, and then there's the fact that he had everything orchestrated so that STP literally could not interact with him off stage.

I'm just saying, it's not an accident the two people he kept close were addicts and everyone else was pushed away. He chose who surrounded him, he chose enablers.

For what it's worth, I don't think Tommy is, or Jeremy was, a bad person. They just all had demons. It's sad Scott and Jeremy couldn't beat them.

As far as his wife, if TMZ's report is right she appears to be oblivious to any addiction.

I think if/when the whole stories about Danny and Doug leaving come out, it will be very enlightening.

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2015, 07:27:58 AM »
It sounds like Jamie was kept in the dark about it and is in denial now. It's strange that she couldn't see what many of Scott's longtime fans were seeing.

There are a lot of people on here that refused to see it as well. Some here still refuse to accept that Scott was an addict.

CritterTypeThing

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 05, 2015, 07:28:40 AM »
Some people are jumping to a lot of conclusions and there's tons of speculation.  I think it's natural to do so, especially when there are so many unknowns.  But lets not rush to judgment towards others who are mourning just as we are.  It's easy to point fingers from our position.

When it comes down to it, Scott was the boss.  If he wanted to make something happen or appear he was gonna do it.  And if someone was going to get in his way, he could replace them.  We don't know if Tommy was a little devil sitting on Scott's shoulder, for all we know Scott could have been the one whispering in Tommy's ear, or it could have been a more fluid codependant thing.  I don't think we'll ever know unless someone on the inside spills the beans.  And it's moot.  Everyone shares some of the blame here, and everyone shares the pain.

What is a shame, is that if Tommy was his buddy, that he couldn't help remove temptation from the scenario (drinking, drugs, or other).  But again that goes back to my earlier point that if Tommy was that type of person Scott may not necessarily have kept him as close for as long.  Addicts (of any substance) aren't dumb, and at the same time aren't necessarily rational either.

Looking back, I wish we could know more detail about when Scott & Doug parted ways.  I forget the proximity in timeline, but I believe it was sandwiched in between the STP split and the official start of the Wildabouts.  A lot of forces involved around that time.  Could wind up going down as a pivotal point in the whole saga.
Hold me closer.....closer.....let me go!

My STP Concertology:  6/22/01, 10/26/01, 4/21/02, 4/23/02, 5/18/08, 5/26/08, 5/31/08, 8/6/08, 8/8/08, 8/10/08, 7/17/09, 5/18/10, 9/3/10, 9/4/10, 7/25/11, 7/26/11, 9/10/11, 9/1/12, 5/6/18

lowbuz

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Don't ask me questions I don't need no alibis.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 05, 2015, 07:59:52 AM »
Jesus, stop with the enabler talk, and pointing the finger of blame. It doesnt matter and it is not for us to figure out. The guy has been like this forever. It is not Tommys responsibility to take care of him or keep anything away from him, why does anybody think it is. I said it before, maybe Scott was the enabler. Maybe he enabled Tommy and Jeremy. This enabling word is getting used a bit much. Stop blaming everyone else. People in bands getting wasted is not new news. Now ot is mgmt's fault. C'mon if mgmt pulled the plug on tours because of substance abuse can you omagine how many shows in the history of music would not exist? Why does Tommy have to bd the one to remove temptation? Maybe turns out he was not that good a friend. Not his problem. Not his wifes fault. Was she supposed to ground him . The dude would have never been allowed into the world. Not realistic. Stop with the conspiracies, stop trying to figure out the saga, we all saw this coming. It is unfortunate but it is Scotts fault snd his own. Move on. ESEMJAYES there is a lot of depressing video of him, dating back to a long long time ago. We have all seen it. You need s reality check. Point your hatred towards Scott, nobody else deserves it.

Aylin

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Whadayawannano?
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 05, 2015, 11:22:23 AM »
Jesus, stop with the enabler talk, and pointing the finger of blame. It doesnt matter and it is not for us to figure out. The guy has been like this forever. It is not Tommys responsibility to take care of him or keep anything away from him, why does anybody think it is. I said it before, maybe Scott was the enabler. Maybe he enabled Tommy and Jeremy. This enabling word is getting used a bit much. Stop blaming everyone else. People in bands getting wasted is not new news. Now ot is mgmt's fault. C'mon if mgmt pulled the plug on tours because of substance abuse can you omagine how many shows in the history of music would not exist? Why does Tommy have to bd the one to remove temptation? Maybe turns out he was not that good a friend. Not his problem. Not his wifes fault. Was she supposed to ground him . The dude would have never been allowed into the world. Not realistic. Stop with the conspiracies, stop trying to figure out the saga, we all saw this coming. It is unfortunate but it is Scotts fault snd his own. Move on. ESEMJAYES there is a lot of depressing video of him, dating back to a long long time ago. We have all seen it. You need s reality check. Point your hatred towards Scott, nobody else deserves it.

Funnily enough, I actually agree with all this. We've seen him do this for the last 15 years, it was bound to catch up. Still wish they had postponed the tour for a bit though, no point having a Scott that can't hold a pen, let alone sing.
So keep your bankroll lottery eat your salad day deathbed motorcade

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #71 on: December 05, 2015, 11:40:44 AM »
For anybody who wants a background on the Wildabouts from at least the one time I saw them behind the scenes, when I went backstage a few hours before the show in Anaheim last month I never saw Nick (I'm assuming he was hanging around Downtown Disneyland since that's where the show was), Joey was backstage alone eating (sociable guy the few minutes I got to talk to him), then Scott and Tommy were in Scott's room on the tour bus.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Aylin

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Whadayawannano?
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 05, 2015, 12:18:26 PM »
For anybody who wants a background on the Wildabouts from at least the one time I saw them behind the scenes, when I went backstage a few hours before the show in Anaheim last month I never saw Nick (I'm assuming he was hanging around Downtown Disneyland since that's where the show was), Joey was backstage alone eating (sociable guy the few minutes I got to talk to him), then Scott and Tommy were in Scott's room on the tour bus.

See, now this pissed me off. I'm back to hating everyone and everything that let Scott think the "occassional" bottle of whisky and line of coke was ok.
I know that all this commentary is worthless right now but, God, I'm so unhappy that this has happened (understatement) 😢
So keep your bankroll lottery eat your salad day deathbed motorcade

gravedancer

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 05, 2015, 12:57:07 PM »
The last time I saw Scott in NH back in May, they took quite a long time to get to the stage. The club had this cheap little curtain that they used to cover the stage, and for at least 40 minutes, you could see and hear the outline of Joey Castillo warming up on the drums. My first thought was that he was pissed they were taking so long.

Not sure where Nick was, but later that night I saw a video somewhere with Tommy and Scott (who looked wasted) singing along to Cheap Trick about 30 minutes after they were supposed to go on.
STP Shows: 05-25-08 - Wallingford, CT, 09-23-12 - Sacramento, CA
SWB Shows: 03-07-13 - Boston, MA, 06-07-13 - San Francisco, CA

Rik

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • http://www.belowempty.com
« Reply #74 on: December 05, 2015, 03:28:40 PM »
According to one of the largest news sites in the Netherlands, it was Robert DeLeo who was arrested...

http://www.nu.nl/achterklap/4177546/bandlid-the-wildabouts-gearresteerd-dood-scott-weiland.html

http://imgur.com/dr0yoAr