October 01, 2024, 04:19:10 PM

Author Topic: Scott Weiland found Dead  (Read 95248 times)

DrLymphNode

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Weiland found Dead
« Reply #540 on: January 07, 2016, 01:49:01 AM »
I don't hold people accountable for what they do under the influence. I hold them accountable for USING, but drugs truly do warp you into something different.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #541 on: January 07, 2016, 02:07:17 AM »
From what everyone has told me Scott loved Jamie and the happiest he ever was on tour was when she would come and visit.  I don't know the specifics of their home life and what not, but they deeply loved each other.

Okie dokie. But I disagree....

When I saw Weiland in Cleveland (Hard Rock Cafe Rocksino) in 2014 he was making out with a groupie/fan/whore. I was waiting in line for my sad picture for him to finish sucking her face. It was sickening, and, as a matter of fact, when it WAS my turn I said "how is your beautiful new wife?" - to which he just stared at me like I was speaking Russian and moved in slow motion.

He smelled like lavender and fresh cotton. I kissed his cheek.

Anyway. I don't know what other people do in their relationships, but I'm married and "deeply in love," too, which is why I don't put my tongue and mouth on other peoples mouths. Just saying.

I wasn't going to say anything, but this adds up with a story a source told me, though the story I heard was far more bizarre.  The same exact source though also told me that Scott really loved Jamie and would talk about missing her on the road, despite his bizarre behavior, and when she would come out his attention would go straight to her.  He was a complicated and 'paranoid' man in his final years, according to the source, and a lot of the behavior was influenced by his constant drinking and drug use.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 02:09:31 AM by StoneTempleBrett »

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: January 07, 2016, 02:27:16 AM »
All of this adds up to what I've been told over the last four or five years... and that's why I lost all respect for this guy. Great musician no doubt but he really turned into something I could never, ever admire any longer.

Everyone dogged me because of my source but this stuff is pretty much what I've been told. There are many more stories but none of which need to be publicized so I shall remain quiet.

He just wasn't a good guy...

Take it.

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: January 07, 2016, 02:37:47 AM »
I don't hold people accountable for what they do under the influence. I hold them accountable for USING, but drugs truly do warp you into something different.

And truth be told, he likely had some kind of brain damage due to his long-standing abuse.

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #544 on: January 07, 2016, 02:56:35 AM »
All of this adds up to what I've been told over the last four or five years... and that's why I lost all respect for this guy. Great musician no doubt but he really turned into something I could never, ever admire any longer.

Everyone dogged me because of my source but this stuff is pretty much what I've been told. There are many more stories but none of which need to be publicized so I shall remain quiet.

He just wasn't a good guy...

We've probably heard many of the same things, and I worry that more will come out.  I kind of wish I'd never heard it myself, but I needed to in order to know how to cover his death.  It all revolves around drugs though, even people who've told me some really terrible things about him always go back to the fact that Scott was just constantly drunk or high.  It's hard to keep your life together when you are fucked up all the time.  The darkness just overcame him unfortunately.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #545 on: January 07, 2016, 02:59:42 AM »

And truth be told, he likely had some kind of brain damage due to his long-standing abuse.

I disagree actually, we don't really know what he'd have acted like in his last 4 and a half years or so because he was never sober during this period.  The only totally sober Scott we know from this decade was the last few months of 2010/very early 2011 when he got sober as he finished writing his book.

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: January 07, 2016, 03:11:40 AM »

I disagree actually, we don't really know what he'd have acted like in his last 4 and a half years or so because he was never sober during this period.  The only totally sober Scott we know from this decade was the last few months of 2010/very early 2011 when he got sober as he finished writing his book.

Even during that period, though, he displayed tics and 'difficulties' that weren't present pre-2009 when he had that 'seizure'.

