September 20, 2024, 10:49:53 AM

Author Topic: Tommy Black arrested for coke on bus when Scott died!  (Read 11645 times)

EsemJayes

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: Tommy Black arrested for coke on bus when Scott died!
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2015, 03:55:53 AM »
Been coming to this site on and off for years. Grew up listening to STP and one of the songs I remember from my childhood that made me want to be a musician was "Interstate Love Song." I've seen STP four times, the last time in 2012 in Atlantic City, and Scott Weiland twice, the last time was in NYC a few years ago.

What I don't understand is why me, as a fan who didn't know him personally, knew he had a problem and needed IMMEDIATE help, but his wife, band members, and others, didn't cancel his tour dates so he could get help. He obviously needed it. I understand drug addicts need to want to help themselves, but come on. I feel like those band members should have cancelled the tour. I feel like that's why Dean, Robert, and Eric broke it off with him.

Also, it pisses me off that in that depressing video of Scott trying to sing "Vasoline," his band members are laughing and seem very nonchalant about it all. Like, I've played in bands before, I would NEVER play another gig with someone who performed that way, I don't care how much money I was making. The band should have had a meeting saying he had to get help and they were cancelling the tour, if not for the fans paying money to hear something good, but for himself and his well-being.

Very upset.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2015, 03:59:40 AM »
Not saying it's TB's fault but man I was thinking to myself when I saw him posting pics of him and Scott holding up bottles of Jack Daniels what the hell is this guy thinking

Was that the picture from Tuesday night where one of them (I think Tommy) was literally laying on the bar?? I only saw it once and  that picture has now 'magically' disappeared. I remember thinking it didn't look good though. It was in the same bar as the one with the bull I posted above I think. I'm guessing they did some heavy drinking that night...

https://www.instagram.com/p/-w7AGfHy8i/

Tommy first posted it on his Instagram, and I re-posted it on Scott's as I did with any picture he posted with Scott in it.  When I saw the Jack Daniels bottle I hesitated, but Tommy's is a public account and he made the decision to put it out there, so I posted it on Instagram linked to Facebook.  Since Scott's death, Tommy (or someone else) deleted that photo from his Instagram, and somebody (my guess is Jamie) deleted it from the Facebook, but it is still on Scott's Instagram.  I don't see the big deal, if you search Instagram there are many pictures of fans meeting Tommy and Scott at bars with drinks on the table, so it's not like it was some big secret that Scott was still drinking.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Westenn

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2015, 04:01:26 AM »
Well, if I'm not mistaken, I believe I met Tommy when He used 2 be a Bartender at the Viper Room...I know 4 a fact how most Bartenders R serious party animals & it wouldn't surprise Me if He wasn't a little pusher cuz why would He tell Scott no, when Scott took Him out of a regular job & into the World of Rock, U know...

Now the other side 2 it is didn't a post show up where someone didn't get an autograph cuz Scott couldn't move His arms?  Why didn't they take Him 2 the hospital?  If He had difficulty moving his arms could have been a sign He's going 2 have a heart attack cuz sometimes symptoms can occur hours or sometimes a day B4 U actually have one...My Brother-in-Law passed away the same as Scott...cardiac arrest in his sleep...I hope I'm wrong on this one

8) :-*
And I Got U 2 Paint the Roses on My Grave

EsemJayes

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2015, 04:05:43 AM »
Not saying it's TB's fault but man I was thinking to myself when I saw him posting pics of him and Scott holding up bottles of Jack Daniels what the hell is this guy thinking

Was that the picture from Tuesday night where one of them (I think Tommy) was literally laying on the bar?? I only saw it once and  that picture has now 'magically' disappeared. I remember thinking it didn't look good though. It was in the same bar as the one with the bull I posted above I think. I'm guessing they did some heavy drinking that night...

Tommy first posted it on his Instagram, and I re-posted it on Scott's as I did with any picture he posted with Scott in it.  When I saw the Jack Daniels bottle I hesitated, but Tommy's is a public account and he made the decision to put it out there, so I posted it on Instagram linked to Facebook.  Since Scott's death, Tommy (or someone else) deleted that photo from his Instagram, and somebody (my guess is Jamie) deleted it from the Facebook, but it is still on Scott's Instagram.  I don't see the big deal, if you search Instagram there are many pictures of fans meeting Tommy and Scott at bars with drinks on the table, so it's not like it was some big secret that Scott was still drinking.

