July 01, 2024, 06:13:25 AM

Author Topic: Scott Weiland found Dead  (Read 85655 times)

psyche

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Weiland found Dead
« Reply #495 on: December 27, 2015, 05:37:01 PM »
i still remember when i was able to put a face to that voice mtv spring break wearin a dress singing sex type thing so bad ass.

Westenn

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: December 27, 2015, 09:34:19 PM »
I played "No Rain" Blind Melon & I'm reading about Shannon Hoon & it reads a lot like Scott's

After a disappointing performance in Houston on October 20, 1995, Hoon launched himself into an all-night drug binge.[7] The next day, Blind Melon was scheduled to play a show in New Orleans at Tipitina's. The band's sound engineer, Lyle Eaves, went to the tour bus to wake up Hoon for a sound check but was unable to rouse him. An ambulance arrived, and Hoon was pronounced dead on the scene, at the age of 28 [8] The cause of death was attributed to a cocaine overdose.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shannon_Hoon

8) :-* :(
And I Got U 2 Paint the Roses on My Grave

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: December 28, 2015, 11:00:07 AM »
At what point did Tommy Black come into Scott's life? Scott's health seemed to take a noticeable nosedive after his split from VR in 2008 and it could of course be coincidental but isn't that around the same time he started hanging around with Black?
From what I can gather Tommy appears to be a drug addict and an alcoholic himself and probably the last person in the world Scott should've been hanging with. I know Scott ultimately made his own decisions but as I've said before he wouldn't have needed much encouragement and when your bassist is bringing packages of coke onto the tour bus and suggesting you hit the bars to get wasted every night I think the temptation was too much for poor Scott.

I think VR and STP did a better job of 'looking after him'... I know people are going to say Scott was an adult and shouldn't need looking after but unfortunately I really think he did :(
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

Down-Plush

• Chameleon
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sing the song, or keep it inside.
    • View Profile
    • My bandcamp
« Reply #498 on: December 28, 2015, 03:34:29 PM »
I think VR and STP did a better job of 'looking after him'... I know people are going to say Scott was an adult and shouldn't need looking after but unfortunately I really think he did :(

Yeah, that's not even a question in my opinion. The guys in VR were almost certainly a better influence on Scott because they had all been there and more or less overcame that, so it makes sense that they would do a better job "taking care of him". I don't know much about all the Wildabouts guys, but I feel like STP and VR were always team Scott and really always hoped he'd 100% get it together.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 03:37:31 PM by Down-Plush »

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: December 28, 2015, 05:16:49 PM »

Yeah, that's not even a question in my opinion. The guys in VR were almost certainly a better influence on Scott because they had all been there and more or less overcame that, so it makes sense that they would do a better job "taking care of him". I don't know much about all the Wildabouts guys, but I feel like STP and VR were always team Scott and really always hoped he'd 100% get it together.

The VR guys were just less willing to turn a blind eye to it. Scott wasn't their meal ticket as much as he was for the Wildabouts. Even with a now defunct VR, most of those guys have landed in fairly profitable places. Probably won't be able to say the same for the Wildabouts, Joey excluded.
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: December 28, 2015, 06:20:00 PM »
The VR guys were just less willing to turn a blind eye to it. Scott wasn't their meal ticket as much as he was for the Wildabouts. Even with a now defunct VR, most of those guys have landed in fairly profitable places. Probably won't be able to say the same for the Wildabouts, Joey excluded.

I know what you're saying, but this is as good an opportunity to say that I'm a firm believer that it's BECAUSE of Scott that the guys in VR, especially Slash, are currently where they're at. Scott was the difference between VR being VR and just being Snakepit version 3.0 (regardless of Duff & Matt's involvement). With the second Snakepit album, Slash had a difficult time (if I remember correctly) just getting a distribution deal for "Ain't Life Grand". And that fizzled quicker than it took to release.
Scott catapulted and legitimized the "Project" and gave Slash (and others) a second shot at a rock career. That's not necessarily to say that Slash couldn't eventually have done it without VR, but we don't know that he would either. Scott was the biggest reason they became relevant again, in my opinion - which in turn, got me a little salty when they scoffed at Scott trying to reunite VR when HE needed THEM.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
  • If night was longer, could I escape the day?
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: December 28, 2015, 06:39:31 PM »

I know what you're saying, but this is as good an opportunity to say that I'm a firm believer that it's BECAUSE of Scott that the guys in VR, especially Slash, are currently where they're at. Scott was the difference between VR being VR and just being Snakepit version 3.0 (regardless of Duff & Matt's involvement). With the second Snakepit album, Slash had a difficult time (if I remember correctly) just getting a distribution deal for "Ain't Life Grand". And that fizzled quicker than it took to release.
Scott catapulted and legitimized the "Project" and gave Slash (and others) a second shot at a rock career. That's not necessarily to say that Slash couldn't eventually have done it without VR, but we don't know that he would either. Scott was the biggest reason they became relevant again, in my opinion - which in turn, got me a little salty when they scoffed at Scott trying to reunite VR when HE needed THEM.

