September 20, 2024, 08:22:39 PM

Author Topic: Scott is dead :-(  (Read 6545 times)

wiltteri

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
    • ville paganus photography

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Scott is dead :-(
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 06:46:40 AM »
No no no no no no.
Please, no.

Son Of Sam

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 06:58:30 AM »
Damn..... :( damn damn damn...rip scott. Thanks for all the memories

pilothead

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 07:13:06 AM »
RIP Scott.
t~RoY

\"If you should die before me, ask if you could bring a friend\" - Scott Weiland

Westenn

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 07:16:41 AM »
This is unreal...RIP...He was sooo Awesome

8) :-*
And I Got U 2 Paint the Roses on My Grave

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2015, 07:18:12 AM »
Official statement on Scott's passing.  Scott's manager sent it, and I posted it.  I've been helping run Scott's social media over the last month after burying the hatchet with him when I interviewed him.  I never thought I'd have to choose the picture for the death statement on my favorite singer of all time.  My heart is absolutely broken.

https://www.instagram.com/p/-2-tWFny1t/

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2015, 07:26:20 AM »
I'm numb as hell right now. I was JUST talking with my wife about Scott, and no sooner did I finish my sentence did my phone ring. I'm in complete shock...this cannot be fucking real.

stp426

• Flight Attendant
  • And I think I think to much....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2015, 07:35:21 AM »
I'm so broken. 
STP-10/3/00, 10/22/01, 4/19/02, 10/11/02, 10/16/02, 5/18/08, 8/9/08, 7/18/09, 5/23/10, 9/3/10, 5/5/11, 8/6/11, 8/24/12

Son Of Sam

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2015, 07:38:39 AM »
Official statement on Scott's passing.  Scott's manager sent it, and I posted it.  I've been helping run Scott's social media over the last month after burying the hatchet with him when I interviewed him.  I never thought I'd have to choose the picture for the death statement on my favorite singer of all time.  My heart is absolutely broken.

https://www.instagram.com/p/-2-tWFny1t/from a regular poster all those years to interviewing scott. Pretty damn cool brett. U did a hell of a job and rick has done a hell of a job all these years with the stp boards. Today music has died :(

Son Of Sam

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2015, 07:41:01 AM »
From being a regular poster to interviewing the guy for ur site. Pretty cool brett. U & rick did great jobs. Rick i hope u continue to run the site uve done a hell of a job all these years man. Today the music has died. To me atleast. :/

DesScorp

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2015, 08:28:57 AM »
Well, son of a bitch. Even with all of his addiction problems, I still didn't see this coming. It really is the end of an era, and probably of STP too.
Go straight to Hell; do not pass go, do not collect $200

billiebutton

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2015, 09:25:51 AM »
It hasn't sunk in yet. I don't want to believe Weiland is gone  :'(

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2015, 09:38:04 AM »
Chad Taylor of Live just tweeted his condolences to Robert on Twitter, and as part of the tweet Dean and Eric too.

I'm interested in how this plays out for those guys. I mean, Scott seemed to have forgiven them for the lawsuit and was plotting a return to the band. I am guessing death supersedes hard feelings for these guys, and it will probably hurt them on another level because they had basically wadded Scott up and thrown him away. Unless there is communication we don't know about, they all ended it with him on bad terms, and they know him; we don't. Of course my heart goes out to his family, his kids, and his wife (and past wives).

Weirdly, had Chester lasted another month, his tenure in STP would have been legitimized. I don't bring that up to be insensitive. I am just an analytic realist whose mind wanders to all areas of interest. I, like you all, cannot believe this day is here even if I prepared myself for it coming.

For me, Scott will live on in his music, as he always has. Maybe in death he will get the appreciation that always eluded him in life.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2015, 10:02:45 AM »
- I am absolutely devastated and heartbroken by this news. I'd had a bad feeling and thoughts about his death all year mainly from seeing how he was in interviews and in some of his performances but the new music kept coming and the tour went on so I hoped I was just being somewhat morbid and pessimistic and that things would be okay... Sadly that wasn't to be. I also had this horrible feeling in my gut after missing his London show earlier in the year (due to the date being changed 3 times) that it may well be my last chance to see him live and sadly I was right.

Whatever the press were saying I was still as big a fan of Scott as ever and always rooting for him, right up until his final day. I had hoped that one day he may reunite with Stone Temple Pilots or Velvet Revolver for a new album or some shows.

Scott still had some amazing melodies and songs left in him which he proved this year with 2 great albums. His death is a huge loss to the music community and I'm going to miss looking forward to his latest album to see what beautiful lyrics and melodies he'd come up with.

It is with a heavy heart and a lump in my throat that I say goodbye to the greatest singer, songwriter and frontman of my lifetime, Scott Weiland. Thank you for crafting the soundtrack to my life, your music has been with me through the good times and the bad times and will live on forever. May you Rest In Peace.
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2015, 10:09:27 AM »

https://www.instagram.com/p/-2-tWFny1t/

Brother my heart goes out to you! Hope you are doing well. Thank you for the best interview of his career that you got a few weeks ago. That will always be a prized possession of mine and help me connect with him on a level that I hadn't before. If you want to chat on the phone and celebrate the life and music of Scott Weiland, then send me a private message or something. Take care brother and thank you again for the time energy and heart you have put into this band over the years! If you guys need me I'll be in the bathroom crying like a fucking bitch.

One love,
-ChaseR