September 29, 2024, 12:16:53 AM

Author Topic: Tributes to Scott  (Read 59067 times)

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Tributes to Scott
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2015, 12:37:05 AM »
Many memories indeed. Happy times.

Does anyone know of any Scott-mentions of bands on tour? I wonder if someone like Cornell or Pearl Jam would mention Scott.

I read somewhere yesterday that Chris Cornell dedicated a song he played live in Australia to Scott but I can't remember where I saw it.
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2015, 12:56:40 AM »
Many memories indeed. Happy times.

Does anyone know of any Scott-mentions of bands on tour? I wonder if someone like Cornell or Pearl Jam would mention Scott.

I read somewhere yesterday that Chris Cornell dedicated a song he played live in Australia to Scott but I can't remember where I saw it.

http://musicfeeds.com.au/gig/chris-cornell-palais-theatre-melbourne-04122015/

After an incendiary cover of The Beatles A Day in The Life brought the set to a close after over two hours, Cornell could have been forgiven for calling at a night and everyone would have gone home happy, however he returned and did a five song encore, highlighted by Audioslave Be Yourself (a fan request), Josephine  and a powerful version of Higher Truth dedicated to Scott Weiland, who died earlier that day of a drug overdose; a fact that actually made seeing Cornell in such great shape, all the more life affirming.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

justbill

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2015, 01:17:58 AM »
Brent Smith and Zach Myers (of Shinedown) open their show on 12.04.15 in Destin, FL (at Club LA) with an acoustic version of the STP classic, Big Empty: https://youtu.be/-07yRLvUcJg
-Bill_

Elvis

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2015, 01:48:03 AM »
Brent Smith and Zach Myers (of Shinedown) open their show on 12.04.15 in Destin, FL (at Club LA) with an acoustic version of the STP classic, Big Empty: https://youtu.be/-07yRLvUcJg

Shit, man.  That hit me hard.  Thank God for this site right now.

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2015, 02:27:29 AM »
Yeah this site is amazing, it's crazy that some of my STP memories actually involve this site directly. But coming on here now is just really hard.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 02:33:04 AM by DELEO »

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2015, 02:33:51 AM »
So many memories. Hypnotized hearing headbanger ball version of Plush on MTV.  My first show at the Greek.  Seeing them play at Universal for their 1st show of Tiny Music.  Seeing them play in Hollywood SLDD. Meeting one of my best friends waiting in line at the Viper Room and seeing him drive up and walk in for sound check. Seeing him play 12 BB at the Roxy for the 1st time. Watching them blow away every band at Weenie Roast at Angels Stadiun. Catching him in Vegas at MGD Blind Date. My wife surprising me by having Interstate Love Song be our 1st dance at our wedding. Coming home from our honeymoon early to catch STP at the Pond for Famiky Values.  STP w/ cheap trick.  STP blowing away the Peppers at Irvine Meadows and at Chula Vista.  Street Scene SD. Vegas w/ Godsmack. HOB 99. Playing Set Me Free Over and over again. No Way Out video shoot at El Rey. VR at Pond. VR on some street corner on Hollywood Blvd.  Meeting Duff behind Whiskey before VR show. Houdini Mansion show. Jimmy Kimmell. Hollywood Bowl. Epicenter. Sets w/ D Grean. Most recently at the El Rey with my brother and just a few weeks back at the Grammy museum with my best friend.  The past couple of weeks we've been playing Modzilla before my daughters soccer games to get ready.  Will cherish these memories for the rest of my life. God bless Scott.

My heart goes out to you brother. I never thought anything you wrote on this forum would ever inspire me or make me cry, but you did a hell of a job on this one. It's hard for me to even think about all of the times and moments I've had with those motherfuckers and Scott. It feels like there's a knife through my heart directly into my soul. I'm not going to be okay for a long time. I hope you can stay strong and continue remembering the good times we had with them and everything that they helped us through.

I guess it's kind of fucked up to say, but Scotts fascination with the lyric I'll never be the same or things will never be the same, has never struck a deeper cord inside of me than at this moment. Life really never will be the same after this. Everything just looks so much darker now...

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2015, 02:51:27 AM »
I hadn't left my house since Scott passed, so I went to the beach today.  I live in Newport Beach, close to where Scott went to high school and grew up in Huntington Beach.  The weather seemed fitting.

'And I feel, so much depends on the weather.'

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2015, 03:03:34 AM »
Sessions X posted an "In memoriam" photo on facebook and finally released the videos from his session...I can't even bring myself to watch them right now, both Scott and Jeremy are on them...

http://series.sessionsx.com/sessions/

If anybody knows how to download them so I can watch them later (in case they are removed) I'd be forever grateful...
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 03:05:12 AM by Manxita »
"I am trampled under sole of another man's shoes...Guess I walked too softly"

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2015, 03:07:08 AM »

Damn. Gave me goosebumps.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2015, 03:17:51 AM »
Sessions X posted an "In memoriam" photo on facebook and finally released the videos from his session...I can't even bring myself to watch them right now, both Scott and Jeremy are on them...

If anybody knows how to download them so I can watch them later (in case they are removed) I'd be forever grateful...

I caved and I am crying as I watch Circles....what a wonderful, wonderful version...it's just beautiful.
"I am trampled under sole of another man's shoes...Guess I walked too softly"

mrmojorisin

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2015, 03:47:06 AM »

good shit. Thanks for posting that
Too much walkin shoes worn thin  Too trippin and my souls worn thin

mrmojorisin

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2015, 03:48:31 AM »
Yeah this site is amazing, it's crazy that some of my STP memories actually involve this site directly. But coming on here now is just really hard.
i feel coming on here is  quite therapeutic
Too much walkin shoes worn thin  Too trippin and my souls worn thin

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2015, 03:59:48 AM »

Yes!!!!!!
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

Westenn

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2015, 05:27:15 AM »
It's not so much a tribute as he's singing "Be Not Afraid"  I thought this would be the best place to put it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFYibUMASsI
And I Got U 2 Paint the Roses on My Grave

Westenn

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2015, 06:54:20 AM »
I started to work on this about a week ago and my goal was to take the Purple Album and make a song out of the lyrics from every song on the album.  It's not done and for fellow songwriters you will probably notice different melodies, but that's cuz for now I just quickly put it together but after "Pretty Penny" it was a challenge to try to keep the melody I have in mind.  It would be in the Key of Scott and music like Punk, Thrash.  Anyway, I thought to post it cuz I have said I don't write music but since the construct of the song is STP it is fitting I put it up and if you want to put music together I think it would be a great way to help.  Also if you think his other lyrics would fit to sound better go for it

8) :-* :'(

"Conversations kill"

I got a record that I wanna show ya
It’s got these pictures of everything, everything
It’s got these bullets that ain’t mine, ain’t mine
No, no, no
It’s got these Bullets

One time a thing occurred to me
You’ll see the look & you’ll see the lies, lies, lies
It isn’t you, Isn’t me
No, no, no
It isn’t you, isn’t me