I'd take it a little further than that... Scott definitely helped slash and the other guys in VR stay relevant, but they also helped Scott. Together VR was appealing to a whole new generation of kids. VR brought attention to the STP catalog as well as the GnR catalog which a lot of kids in the last 10 years may not have appreciated so much.

I totally agree with what you typed out, I just wanted to take it a little further after reading that.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 06:41:36 PM by seattlesound »

Westenn

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: December 28, 2015, 06:46:01 PM »
At what point did Tommy Black come into Scott's life? Scott's health seemed to take a noticeable nosedive after his split from VR in 2008 and it could of course be coincidental but isn't that around the same time he started hanging around with Black?
From what I can gather Tommy appears to be a drug addict and an alcoholic himself and probably the last person in the world Scott should've been hanging with. I know Scott ultimately made his own decisions but as I've said before he wouldn't have needed much encouragement and when your bassist is bringing packages of coke onto the tour bus and suggesting you hit the bars to get wasted every night I think the temptation was too much for poor Scott.

Well, like I said before, I’m pretty sure it was Tommy that night at The Mansion in South Beach on September 2009.  The infamous “seizure show”.  Even though Scott was in another room from where We were, there was “stuff” there, so whether Tommy had involvement in it at the time or not for sure the temptation was there especially after Doug left.  Also, for sure STP/VR did a better job of “looking after him” cuz they really did care about Scott.  I can’t believe the man needed a 24 hour caregiver cuz the one thing Scott didn’t care about was his health. 

So w/ STP/VR the man survived 20 years, under the Circle of Weildabouts, two members died in less than 3 years.  That’s the reality and everybody can say that Scott made his own decisions but being w/ those ppl cost him his life.  One thing in the “Weildabouts Circle of Death” they can live w/ for the rest of their lives is knowing that they found other things were more important than saving another human beings life.  They had time to save him.  Him having the flu should have been the time when the band members should have told him to go home.  His wife who visited him just before he died could have said enough is enough, but no one did.  They all left him on the bus………………
  8) :-* :'(

And I Got U 2 Paint the Roses on My Grave

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: December 28, 2015, 07:40:04 PM »
Yeah I mean I don't know how stubborn Scott was and maybe the band (minus enabler/addict Tommy) WERE telling him to take it easy and to look after himself behind closed doors but I just find it crazy that WE all potentially saw this coming and were worried about him but those closest to him, including his wife, just let the show go on?!
I know for a fact if I was in that band with him I would NOT have been drinking or doing drugs with or around Scott Weiland for a start and I would have also been telling him that he didn't look well and needed to take time off regardless of how that affected my income, if you truly care for someone their health comes first. This is why VR, STP and even Doug couldn't be around him anymore, they couldn't allow themselves to just turn a blind eye to him basically killing himself. Sadly I guess it turns out those guys were his true friends even though he couldn't see it.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 07:43:00 PM by CagedTiger »

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: December 28, 2015, 07:47:24 PM »

Agreed, I'm not trying to marginalize Scott's impact on VR, I'm just saying Slash, Duff, etc had more opportunities available for them in a post-Scott world than the Wildabouts did (including reuniting the original GNR, which seems to be gaining more and more traction), and as a result, had less to lose by pushing back against Scott or telling him like it is. Eventually, it just all became too much and they cut ties with him.

The Wildabouts were more or less replaceable, so when one guy couldn't handle it anymore, Scott let him pack his bags and brought in Joey who either didn't mind or didn't notice. That was the advantage Scott had with having his own band, he could handpick people who, while talented, would be willing to put up with his shit for the opportunity to play with him.

It was less the "lack of a support group" but lack of a group of people who felt they could stand up to him.
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: December 28, 2015, 08:13:36 PM »
It wouldn't make the loss any less sad to deal with but somehow if his heart had just given out due to years of abuse it might have been somewhat more acceptable (for lack of a better word). Despite having a cause, it would almost feel accidental, instead of him losing his life one night, all alone on a bus in the cold winter because he was mixing chemicals...chemicals that he argued he had been clean from. 
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

Jukebox Casualty

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: December 29, 2015, 01:26:03 AM »
So w/ STP/VR the man survived 20 years, under the Circle of Weildabouts, two members died in less than 3 years.  That’s the reality and everybody can say that Scott made his own decisions but being w/ those ppl cost him his life.

If everything you say is true, and we agree except about the above quote, then the above is true as well. Scott chose people who didn't push him about his behavior over those who prodded, screamed, begged and pleaded with him to get help. He was a sick man who made his choices about the company he kept. No one forced him to employ those people. He deserves our forgiveness for that and everything else. In a way, shifting the lion's share of blame to other merely minimizes the tragedy. I can understand why we want that, but it moves further away from objective truth.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: December 29, 2015, 01:33:44 AM »
It wouldn't make the loss any less sad to deal with but somehow if his heart had just given out due to years of abuse it might have been somewhat more acceptable (for lack of a better word). Despite having a cause, it would almost feel accidental, instead of him losing his life one night, all alone on a bus in the cold winter because he was mixing chemicals...chemicals that he argued he had been clean from. 

