July 01, 2024, 07:10:05 AM

Author Topic: Scott Weiland found Dead  (Read 85660 times)

MAJOR METAL

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Weiland found Dead
« Reply #555 on: January 07, 2016, 04:10:30 AM »
I honestly can't blame STP for firing Scott. He consistently screwed the other Pilots in their performing and recording endeavors. I've seen STP with a drunk Scott twice, it really tarnished my impression of them at the start of the reunion. I don't think the other Pilots would have ever taken the Scott we have seen over the last year out on the road. As we have seen, they wouldn't hesitate to cancel a tour that they thought was doomed.   
If you should die before me ask if you could bring a friend.
Pick a flower hold your breath and drift away.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: January 07, 2016, 04:27:25 AM »
This isn't really new information. Did we know he was doing coke? Not exactly. But we knew he was mixing prescription drugs and alcohol, and drinking very heavily at that. We knew he spent all his time holed up in his bus when touring, we knew he was clearly very separated from reality, judging from his behavior and statements he had made in interviews. We knew he was clearly very inebriated during shows and interviews.

Yeah, there were people in denial. But really everything we're hearing now is just a more direct source confirming everything that we've heard and seen over the last few years.

So all of this is to say that nobody's opinion is likely to change. If you didn't think they were justified in firing him before, despite his very public behavior, then I don't see why you'd feel different now.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

EsemJayes

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: January 07, 2016, 08:44:17 AM »
This isn't really new information. Did we know he was doing coke? Not exactly. But we knew he was mixing prescription drugs and alcohol, and drinking very heavily at that. We knew he spent all his time holed up in his bus when touring, we knew he was clearly very separated from reality, judging from his behavior and statements he had made in interviews. We knew he was clearly very inebriated during shows and interviews.

Yeah, there were people in denial. But really everything we're hearing now is just a more direct source confirming everything that we've heard and seen over the last few years.

So all of this is to say that nobody's opinion is likely to change. If you didn't think they were justified in firing him before, despite his very public behavior, then I don't see why you'd feel different now.

Great point. I said that if I was in the Wildabouts, I would have kicked Scott out or quit. It was sooo disrespectful to your fans to sound like that, and on top of it, unhealthy for Scott, and I would not be willingly a part of his downfall. But, Scott ran that show, so he got to keep those guys around because he was their boss technically.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #558 on: January 07, 2016, 08:55:09 AM »

Great point. I said that if I was in the Wildabouts, I would have kicked Scott out or quit. It was sooo disrespectful to your fans to sound like that, and on top of it, unhealthy for Scott, and I would not be willingly a part of his downfall. But, Scott ran that show, so he got to keep those guys around because he was their boss technically.

If the whole band had quit he'd have just hired new guys.  That's essentially what happened earlier this year, within about a month or so Danny quit and Jeremy died, and Scott just kept going.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Westenn

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: January 07, 2016, 06:24:56 PM »
 This is my take on Scott Weiland…
He was born in 1967 & his Mom is an alcoholic so if she drank while pregnant (which was common back then) would make sense why Scott is born the way he was – an Addict.  Then around the age of 12, he gets sexually assaulted by a dude that turned around & threatened him if he said anything.  Meanwhile, his real dad has a NEW family & it doesn’t include him so to me it sounds like he is from a “broken” home w/ childhood trauma.  His step-dad tried but we know most kids rebel from divorce which is why he got in trouble a lot during high school.  He started his path of self-destructive behavior a long time ago.  I feel that if he relapsed that long ago it would make sense after the book was out.  I don’t think he dealt w/ a lot of the things he wrote in the book.  Some of the stories he wrote was heavy.  The one that sticks out is the one w/ his dog & he ends up in the bathroom.  I won’t ruin it w/ details for those who haven’t read.  I’m also beginning to wonder if his “bi-polar” was nothing more than drug induced paranoia and used a mental illness diagnosis to justify his addictions.  He always called it ‘his medicine’.  I also wonder the opposite of if he was bi-polar w/ paranoia disorder then sometimes later in life, ppl like that do end up schizo and is that why he relapsed cuz he started to hear or see stuff?

I also think that since Mary wanted to leave & she was the one who ended it not him would be the reason why he didn’t get over her.  I think that cuz in his book one quarter of it is him & three quarters of it is about Mary w/ a special section at the end that would appear as a special dedication to her.  The kicker to that is why should Mary take Scott back when she has most of his money, a nice house & gets what, 60k a month & she doesn’t have to deal w/ his crap divorce.  He would have been fine if he did the breaking up, but it was obvious he was in it more than her.  I think the death of Jeremy reminded him of his brother then that was it along w/ the kids, & everything else cuz Jeremy died in March & Scott in December (6mos). 

