September 19, 2024, 11:50:03 PM

Author Topic: Tommy Black arrested for coke on bus when Scott died!  (Read 11603 times)

JBattista

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Favorite Flavor: Watermelon
    • View Profile
Re: Tommy Black arrested for coke on bus when Scott died!
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2015, 11:36:22 PM »
The article was flowing around here a while back, probably around March or so. It was published on somebody's personal site/blog, so good luck finding it

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2015, 11:43:23 PM »
The article was flowing around here a while back, probably around March or so. It was published on somebody's personal site/blog, so good luck finding it

More than anything for Christmas I want them to find out who gave him those drugs. I mean it's not like the shit just magically appeared out of air.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 11:49:56 PM by DELEO »

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2015, 11:52:18 PM »
I found out that this is probably pretty normal, albeit not necessarily cocaine. A buddy of mine was a manager for a while at Toby Keith's and they had this country guy named Dustin Lynch come play and it was a big show for the bar and grill. Their sound guy wanted some help, and since I had worked at a music store for a long time, they paid me $150 for the night to help out. It was a free show and a chance to see my friend so I did it.

Anyway, I was supposed to only help with sound, but the band wanted to get to their hotel room, so I ended up stuffing a bunch of them, including Lynch, in my then car, a 1998 Camry (Lynch had to put his hard case containing his cowboy hat in my trunk).

The point being, as soon as we got into the car, the band asked me if I knew where to buy pot. Since I wasn't from the area and don't smoke it, I am sure I was a disappointment to them.

Also, listening to Arty Lang talk, this is common when performing at Vegas hotels. They will get you hookers and/or any drug you want, and there are people employed by the hotel whose jobs are to procure those for the performer if he or she wants any of it.

Also, I have my doubts that avid drug users were fooled by crushed aspirin instead of cocaine.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 11:56:47 PM by lovemachine97 »

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2015, 11:53:49 PM »
I think it's pretty messed up also that venues where they performed leaked stories of Tommy black asking every employee there for cocaine, telling them that Scott said he wouldn't perform until he got some. He's going around ruining Scott's reputation when the coke was really both of theirs. Sounds like a stand up guy.

Seriously? Where did you read that?????????

I guess that story lists Jeremy, but I know people were also talking about it on the forum from reviews of shows and insider info and mentioned Tommy too. I just hope there's a proper full investigation done.

mrmojorisin

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2015, 11:57:12 PM »
Im willing to bet that Tommy was a full blown enabler.
Too much walkin shoes worn thin  Too trippin and my souls worn thin

Blueberry

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2015, 12:03:17 AM »
Im willing to bet that Tommy was a full blown enabler.

I used to think it was Doug. I can see how Tommy would be. He has a shy guy, sweet face that one wouldn't suspect. But......

SoftVinyl

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2015, 12:31:37 AM »
Tommy was slamming shots (and was visibly drunk) after the show I attended a few weeks ago. That and the pic I saw of them the other day (Tommy and Scott at the bar in a club) didn't help my gut feeling that he wasn't good for Scott to hang with. I'm not shocked at ANY of the news yesterday and today. It's sad, tragic, pathetic and surreal as a fan.
\'I\'m not paranoid...everyone is just out to get me!\'

Drew06

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2015, 12:31:46 AM »

Looks like Nick Maybury was the only clean member of the Wildabouts (Nick has talked about not being a drinker/drug taker in an interview and mainly focusing on eating stuff from Whole Foods on the road).

Seemed like joey was clean and mostly kept to himself on the road.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2015, 12:46:27 AM »
I don't believe for a second that Joey was a bad influence on Scott. Sure, he's had his issues in the past, but he was never in any of the "party" pictures Tommy or Scott posted....

Pissed the fuck off about Tommy, though. Thought the dude was a decent human being. Hope his cell block has some STP fans in it....
Bleeda blooda

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2015, 12:58:55 AM »
I don't believe for a second that Joey was a bad influence on Scott. Sure, he's had his issues in the past, but he was never in any of the "party" pictures Tommy or Scott posted....

Pissed the fuck off about Tommy, though. Thought the dude was a decent human being. Hope his cell block has some STP fans in it....

Come on now, simply because he did drugs with Scott (allegedly, though it's hard to deny), Scott was 48 years old.  He was solely responsible for his actions.  We can't make Tommy out to be an evil villain because he likely has the same disease Scott had
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2015, 01:06:49 AM »

Come on now, simply because he did drugs with Scott (allegedly, though it's hard to deny), Scott was 48 years old.  He was solely responsible for his actions.  We can't make Tommy out to be an evil villain because he likely has the same disease Scott had

I know what you're saying. Scott's a big boy. But arguably, when you're an addict, you're not a big boy anymore. You need help...and not the kind of help scoring your drug of choice.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2015, 01:10:43 AM »
This is stupid shit. Scott was a lifelong addict, he surrounded himself with addicts. Anybody who blames somebody else for his plight is as much the enabling type as anybody else.

Grow up.

lowbuz

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Don't ask me questions I don't need no alibis.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2015, 01:12:48 AM »
I think Purple nailed it. How do we know Scott was not the "enabler" of everyone else?? It doesn't matter if there are drugs everywhere and if they are east to get, and if everyone is on them.....that's how it is. If he did not want to be around drugs he would have to lock himself in his house. I can go around the corner and get heroin if I wanted or if I were on drugs...it is not hard (unfortunately). We can't blame anyone else, which it seems like everyone wants to do. Scott did it to himself.  If getting clean and staying clean was the priority, maybe touring was not a great fit for him right now, or in the years to come...if ever. Just because he needed help does not excuse his own responsibility. Poor guy, it is a shame.

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2015, 01:13:08 AM »

I know what you're saying. Scott's a big boy. But arguably, when you're an addict, you're not a big boy anymore. You need help...and not the kind of help scoring your drug of choice.

And I hear that, however all the people who were there trying to get him clean he ended up pushing away.  The help was there and offered (from what I've read), and eventually he burned all those bridges.  He sought out Jeremy, Tommy, and others who would use with him.  They didn't go in thinking "yeah let's start a band with Weiland and get him dope so he can relapse".  Don't get me wrong, it's a shame and I love the guy, but he isn't blameless. 

Spinning STP, VR, and the solo records today
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)