October 03, 2024, 12:26:25 AM

Author Topic: Scott Weiland found Dead  (Read 95683 times)

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Weiland found Dead
« Reply #450 on: December 19, 2015, 02:29:42 PM »
I don't know if this applies to MDA, but you can't take MDMA too often. It takes about a week for the brain's serotonin system to fully come back to baseline after a dose. Trying to use sooner than that will yield a depressingly shorter and weaker effect. Not to mention the time in between is depressing as hell anyways, because your brain can't process your happy chemicals properly. I know MDA works very similarly, I just don't know what the timeline is for it. Regardless, it's not the kind of drug you want to be taking in the middle of a tour.

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 19, 2015, 02:40:17 PM »
IMO, Scott's drug use was part of the fabric.  Do we get Purple and Tiny Music without him living on the edge?  12BB?  Slither, Set Me Free?  The heartbreak and pain in every song was caused by or directly related to his drug use.  Sour Girl, Down.  Adhesive, Vasoline, Jeez every song. 

To those that have and continue to dissect his addiction, I think it's time to relish what he left us.  All great things come to an end.  It was a fucking awesome ride.  Can't imagine my life w/out it.   

Matthew

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 19, 2015, 03:43:18 PM »
Amen man. It was an awesome ride.
STP: A bunch.

STPDRU

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 19, 2015, 04:42:05 PM »
I agree, it's all in his lyrics throughout so many albums/songs. Scott & STP were the best, I'm crankin' it up this weekend.
First Show: November 4, 1996 Universal Amphitheater-Los Angeles
Last Show: November 4, 2015 Anaheim House of Blues

Had the time of my life in between. Thank You Scott

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: December 19, 2015, 04:45:47 PM »
IMO, Scott's drug use was part of the fabric.  Do we get Purple and Tiny Music without him living on the edge?  12BB?  Slither, Set Me Free?  The heartbreak and pain in every song was caused by or directly related to his drug use.  Sour Girl, Down.  Adhesive, Vasoline, Jeez every song. 

To those that have and continue to dissect his addiction, I think it's time to relish what he left us.  All great things come to an end.  It was a fucking awesome ride.  Can't imagine my life w/out it.   

You're absolutely right. But I do understand the disection.
As sad as we all are, there's a feeling of anger that this seemingly was self-inflicted and happened in a manner that (we believe) could've been avoided.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #455 on: December 19, 2015, 08:48:26 PM »
In regards to unreleased stuff, how about seeing the "Happy" video that was shot in 2006?

http://belowempty.com/pictures.php?do=showgallery&cat=solo_projects&band=scott_weiland&type=candids&p=2006&id=759

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 19, 2015, 08:54:29 PM »
Also the Scott Weiland Behind the Music.  Not even Doug Grean knew why it was shelved.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 08:56:28 PM by Lazy Divey »

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: December 19, 2015, 09:04:43 PM »
The way these toxicology reports work is that they test for specific things. It's possible that they didn't test for his bi-polar meds because they wouldn't impact the ultimate report. It's also possible they tested for them and didn't find anything. It's also possible they tested for them, found them in his system, but they didn't contribute. There is no magic test for everything.

As far as Scott goes, I am beginning to think he only ever had two significant stints where he was clean--No. 4-era and Contraband-era. Otherwise, it was either a short stint, he kept drinking, or he was keeping his use under control.

I saw Scott during the No. 4 tour and he was amazing. He was still great during the SLDD tours, but from what I understand he was already dabbling by the time that album came out, maybe even while it was being recorded. For the 2008 reunion, when I saw them on Kimmel after the Houdini Mansion performance, I knew Scott wasn't 'sober.' And while he may have had stretches, nothing lasted significantly.

If I had to guess, I think it was the death of his brother that was the beginning of the end. I mean, less than a year later he was arrested for a DUI under the influence of drugs. A year later he was looking at a quick rehab stint, then he left/was fired from VR, and less than a week later was doing the Houdini show with STP. Nothing ever stuck significantly.

And as I mentioned before, the common denominator between those two sober eras is time off. He went to jail in August 1999, and the STP tour didn't start til May 2000. Sure there was radio appearances and the acoustic tour, but nothing like a normal tour. Scott was arrested in May 2003, he approached Duff about martial arts, and it was a year before the Contraband tour started.

Contrast that with a short February '08 rehab stint, playing your last show with VR, then doing STP a week later and there was never similar downtime again where his sobriety was being cared for.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 09:09:01 PM by lovemachine97 »

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #458 on: December 19, 2015, 09:27:34 PM »
The way these toxicology reports work is that they test for specific things. It's possible that they didn't test for his bi-polar meds because they wouldn't impact the ultimate report. It's also possible they tested for them and didn't find anything. It's also possible they tested for them, found them in his system, but they didn't contribute. There is no magic test for everything.