Hey dude. I read your interview with Scott a few weeks ago and I sent it to my brother and friend who are huge STP fans. I could tell you're a huge fan from your questions, which I felt where some of the best I've heard asked in a while. I listened to the audio and I could tell he wasn't doing too good and I talked about that with my brother, we kinda laughed when he said "How much longer" or whatever he said. But, I just wanted to say it was a really good interview.

Strange-Content

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2015, 04:09:37 AM »
Have you ever looked at someone and instantly disliked them?

I felt that way when I first saw Tommy. There was just something off.

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2015, 04:10:36 AM »
Now the other side 2 it is didn't a post show up where someone didn't get an autograph cuz Scott couldn't move His arms?

I think this might be the post you're talking about:

I was at the Nashville show, and this guy would have been even more pissed if he paid for the meet and greet, because the first announcement that was made was that Scott would not be signing anything.  I'm very anti paid meet and greets but had a chance to go for free so of course agreed to do it.  There were about 30-40 people at it, and everyone had something in their hand they wanted to get signed.  The meet and greet consisted of sitting with Scott and Tommy to get a picture, and that was it.  Maybe a minute total.  I told Scott I was a huge fan and thanked him for his music over the years, shook his hand, and his reply was, "Yeah."  I didn't have any expectations since it was free for me and was glad I got the chance to snap a pic with him, but it would have been nice to get a couple of autographs as well.  It was very painfully clear he did not want to be there, and you almost feel bad for the guy.  No ill will from me, but for the people who did pay $100 on top of the ticket price, I can't imagine how they wouldn't have been pissed.  My guess is that something was going on to prevent him from signing, since he was extremely lethargic and took about 15 seconds to move his hand for a handshake.  There was a part in the show where he tried to take his jacket off but couldn't and ended up putting it back on.

The show itself was pretty good overall though, but I wish they wouldn't have taken "Do It For The Kids" off the set list!  This is my third time seeing them for the "Master Blaster" tour and was looking forward to the VR addition more than anything else.  He seemed coherent otherwise for the most part during the set.  The venue, City Winery, was very weird, with tables and food service going on the entire floor during the show.  When Scott came out, the first thing he said was, "How's your steak?"  The Biters were awesome as others had stated, and I chatted with a couple of the guys after the show, along with Tommy Black who has to be one of the nicest guys ever.

http://www.belowempty.com/forum/index.php?topic=10521.msg185725#msg185725

What's strange is that we've heard so many stories like this over the years that I'd almost convinced myself that Scott was never in any real danger of dying.

But last night, whatever happened, it was just all too much for his body to keep up with.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 04:13:27 AM by EyesOfDisarray »

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2015, 04:30:35 AM »

It's not a huge shock or secret that Scott was still drinking (naively I hoped in moderation) but I thought the timing of the pic (2 nights before his death) and the fact that again he is with Tommy may be of importance, couple that with the fact it was swiftly taken down after Scott's death and it does seem odd. I'm not saying it's some huge conspiracy and my guess is that Tommy feels bad for enabling and encouraging Scott to drink (and possibly do coke) right up until his death and likely removed that picture because of the backlash he will receive from fans. If you click that link and read the comments people are already blasting him over that picture now and calling him an enabler.
I think being around Tommy (who is clearly wasted on that pic) definitely wasn't helpful for Scott but sadly at the same time I doubt he needed much encouragement...
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 04:32:15 AM by CagedTiger »
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

Westenn

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2015, 04:33:37 AM »
Now the other side 2 it is didn't a post show up where someone didn't get an autograph cuz Scott couldn't move His arms?

I was at the Nashville show, and this guy would have been even more pissed if he paid for the meet and greet, because the first announcement that was made was that Scott would not be signing anything.  I'm very anti paid meet and greets but had a chance to go for free so of course agreed to do it.  There were about 30-40 people at it, and everyone had something in their hand they wanted to get signed.  The meet and greet consisted of sitting with Scott and Tommy to get a picture, and that was it.  Maybe a minute total.  I told Scott I was a huge fan and thanked him for his music over the years, shook his hand, and his reply was, "Yeah."  I didn't have any expectations since it was free for me and was glad I got the chance to snap a pic with him, but it would have been nice to get a couple of autographs as well.  It was very painfully clear he did not want to be there, and you almost feel bad for the guy.  No ill will from me, but for the people who did pay $100 on top of the ticket price, I can't imagine how they wouldn't have been pissed.  My guess is that something was going on to prevent him from signing, since he was extremely lethargic and took about 15 seconds to move his hand for a handshake.  There was a part in the show where he tried to take his jacket off but couldn't and ended up putting it back on.