Pride & Stubbornness wrapped in desperation surrounded by bad influences or enablers as you guys call it. I’ve been there.  I met this girl & we became friends out of a desperate time in both of our lives & I did things that I knew were wrong but when you’re messed up, it’s like a sick form of “crowd mentality” which makes it hard to make sound decisions & Scott was the boss.  In my case, I was able to stop but Scott couldn’t stop cuz he’s a junkie.  He’s either high or looking to get high.  It’s easy to put 100% blame on Scott the dead addict; who by the way paid for “everything” but hey, if that’s what these guys need to sleep better at night…………….    Hush   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD-E-LDc384

And I Got U 2 Paint the Roses on My Grave

IMJ

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Wave1Collectibles
« Reply #560 on: January 07, 2016, 07:11:23 PM »
Yes, it's possible to have a genetic predisposition to addiction. But many people think in a circumplex fashion, and addicts often use this data as a means to justify their addictions - as if they were "drawn" to drugs.  However, you'll never activate your genetic predisposition to drugs if you don't get on them in the first place.

This is the same circular thinking as people who state that antibacterial soaps make bacteria stronger.  If you use the soap correctly, then the bacteria die and aren't around to evolve after exposure to the soap. If you don't use it correctly, then they survive and evolve a bit.

Scott had a history growing up, but he made his lifestyle choices.  I think it is fair though to put some blame on his late-in-life enablers who were sapping from his fame and helping him party like this was their big break. Selfish. Selfish.
STP Shows: 12/12/1996 | 10/12/2001 | 05/17/2008 | 05/22/2008 | 03/20/2010 | 08/20/2010
CheSTP Shows: 04/23/2015
JeffTP Shows: 09/26/2019
Velvet Revolver Shows: 05/19/2004 | 11/21/2004 | 04/29/2005 | 08/13/2005 | 05/10/2007 (w. Slash signed Setlist) | 08/28/2007
Scott Weiland Shows: 05/10/2014 | 11/20/2015

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #561 on: January 07, 2016, 07:22:05 PM »
Yes, it's possible to have a genetic predisposition to addiction. But many people think in a circumplex fashion, and addicts often use this data as a means to justify their addictions - as if they were "drawn" to drugs.  However, you'll never activate your genetic predisposition to drugs if you don't get on them in the first place.

This is the same circular thinking as people who state that antibacterial soaps make bacteria stronger.  If you use the soap correctly, then the bacteria die and aren't around to evolve after exposure to the soap. If you don't use it correctly, then they survive and evolve a bit.

Scott had a history growing up, but he made his lifestyle choices.  I think it is fair though to put some blame on his late-in-life enablers who were sapping from his fame and helping him party like this was their big break. Selfish. Selfish.

Agreed, especially when it comes to heroin.  Scott told the story of being attracted to heroin due to the rock and roll myths, and making the conscience decision to use it with Gibby Haynes from the Butthole Surfers for the first time on the 1993 tour.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: January 07, 2016, 09:21:24 PM »
...Scott told the story of being attracted to heroin due to the rock and roll myths...

And although some may view this as silly and reckless, it's a reality.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

CoconutBackwards

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: January 07, 2016, 09:27:46 PM »
Some details have emerged on the discovery of Scott's dead body that day. :(

A transcript of the 911 call made by bandmates of rocker Scott Weiland depicts their anguish upon realizing that their frontman was dead after efforts to rouse him from sleep on their tour bus failed.

Tour manager Aaron Mohler went to check on Weiland after bandmates received a call from Weiland’s wife, photographer Jamie Weiland, who was concerned because she hadn’t heard from him. Mohler entered the bus outside the Country Inn & Suites at the Mall of America, where Weiland appeared to be sleeping in his bedroom, according to the police report.

Weiland was usually a heavy sleeper, so Mohler shook him, then removed the pillow from under his head. Mohler couldn’t feel Weiland breathing and called drummer Joseph Castillo onto the bus for help. Neither man could wake him, and they called 911.

“I, I think he’s dead,” one of the men told dispatchers Dec. 3. “He’s not moving. He’s stiff, his whole …”

Dispatchers asked if a defibrillator was available. The caller said the band did not carry one on the bus. Instructions were then given to attempt chest compressions.

