September 28, 2024, 04:27:15 PM

Author Topic: Scott Weiland found Dead  (Read 94940 times)

Xylonjay

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Weiland found Dead
« Reply #480 on: December 22, 2015, 05:57:40 PM »
An interesting party has just contacted me, and if things work out we should have a great tribute for Scott on Alternative Nation in a few days with some things fans never knew before about Scott's career.

Brett, is this tribute you mentioned the "Incense and Candles" tribute that was posted by Dean, Robert and Eric yesterday?

Thanks for keeping us updated, it's appreciated.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #481 on: December 22, 2015, 08:05:25 PM »
An interesting party has just contacted me, and if things work out we should have a great tribute for Scott on Alternative Nation in a few days with some things fans never knew before about Scott's career.

Brett, is this tribute you mentioned the "Incense and Candles" tribute that was posted by Dean, Robert and Eric yesterday?

No this is something else.  It'll be happening sometime soon, just got to find right time since it'll actually be in person.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: December 22, 2015, 09:06:58 PM »
Sounds great!

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 22, 2015, 10:23:47 PM »
I was just reading some of your posts.  People deal with all aspects of life differently, especially grief.  There have been some divisions on this board, namely camp Deleo vs. camp Scott. But what unites us all on this board is that at one time there was an amazing rock band called Stone Temple Pilots; and even though we don't necessarily agree on at what point that band may or may not have died, we all fell in love with a band that included Eric, Robert, Dean, and Scott.

I'm sure Dean does regret some of the things he said, and I can only hope he privately got to make peace with Scott before his passing. If he didn't, egos aside, rest assured he probably will live with guilt over it for the rest of his life. I say that knowing that I sure would if I were in his shoes and an old friend passed away. 

Yes, some of us including myself have said some fairly critical things about Scott on here before.  I want to again say though that all of us are from different back grounds and we all deal with life in different ways. I tend to be understanding only to a point and then I am more of a tough love type.  Stone Temple Pilots were some of my most sacred of rock heroes who inspired me to try my hand at the stage myself.  Scott Weiland was my biggest influence in terms of stage presence and what I took from him regarding that.  I hold these guys to high standards in terms of their music based on past output and performances.  I've seen how great they can be when they're on.

Just because someone is critical at times doesn't make anyone a Scott hater by any means.  Again, we're all here cause we love this band.  We wanted to see more music from them, we wanted to see them succeed. These were our heroes. A lot of my criticisms, like many others', stem from countless let downs and frustrations. The anger over all that could have been.

The perspective from my shoes is that things didn't HAVE to go down the way they did. STP could have put out more records, better records, and still have been amazing. Mom and dad didn't have to get divorced here. Scott's skills and health didn't have to decline over time.  But that's not what happened at all. Scott let himself slowly slip away and that angers me so much because I slowly watched my rock hero, the ultimate chameleon, the guy who could command any audience, control any stage, write and sing the best melodies, I watched that hero wither away into someone almost unrecognizable most of the time.  I wished someone who could actually get through to him would have stopped kissing his ass for a second to stand up to him and say "dude you have all the talent in the world, you have kids, you have reasons to live, what the fuck are you doing?" Then again, maybe he alienated those who did. I don't know.

The poor guy was slowly becoming a shadow of himself ever since his second divorce and the writing was on the wall after Libertad failed commercially. The last 8 years have been tough to swallow,  especially the last 3, and yet we were all here watching it before our eyes.

I remember hot button incidents in this last year like the Corpus Christi show and how they'd trigger so many polarized responses on here. We all fought over if something was wrong or not and now we payed the ultimate price to have our answer.

I didn't make fun of Richard Patrick when he called out Scott. As much as I don't necessarily really care much for Richard Patrick or his band I can admit the dude wasn't wrong.  Maybe there should have been more Richard Patricks out there saying the same thing. 

I don't blame Tommy Black for Scott's death. He isn't a babysitter. Scott was a grown man. That doesn't mean that I don't think Tommy is a coattail riding sleaze bag enabler though.

I dunno guys. Here we are a few weeks later and the reality still is killing me and I'm still super angry. Angry because deep inside as critical as I may have been at times I still had hope. I still had hope that things could be different, but with death comes the end of those hopes.

Having been close to addicts for most of my life I know addiction is a multi-dimensional battle and that there really is no easy solution for its demons. I also have been the one to have been directly let down and frustrated as a result of an addict's choices numerous times so maybe that only fuels my frustrations further.

Just know we're all here because we all share a love for the magic this band possessed. Scott was a part of those 6 albums and we all loved at least some portion of his life's work which we have as his legacy. That's why we're all here.

Xylonjay

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: December 22, 2015, 10:41:19 PM »

No this is something else.  It'll be happening sometime soon, just got to find right time since it'll actually be in person.

Cool. I'll be looking forward to it.