I know what you're saying. It just upsets and angers me to go on his Wikipedia page now and read "Scott Richard Weiland WAS an American musician, singer and songwriter" in past tense and then read "Cause of death - Accidental overdose of cocaine, ethanol, and methylenedioxyamphetamine".
It just makes the whole thing harder to swallow, like how the hell was this allowed to happen?? I realise if his heart had've just given in to all the years of drug and alcohol abuse we'd still be in the same position and Scott wouldn't be here but it's the fact he accidentally OD'd whilst surrounded by people who supposedly cared about him that irks me the most. Despite his past troubles with addiction it still feels like he was taken too early and it wasn't supposed to end like this, even though realistically it could've ended many years ago :(

FuzzyDunlop

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: January 06, 2016, 08:04:35 AM »
Some details have emerged on the discovery of Scott's dead body that day. :(

A transcript of the 911 call made by bandmates of rocker Scott Weiland depicts their anguish upon realizing that their frontman was dead after efforts to rouse him from sleep on their tour bus failed.

Tour manager Aaron Mohler went to check on Weiland after bandmates received a call from Weiland’s wife, photographer Jamie Weiland, who was concerned because she hadn’t heard from him. Mohler entered the bus outside the Country Inn & Suites at the Mall of America, where Weiland appeared to be sleeping in his bedroom, according to the police report.

Weiland was usually a heavy sleeper, so Mohler shook him, then removed the pillow from under his head. Mohler couldn’t feel Weiland breathing and called drummer Joseph Castillo onto the bus for help. Neither man could wake him, and they called 911.

“I, I think he’s dead,” one of the men told dispatchers Dec. 3. “He’s not moving. He’s stiff, his whole …”

Dispatchers asked if a defibrillator was available. The caller said the band did not carry one on the bus. Instructions were then given to attempt chest compressions.

The caller says Weiland’s body is rigid and that he is not breathing.

“I mean, he’s like hard as a rock right now, not moving,” he said in a 911 transcript released Tuesday by Bloomington police. “ ... there’s no breath. There’s no nothing.”

http://www.startribune.com/911-call-reveals-fear-shock-of-bandmates-who-found-weiland-s-body/364318341/

Sad how the extent of the drug use seemed to be common knowledge with everyone and Tommy wasn't even initially surprised about what happened.

Band and crew told police Weiland had been drinking vodka and tequila quite heavily, was taking the heroin-blocker Suboxone, and prescriptions. They also said he used cocaine as recently as a week before his deaths, and took the drug, molly, a day or two before his death.

In a statement, an investigator wrote, "All of the band members and its entourage were visibly upset" but longtime Weiland friend and band member Thomas Black, said he was also "not surprised that Weiland had died."

http://www.fox9.com/news/69432309-story

EsemJayes

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: January 06, 2016, 09:26:20 AM »
Some details have emerged on the discovery of Scott's dead body that day. :(

A transcript of the 911 call made by bandmates of rocker Scott Weiland depicts their anguish upon realizing that their frontman was dead after efforts to rouse him from sleep on their tour bus failed.

Tour manager Aaron Mohler went to check on Weiland after bandmates received a call from Weiland’s wife, photographer Jamie Weiland, who was concerned because she hadn’t heard from him. Mohler entered the bus outside the Country Inn & Suites at the Mall of America, where Weiland appeared to be sleeping in his bedroom, according to the police report.

Weiland was usually a heavy sleeper, so Mohler shook him, then removed the pillow from under his head. Mohler couldn’t feel Weiland breathing and called drummer Joseph Castillo onto the bus for help. Neither man could wake him, and they called 911.

“I, I think he’s dead,” one of the men told dispatchers Dec. 3. “He’s not moving. He’s stiff, his whole …”

Dispatchers asked if a defibrillator was available. The caller said the band did not carry one on the bus. Instructions were then given to attempt chest compressions.

The caller says Weiland’s body is rigid and that he is not breathing.

“I mean, he’s like hard as a rock right now, not moving,” he said in a 911 transcript released Tuesday by Bloomington police. “ ... there’s no breath. There’s no nothing.”

http://www.startribune.com/911-call-reveals-fear-shock-of-bandmates-who-found-weiland-s-body/364318341/
Sad how the extent of the drug use seemed to be common knowledge with everyone and Tommy wasn't even initially surprised about what happened.

Band and crew told police Weiland had been drinking vodka and tequila quite heavily, was taking the heroin-blocker Suboxone, and prescriptions. They also said he used cocaine as recently as a week before his deaths, and took the drug, molly, a day or two before his death.

In a statement, an investigator wrote, "All of the band members and its entourage were visibly upset" but longtime Weiland friend and band member Thomas Black, said he was also "not surprised that Weiland had died."

http://www.fox9.com/news/69432309-story

You know what that tells me about Tommy Black? That he's not surprised that Scott died because he knew he was doing things that could possibly lead to his death. Since it seems pretty obvious that he knowingly did unhealthy and potentially deadly things with Scott, I think he's a shitty person.

I think I'm a pretty good judge of character and I never liked that guy and this validates that view. I know, I know, Scott is the only one to blame for is addiction, but that doesn't change the fact that Tommy is a bad person.