The caller says Weiland’s body is rigid and that he is not breathing.

“I mean, he’s like hard as a rock right now, not moving,” he said in a 911 transcript released Tuesday by Bloomington police. “ ... there’s no breath. There’s no nothing.”

http://www.startribune.com/911-call-reveals-fear-shock-of-bandmates-who-found-weiland-s-body/364318341/
Sad how the extent of the drug use seemed to be common knowledge with everyone and Tommy wasn't even initially surprised about what happened.

Band and crew told police Weiland had been drinking vodka and tequila quite heavily, was taking the heroin-blocker Suboxone, and prescriptions. They also said he used cocaine as recently as a week before his deaths, and took the drug, molly, a day or two before his death.

In a statement, an investigator wrote, "All of the band members and its entourage were visibly upset" but longtime Weiland friend and band member Thomas Black, said he was also "not surprised that Weiland had died."

http://www.fox9.com/news/69432309-story

You know what that tells me about Tommy Black? That he's not surprised that Scott died because he knew he was doing things that could possibly lead to his death. Since it seems pretty obvious that he knowingly did unhealthy and potentially deadly things with Scott, I think he's a shitty person.

I think I'm a pretty good judge of character and I never liked that guy and this validates that view. I know, I know, Scott is the only one to blame for is addiction, but that doesn't change the fact that Tommy is a bad person.

"I'm a pretty good judge of character"  ::) ::)

No one has any right to judge this guy like you are.
Hr308: "Cuatro, i nearly did this because 5 g's is nothing to me."

Vaporized - "I can confirm that it's neither Gutt or Borja."

CoconutBackwards

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: January 07, 2016, 09:34:00 PM »

A transcript of the 911 call made by bandmates of rocker Scott Weiland depicts their anguish upon realizing that their frontman was dead after efforts to rouse him from sleep on their tour bus failed.

Tour manager Aaron Mohler went to check on Weiland after bandmates received a call from Weiland’s wife, photographer Jamie Weiland, who was concerned because she hadn’t heard from him. Mohler entered the bus outside the Country Inn & Suites at the Mall of America, where Weiland appeared to be sleeping in his bedroom, according to the police report.

Weiland was usually a heavy sleeper, so Mohler shook him, then removed the pillow from under his head. Mohler couldn’t feel Weiland breathing and called drummer Joseph Castillo onto the bus for help. Neither man could wake him, and they called 911.

“I, I think he’s dead,” one of the men told dispatchers Dec. 3. “He’s not moving. He’s stiff, his whole …”

Dispatchers asked if a defibrillator was available. The caller said the band did not carry one on the bus. Instructions were then given to attempt chest compressions.

“I mean, he’s like hard as a rock right now, not moving,” he said in a 911 transcript released Tuesday by Bloomington police. “ ... there’s no breath. There’s no nothing.”

http://www.startribune.com/911-call-reveals-fear-shock-of-bandmates-who-found-weiland-s-body/364318341/
Sad how the extent of the drug use seemed to be common knowledge with everyone and Tommy wasn't even initially surprised about what happened.

Band and crew told police Weiland had been drinking vodka and tequila quite heavily, was taking the heroin-blocker Suboxone, and prescriptions. They also said he used cocaine as recently as a week before his deaths, and took the drug, molly, a day or two before his death.

In a statement, an investigator wrote, "All of the band members and its entourage were visibly upset" but longtime Weiland friend and band member Thomas Black, said he was also "not surprised that Weiland had died."

You know what that tells me about Tommy Black? That he's not surprised that Scott died because he knew he was doing things that could possibly lead to his death. Since it seems pretty obvious that he knowingly did unhealthy and potentially deadly things with Scott, I think he's a shitty person.

I think I'm a pretty good judge of character and I never liked that guy and this validates that view. I know, I know, Scott is the only one to blame for is addiction, but that doesn't change the fact that Tommy is a bad person.

I think Tommy is just an addict, himself, with poor judgement. Doesn't make him a bad person. He wasn't Scott's boss or babysitter.

How do we know it wasn't Scott who encouraged and led this behavior among the two of them? Because he's our idol?

Could have easily been Tommy who died. What would people say then? Would they blame Scott? NOPE!

Yep.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: January 07, 2016, 09:59:13 PM »

I think Tommy is just an addict, himself, with poor judgement. Doesn't make him a bad person. He wasn't Scott's boss or babysitter.

