September 20, 2024, 08:13:51 PM

Author Topic: "Rock star source" says Scott relapsed with crack...  (Read 4113 times)

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
"Rock star source" says Scott relapsed with crack...
« on: December 04, 2015, 06:03:19 PM »
http://www.tmz.com/2015/12/04/scott-weiland-dead-crack-cocaine/

He relapsed apparently about 4 days ago, but not with heroin, everyone says it was crack.

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
Re: "Rock star source" says Scott relapsed with crack...
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 06:31:17 PM »
http://www.tmz.com/2015/12/04/scott-weiland-dead-crack-cocaine/

He relapsed apparently about 4 days ago, but not with heroin, everyone says it was crack.

TMZ is not the most reliable news source, remember that whole "Scott is in jail" debacle? They might be right, but I'd rather wait for an official cause of death to be released.
"I am trampled under sole of another man's shoes...Guess I walked too softly"

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 06:38:17 PM »
It's rare they are that wrong, and to be fair about the Scott in jail thing, the police issued a statement saying they had Scott in jail.

No surprise to me if he were using crack. It seems like he thought as long as he wasn't on heroin, he was clean.

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 06:45:41 PM »
It's rare they are that wrong, and to be fair about the Scott in jail thing, the police issued a statement saying they had Scott in jail.

No surprise to me if he were using crack. It seems like he thought as long as he wasn't on heroin, he was clean.

It would explain the whole weird facial thing of late. I never thought crack though.
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 06:58:04 PM »
I'm not a drug expert. At all. But....

"Unnamed source" is usually interchangeable with "bullshit" in legit journalism.

Also -

The Scott I saw two weeks ago was slow. Hindered movements. Lagging. Slurry with his speech. Monotone. Completely dead behind the eyes in every definition of the phrase. Barely coherent and barely awake.

Doesn't crack cause the opposite effect?

I cannot state that I know Scott was on drugs. I CAN state that he was very, very, VERY drunk in Cleveland. He has also gone on the record repeatedly in regards to his bipolar disorder and medication for that. I'm not going to speculate. There isn't any need to. Accidental overdose. Unintentional suicide. I know what I saw and I know in my heart what happened.

I don't want to victim blame because that is wrong and ultimately no one is responsible for Scott Weiland except Scott Weiland himself. However, I am so, so frustrated and heartbroken that this beautiful man - this brilliant mind and insane hero to so many - drank himself into a stupor and went to sleep alone on a shitty tour bus in Nowhere, MI, while everyone around him simply smiled and nodded.

I wanted to take him home with me after the Cleveland show. Not to fulfill every female fantasy I've ever had in my life, but to give him a warm meal, a hot bath, and a clean bed. I wanted to mother him. He broke my heart and I went into mom mode. I wanted to fix him. This was a boo-boo that couldn't be kissed better, though. And I'm not his mama. I couldn't do anything but go home and cry.

Poor Scott. So misunderstood. So frustrating. So stubborn. So lonely.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Rol2292

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2015, 07:14:10 PM »
But if you mix liquor, bi-polar medication and Lord knows what else (crack?), that may be what happens to you.
Werd to Big Berd!

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2015, 07:31:52 PM »
STPgurl: the way I read the article, it seems as though Scott just relapse within the last week. I think they're staying like 4-5 days.

Also my heart goes out to you, I saw Scott a few months ago and it was just brutally brutally sad. I think we all wish we could have babied him and took care of him and helped him back to being the man that we all knew and loved. But for some reason he just didn't seem to care anymore.

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2015, 07:33:24 PM »

It would explain the whole weird facial thing of late. I never thought crack though.

What weird face thing?

Rol2292

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2015, 07:45:39 PM »
Werd to Big Berd!

Flyingmerpa

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2015, 07:57:53 PM »
However, I am so, so frustrated and heartbroken that this beautiful man - this brilliant mind and insane hero to so many - drank himself into a stupor and went to sleep alone on a shitty tour bus in Nowhere, MI, while everyone around him simply smiled and nodded.

And that behavior was mirrored on the forum here.  We have one group calling out help for Scott, who saw his issues for what they really were.  We were genuinely concerned for his well being and his life. I said this way back in May on the forum: "I am genuinely concerned to the point where a doctor needs to step in if they haven't already.  This is not healthy behavior and I don't think touring is going to do any good.  If he can semi-retire and focus on his health somehow, but how?  I know we're beating a dead horse at this point but jesus f'in christ."
]
Then you have the other group who are either in denial or blindsided by rock star idolatry who say things like "Scott's show last night was so awesome, hes in the best shape hes been in years!!".  Unfortunately I think the latter are the enablers that traveled and dealt with Scott in his day to day life.  Could this outcome have been avoided?  Only Scott could ultimately decide however if there was a hindsight 20/20 the whole band should have refused to tour and forced their hand for him to get better.  We can argue semantics over the realistic logistics of that (money, contracts, etc) but it makes you wonder what could have been done differently to get him straightened out.

kazuality

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2015, 08:15:07 PM »

i am sad, this is all, i dont mind how he died, damn
Look I just want to go out sometime you know.  Like normal people, spend time together and enjoy each other's company. Like best friends.  Like lovers that care.  Who actually respect the relationship you know?"

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2015, 08:19:52 PM »
The paralyzed look he had to his face.

http://m.tmz.com/#article/2015/12/04/scott-weiland-dead-drugs-wife/

I honestly feel she was left out in the cold on some very important things. Poor woman.

Also I don't remember really a paralyzed look to his face other than a few years ago when it looked like he had plastic surgery or Botox. Are you talking about a more recent development?

Rol2292

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2015, 08:25:27 PM »
Right, I mean, what's a wife going to say? And that pact, if you're clean that doesn't even come up.

He had this blank stare to him the last couple of years.  Like he would stare through something, not so much at something.
Werd to Big Berd!

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2015, 12:04:58 AM »

Not only that...he had been speaking out of one side of his mouth for the past year or so, like he had some kind of stroke or nerve damage.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2015, 05:36:15 AM »

Not only that...he had been speaking out of one side of his mouth for the past year or so, like he had some kind of stroke or nerve damage.

Yeah and that's something we've been speculating about all year too but whatever was causing that Scott didn't want it to be common knowledge. I imagine his wife and family would know what caused that but we may never know.
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long