September 20, 2024, 01:54:48 AM

Author Topic: Tommy Black arrested for coke on bus when Scott died!  (Read 11605 times)

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Tommy Black arrested for coke on bus when Scott died!
« Reply #90 on: December 07, 2015, 04:25:11 PM »
Addicts enable each other, all this finger pointing is meaningless nonsense.

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 07, 2015, 04:47:21 PM »
It'll be tough to point out a specific starting point to Scott's death other than the first time he tried heroin with the Butthole Surfers.  He was constantly getting clean and then relapsing.  He had been drinking heavily since some point in 2011 since he mentions in his book he was a few months off of alcohol.  Sometime in 2011 he started drinking again and that continued until his death.  When exactly he relapsed with drugs remains to be seen.
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!

Son Of Sam

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 07, 2015, 05:23:28 PM »
Im sad  from Scotts passing & have been a huge fan as much as the next guy since the beginning. Scott was a grown ass man not a toddler. Unfortunatey & sadly, he wove his own web here. Tommy a junkie also? Maybe. Ultimately our boy Scott took the narcotics on his own terms. Wish it were different. No need to bash his buddy hes been in the picture for years. When ur close to 50 and possibly doing coke its a bad combination

kravdog

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 07, 2015, 05:24:14 PM »
The dude was pulled
It'll be tough to point out a specific starting point to Scott's death other than the first time he tried heroin with the Butthole Surfers.  He was constantly getting clean and then relapsing.  He had been drinking heavily since some point in 2011 since he mentions in his book he was a few months off of alcohol.  Sometime in 2011 he started drinking again and that continued until his death.  When exactly he relapsed with drugs remains to be seen.

The dude (SW) was pulled out of class, put on a stretcher, and taken to a hospital for "addiction" as a junior in high school. Whether or not that was a huge over-reaction by his parents or not, I would think his undoing started way earlier than Gibby's intro to the H train

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 07, 2015, 05:57:34 PM »
The dude was pulled

The dude (SW) was pulled out of class, put on a stretcher, and taken to a hospital for "addiction" as a junior in high school. Whether or not that was a huge over-reaction by his parents or not, I would think his undoing started way earlier than Gibby's intro to the H train

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.  Addiction is who he was I guess.
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #95 on: December 07, 2015, 07:22:24 PM »
I disagree ^

It was Dec 2008 - so 7 years ago this month - that I saw Weiland perform in Chicago (where I got to meet ScottLoungefly, Christie, and Cori - AND where my husband proposed) - and Weiland was out of his mind. He was incoherent and attempted to first tear down a sign hanging on stage before giving up and climbing it, then throwing his microphone down and walking off stage.

He hasn't been lucid since well before the HIG tour.

I think I remember him climbing, or struggling too, climb a speaker or something during 'Barbarella' and not having much success. Then threw down the mic and whatnot before closing with the encore. In comparison, I saw him stage dive at the Riv four years earlier with Velvet Revolver and he had no problems.

Last time I saw him perform was in 2011 in Hammond, Indiana with Dean, Rob, and Eric. In terms of performance and being 'all-there', that was I best I saw him since STP reunited. He looked good. The other times (the aforementioned HIG show and a May 2008 gig in Chicago) he was lost in the clouds.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..