How do we know it wasn't Scott who encouraged and led this behavior among the two of them? Because he's our idol?

Could have easily been Tommy who died. What would people say then? Would they blame Scott? NOPE!

Yep.

I think more of us are just saying that Tommy was a shitty 'best friend'. I posted this a couple of pages back but this is the way I see it. Tommy was the one drinking large amounts of vodka and tequila and doing coke with Scott in the months (and days) leading to his death. I don't think any of us are trying to say that Scott himself wasn't at fault for doing it but let me put it like this - if your 'best friend' was a struggling drug addict who had become an alcoholic but told you that drinking was like putting a lead blanket over their heart would you agree to do coke and go on drinking binges with them?? I certainly wouldn't. Scott may well have been the one begging Tommy for all we know and he also could've just carried on doing it alone anyway, I'm not denying that, he was an addict and seemed self destructive but I wouldn't want it on my conscience that I was the one doing that shit with him in his last days instead of at least trying everything I could to make him stop.
I'm not looking for an argument here, I'm just pointing out how I feel with regards to Tommy. No matter what anyone says there's no denying he encouraged this behaviour and took part in it rather than trying to stop it or distancing himself from it like a 'best friend' would.
In the end perhaps nothing could save Scott from Scott but Tommy could've tried to at least be part of the solution instead of part of the problem.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 10:02:48 PM by CagedTiger »
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

CoconutBackwards

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: January 07, 2016, 10:34:48 PM »
Knowing everything we know now - that he was in fact a raging drug addict that just couldn't get his shit together - Have opinions changed on the firing?  Im curious to see what everyone's opinion is. It just seems like the guys in STP and VR for that matter just didn't NEED to put up with his behavior. But the Wildabouts certainly NEEDED him...
i was pissed at the boys from STP when they shitcanned Scott but only because they continued the name. Sorry but there is no STP w/o Weiland.

Just to dig a bit further.... Do you blame them for firing him?

Hell no.  I would've fired him if I could have.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: January 07, 2016, 10:39:24 PM »
I think more of us are just saying that Tommy was a shitty 'best friend'. I posted this a couple of pages back but this is the way I see it. Tommy was the one drinking large amounts of vodka and tequila and doing coke with Scott in the months (and days) leading to his death. I don't think any of us are trying to say that Scott himself wasn't at fault for doing it but let me put it like this - if your 'best friend' was a struggling drug addict who had become an alcoholic but told you that drinking was like putting a lead blanket over their heart would you agree to do coke and go on drinking binges with them?? I certainly wouldn't. Scott may well have been the one begging Tommy for all we know and he also could've just carried on doing it alone anyway, I'm not denying that, he was an addict and seemed self destructive but I wouldn't want it on my conscience that I was the one doing that shit with him in his last days instead of at least trying everything I could to make him stop.
I'm not looking for an argument here, I'm just pointing out how I feel with regards to Tommy. No matter what anyone says there's no denying he encouraged this behaviour and took part in it rather than trying to stop it or distancing himself from it like a 'best friend' would.
In the end perhaps nothing could save Scott from Scott but Tommy could've tried to at least be part of the solution instead of part of the problem.

The point everybody else is making is that Tommy Black is no better or worse a person than Scott Weiland, who was behaving in the exact same way. They were just fuck ups, doing what fuckups do with each other. So holding it against him is just pointless. They had a destructive relationship.

Making Tommy Black a bad guy just detracts from the lesson that should be learned here, which is, don't be like Scott Weiland. Don't be like Tommy Black either, but definitely don't be like Scott because his weakness ended up killing him.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: January 08, 2016, 12:52:44 AM »
Remember that everything that can be said for Tommy enavling Scott, can also be said about Scott enabling Jeremy.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Scott4ever

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: January 08, 2016, 01:03:59 AM »
Absolutely true!  As much as I love Scott, he was responsible for the people he associated with and put in his band.  If it wasn't Tommy, he would've "partied" with someone else of his choosing.
I knew the questions, but I lost the answers...
STP:  July 2, 1994 (cancelled)/September 4, 1994/November 20, 1996/May 5, 1997/July 26, 2000/December 31, 2001/October 8, 2002/August 22, 2008 (cancelled)
VR:  December 8, 2004/May 24, 2005/September 6, 2005/October 6, 2007
Scott Weiland and The Wildabouts:  March 6, 2015