The show itself was pretty good overall though, but I wish they wouldn't have taken "Do It For The Kids" off the set list!  This is my third time seeing them for the "Master Blaster" tour and was looking forward to the VR addition more than anything else.  He seemed coherent otherwise for the most part during the set.  The venue, City Winery, was very weird, with tables and food service going on the entire floor during the show.  When Scott came out, the first thing he said was, "How's your steak?"  The Biters were awesome as others had stated, and I chatted with a couple of the guys after the show, along with Tommy Black who has to be one of the nicest guys ever.

What's strange is that we've heard so many stories like this over the years that I'd almost convinced myself that Scott was never in any real danger of dying.

But last night, whatever happened, it was just all too much for his body to keep up with.

So that show was about a week and a half ago?...U know what?! We R gonna drive R selves crazy trying 2 figure it out when We know deep down inside this day was gonna happen & at least he went peacefully...

8) :-* :'(

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2015, 04:57:00 AM »
Brett - Tommy's Instagram is NOT public.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that felt that way about the pic. I saw it and wanted to comment "put down the bottle and go home. You look like an asshole and this is bad" - but 1) I don't want to be disrespectful to someone I deeply respect and admire (despite his demons) and 2) though I didn't know it was Brett running the account, I sure as shit knew it wasn't Weiland. What's the point, then?

Goddammit Scott. I love you and I want to fucking smack you. How could you do this to your family? Your fans? Your legacy? I'm so fucking sad and pissed and devastated and irritated and ugh.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2015, 04:58:48 AM »

So that show was about a week and a half ago?...U know what?! We R gonna drive R selves crazy trying 2 figure it out when We know deep down inside this day was gonna happen & at least he went peacefully...

I saw him struggle with a ballpoint pen in Cleveland two weeks ago. He looked at it like it was something foreign and couldn't figure out how to make it work. It was fucked up and sad and at that point I left without attempting an autograph or picture of us alone.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2015, 05:04:36 AM »

I saw him struggle with a ballpoint pen in Cleveland two weeks ago. He looked at it like it was something foreign and couldn't figure out how to make it work. It was fucked up and sad and at that point I left without attempting an autograph or picture of us alone.

Oh my God

Westenn

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2015, 05:11:38 AM »
I am so angry right now...So, the "WIFE" had 2 have seen His condition & what? Were U busy counting His $$$ instead of SAVING HIS LIFE!!!  &  what about the "Best Friend" uh, were U counting His $$$ beside his wife???

Because if that were My Man, I would have hog-tied him, thrown him in the back of the truck & drove Him & if he wanted 2 fight, guess what? I'm still gonna hog-tie him, throw him in the truck & still drive...cuz that's what PPL who love PPL do...THEY SAVE THEIR LIVES!!!

I'm very sorry...I fkn love Scott & he's gone

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2015, 05:31:50 AM »
am so angry right now...So, the "WIFE" had 2 have seen His condition & what? Were U busy counting His $$$ instead of SAVING HIS LIFE!!!  &  what about the "Best Friend" uh, were U counting His $$$ beside his wife???

Well, she *did* start going on tour with him, so obviously she had to have been concerned.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2015, 05:41:22 AM »
am so angry right now...So, the "WIFE" had 2 have seen His condition & what? Were U busy counting His $$$ instead of SAVING HIS LIFE!!!  &  what about the "Best Friend" uh, were U counting His $$$ beside his wife???

Well, she *did* start going on tour with him, so obviously she had to have been concerned.

Yeah and it's likely he genuinely didn't do any drugs around her but it's not a stretch to think that when she left a week ago Tommy suggested they do some coke (they were drinking and partying together), kinda like 'come on man, we'll just do a bit, she'll never know' kinda shit... Obviously pure speculation but not a stretch by any means.
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

DumbLove

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2015, 06:04:24 AM »
His wife was also at the Nashville show, and sat for most of the set behind the soundboard.  At one point after the first few people went by the meet and greet, she went up to him and whispered something in his ear, probably a pep talk because he looked so visibly miserable.  He was not in a good place, but this was nothing new, as many of us know.  I can't say that I'm surprised, but I'm still shocked and gutted, having been a hardcore fan since 1994, seeing every tour stop since then and losing my favorite musician of all time.  Also being a father, my heart really goes out to his kids more than anyone else.

I also think this hate towards Tommy and especially his wife is uncalled for.  Scott was a grown man with known demons, and no one is responsible for his actions but himself.  If he wanted drugs, he would get them regardless of who tried to stop him or refused to enable him.  If any of you have known or dealt with real addicts, you would know trying to stop them from scoring is easier said than done.  This is a horrible tragedy, but spewing hate at people close to him who are suffering or trying to find someone to blame will not bring him back.