Drew06

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: December 25, 2015, 02:15:05 AM »
This interview was just in 2014, look at how well he is speaking and looking healthy here. Don't think I've ever seen someone age and have their speech go downhill so quickly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CSc2Gepmwk

DrLymphNode

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: December 25, 2015, 02:36:59 AM »
Im wondering if maybe it would be best to lock this thread; the news is long past the initial shock phase and all the necessary info relevant to things surrounding his passing (tributes, etc) have their own threads. Coming on here and seeing "scott weiland found dead" every day in recent threads is a little disheartening at this point.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: December 25, 2015, 06:43:57 AM »
Im wondering if maybe it would be best to lock this thread; the news is long past the initial shock phase and all the necessary info relevant to things surrounding his passing (tributes, etc) have their own threads. Coming on here and seeing "scott weiland found dead" every day in recent threads is a little disheartening at this point.

I think its okay to leave it open still, and probably forever unless it turns to a crapfest full of negativity and arguing against each other.. People are still grieving, and will be for quite some time. It's a place where people can go to talk about their feelings about the matter and what not.

I still wake up every day wondering if it's real, if Scott Weiland is really dead, if it's all some sort of sick joke. My grandpa died at 49, so somebody who has abused hard drugs for most of their adult life shouldn't get to me like this. But it does.....
Bleeda blooda

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 25, 2015, 02:28:45 PM »
Andrew nailed it on the head.

Aylin

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Whadayawannano?
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: December 25, 2015, 07:46:39 PM »
This interview was just in 2014, look at how well he is speaking and looking healthy here. Don't think I've ever seen someone age and have their speech go downhill so quickly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CSc2Gepmwk

Unfortunately there were ups and downs constantly the last 5 years or so. Even before this video, the reunion and even his solo album release, and especially I remember during his clothing line promos, he sounded awful. But for this interview, it must have been a happy period for him.

We talked so much of "overweight" Scott, and "out of it" Scott and "drunk" Scott over the years. It seems like each month for him was a struggle with his dark side. It's good to see this interview but whos to say he wasn't sounding at his worst just a couple of days before this😔
So keep your bankroll lottery eat your salad day deathbed motorcade

coo2

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: December 25, 2015, 08:25:51 PM »
Does anyone have the full 120 Minutes interview (1998) from Scott?

There's a two minute clip, and the performance of Son, on Youtube-- would love to see the entire interview.

psyche

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: December 25, 2015, 09:16:28 PM »
sorry i don't know anyone on here.  i'm fan since first album borrowed it from classmate in HS on cassette blew me freakin away period.

but it is amazing to see this many supporters on here.

RIP Scott Weiland

Sad Daisy Girl

• Danielle
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #492 on: December 26, 2015, 04:38:47 AM »

I must say. Since my brother and I saw Scott Weiland and the Wildabouts in Niagara Falls 2013, I had to stop following watching after that

The week before he died I started wondering what he looked like, where he was.

As a person with heart problems myself. I thought he always looked like he was just waking up or retaining water.

http://youtu.be/I5d_QHOGcW8

This video to me is so disturbing. His eyes barely move from right to left and he is a shell of a person I've never seen before. The toxicology reports say what they will. But who knows the quantity that was in him.

I remember posting on the old bbs.

I transitioned from Spice Girls to STP and I was 11 years old when I started posting

I knew this day was coming but it kills me. I feel like I'm on a state of depression because of this.

This rented "tour bus" was shared with Nikki Six. Scott always got off on coming close to death and surviving. Doug I know loved him but got out when he knew things were bad.

We can't blame the people that were around him. Especially Doug. It was a relationship he was, "no longer able to sustain".

This photo haunts me though:
http://www.alternativenation.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/weilandfinalphoto.jpg
Stone Temple Pilots: 5.20.08, 8.22.10, 7.19.11, 8.10.11, 9.7.11

BoingThis

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: December 27, 2015, 08:17:48 AM »
When I first found out Scott died, I thought it might be a hoax, so even though I felt like bursting out in tears, I held them back cuz I'd feel dumb if it wasn't true.  Now I kinda wish I could've let it all out when I found out.  I'm just glad we had him as long as we did and we have all of the great music he left behind.  I didn't even know about Art Of Anarchy until recently.  (I guess he did a good job of not promoting it.)  I'm glad it came out before he died instead of it being whored out just cuz he died.  And Blaster is a great final album, it would be more sad if his last albums were terrible, but they were all great till the end.  :)

Huckleberry

• Ground Personnel
  • Wish you were here....
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: December 27, 2015, 10:12:41 AM »
When i found out about the news, just minutes after it went on twitter, i felt absolutely devastated. We all knew this could be coming, sooner or later, but still... a talent, one of the voices of my generation, a guy who's moves and endeavors (good or bad) i constantly followed on the internet, gone.

I fell in love with the Velvet Revolver-Weiland, right from the start of that band, and slowly got STP and his solo-work under my skin. Saw VR 3 times, STP 2 times (2000 and 2012). Checked out hundreds of You-tube-clips through the years. Got all his records, STP, VR and solo (except for the christmass-one). Well, its all we've got now, but it's a lot. Great music, a lot of great vids (forget about the bad ones, they're in minority anyway....) and for a lot of us on this forum; great memories of seeing and hearing Scott live.
Let's keep the memory, the talent, the music alive! A great 2016 for you all!