Jeez this is depressing :(

mrmojorisin

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: January 07, 2016, 03:12:49 AM »
So if Scott was this fucked up constantly how did he not know it wasn't going to end well? I mean partying that hard for his age and his previous history of drug abuse that already took its toll on his body. I mean he knew staying on the road equaled getting fucked up then he would also know that dying was a good possibility as well.
Too much walkin shoes worn thin  Too trippin and my souls worn thin

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: January 07, 2016, 03:29:02 AM »
Also my source for the quotes worked for the Wildabouts organization within the last 2 years, provided me photographic proof of this, and photographic proof of claims that go much deeper than the two pretty innocent quotes used in my article.  If I actually was the type of reporter people like that think I am, I'd be publishing the dirty details like that.  What I posted though is enough for people to fill in the blanks, the details aren't necessary or appropriate to post.  This will probably be the last I share about Scott's final days unless Tommy or somebody else comes out and tries to spin a story that is complete bullshit.  I actually don't have any bias against Tommy or anybody in the aftermath of Scott's death, I'm just trying to present every side to a complicated and tragic story.

I might be way off base, but my mind went beyond drug use to something else.

As in foul play?

No none of that.  Just read my article on my site near the end from today.  There was just some bad shit going on, the quotes there are the only detail that ever needs to really be out there publicly, at least from me.  If people involved ever want to come out with what they know, then it'll be out there.  I don't mean to be a dick teasing information or whatever, I just had to mention I have additional information so people don't think I'm exploiting Scott with the two quotes I did put up, when in reality I'm posting by far the most innocent stuff out of respect to his family, and I only even posted what I did because of Tommy's quote to the police.  If I wanted to exploit the circumstances surrounding his life on the road the last couple of years I could write one of the most salacious things you've ever read about him.

I kind of want to know but on the other hand I don't.  I think the Scott we all "sort of" know and love died after his brother's death and his firing from STP and what was left was a miserable shell of his former self.  What's clear though is that he should not have been on the road touring these past few years though financially he had no choice.  It's just not fair.

Rol2292

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: January 07, 2016, 03:29:13 AM »
Knowing everything we know now - that he was in fact a raging drug addict that just couldn't get his shit together - Have opinions changed on the firing?  Im curious to see what everyone's opinion is. It just seems like the guys in STP and VR for that matter just didn't NEED to put up with his behavior. But the Wildabouts certainly NEEDED him...
Werd to Big Berd!

mrmojorisin

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: January 07, 2016, 03:47:06 AM »
Knowing everything we know now - that he was in fact a raging drug addict that just couldn't get his shit together - Have opinions changed on the firing?  Im curious to see what everyone's opinion is. It just seems like the guys in STP and VR for that matter just didn't NEED to put up with his behavior. But the Wildabouts certainly NEEDED him...
i was pissed at the boys from STP when they shitcanned Scott but only because they continued the name. Sorry but there is no STP w/o Weiland.
Too much walkin shoes worn thin  Too trippin and my souls worn thin

Rol2292

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: January 07, 2016, 03:50:11 AM »
i was pissed at the boys from STP when they shitcanned Scott but only because they continued the name. Sorry but there is no STP w/o Weiland.

Just to dig a bit further.... Do you blame them for firing him?
Werd to Big Berd!

psyche

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: January 07, 2016, 03:51:46 AM »
i think that both bands fired him for a specific reason.  there had to be a reason he was fired but i don't know any of the other members lives all the focus was on Scott Weiland's life mainly.  the only way to know why he was fired would be taking the other members word and listening to more of the stories that may surface. 

Rol2292

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: January 07, 2016, 03:55:36 AM »
i think that both bands fired him for a specific reason.  there had to be a reason he was fired but i don't know any of the other members lives all the focus was on Scott Weiland's life mainly.  the only way to know why he was fired would be taking the other members word and listening to more of the stories that may surface.

We're not Angels. And I certainly don't pretend to be the head of the "do right" brigade. Lol They're in rock bands for a living - things are certainly different for them. But if Scott's shananigans made things unbearable....
Werd to Big Berd!

psyche

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: January 07, 2016, 03:57:23 AM »
agreed.