As far as Scott goes, I am beginning to think he only ever had two significant stints where he was clean--No. 4-era and Contraband-era. Otherwise, it was either a short stint, he kept drinking, or he was keeping his use under control.

I saw Scott during the No. 4 tour and he was amazing. He was still great during the SLDD tours, but from what I understand he was already dabbling by the time that album came out, maybe even while it was being recorded. For the 2008 reunion, when I saw them on Kimmel after the Houdini Mansion performance, I knew Scott wasn't 'sober.' And while he may have had stretches, nothing lasted significantly.

If I had to guess, I think it was the death of his brother that was the beginning of the end. I mean, less than a year later he was arrested for a DUI under the influence of drugs. A year later he was looking at a quick rehab stint, then he left/was fired from VR, and less than a week later was doing the Houdini show with STP. Nothing ever stuck significantly.

And as I mentioned before, the common denominator between those two sober eras is time off. He went to jail in August 1999, and the STP tour didn't start til May 2000. Sure there was radio appearances and the acoustic tour, but nothing like a normal tour. Scott was arrested in May 2003, he approached Duff about martial arts, and it was a year before the Contraband tour started.

Contrast that with a short February '08 rehab stint, playing your last show with VR, then doing STP a week later and there was never similar downtime again where his sobriety was being cared for.

Scott didn't tour much at all in 2012.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 19, 2015, 11:07:01 PM »

Scott didn't tour much at all in 2012.

I think maybe I buried my point. He made a whole-hearted attempt to get clean after his release from jail in January 2000. But he'd been clean since August when he went to jail. He had 3 months on his own, then a short, small, acoustic tour amongst random gigs, and then there wasn't a full tour until May 2000, roughly 9 months later. He also had a sober coach on the No. 4 tour. That = significant sobriety time.

In 2003, rehab was court ordered when he was arrested 3 weeks after telling Slash he wanted to get clean before going all in with VR (as documented in the VH1 show). He had also approached Duff about martial arts, and the whole band, as well as Duff, was helping him. VR didn't tour for a year after that. That = significant sobriety time.

Point being, he wanted to get sober, he made real attempts at it, had help, and was given time. Juxtapose that to a tiny, tiny stint in rehab in February 2008, finishing out with VR, then immediately getting into bed with STP (and I don't think any of us are fooled that he wasn't on something as the reunion started).

Unless Scott had made a real attempt at getting sober in 2012, I am not sure it matters he didn't tour much. Remember, as I am sure you do, in the STP complaint against Scott, they claimed, "In 2012, the band performed a limited number of tour dates . . . During the 2012 tour, Weiland's behavior began to seriously harm the band. Weiland was repeatedly one to to hours late for ive performances; sometimes he caused them to be canceled altogether. He missed promotional appearances and disrupted other band activities. Weiland's behavior even escalated to the point where he even refused to have any direct communication with his fellow band members."

While he may not have toured much in 2012, that doesn't strike me as someone making an attempt to get sober and given time and help to do so.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 11:10:37 PM by lovemachine97 »

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: December 20, 2015, 10:41:51 AM »
Apparently Tommy Black will not be charged with possession, as the police could not prove the coke belonged to him.

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: December 20, 2015, 11:32:55 AM »
In regards to unreleased stuff, how about seeing the "Happy" video that was shot in 2006?

http://belowempty.com/pictures.php?do=showgallery&cat=solo_projects&band=scott_weiland&type=candids&p=2006&id=759
The video was shot, but Rocco never finished its post-production.
Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

Jukebox Casualty

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: December 20, 2015, 09:19:40 PM »
Newbie. Glad to be here.

Celebrity culture seldom touches me. The affairs, arrests, public meltdowns, stints in rehab, and frequent comebacks often dominating our social discourse isn't grist for my mill. Scott's death is different for me. It resonated more deeply than I thought possible. I'm forty and he died at forty eight. We shared similar personal histories - addiction, mental illness, a wont for glamourizing self-destructive behavior, alienation. He left two kids behind; I have two little girls, ages three and five. Weiland and STP entered my life when I first heard "Sex Type Thing" on MTV's Headbanger's Ball. I saw myself then as crossing some shadow line demarcating youth from adulthood and STP's music played a huge role in that soundtrack. It's a little mind blowing to realize I've heard him singing for more than half my life. RIP.

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #463 on: December 20, 2015, 09:34:22 PM »

The video was shot, but Rocco never finished its post-production.

Time to finish it!

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: December 21, 2015, 09:23:51 PM »
reading back on these posts in blows my mind how even in the face of hard facts/evidence so many of you are still naive and living a fairy-tale with regard to Scott's drug use. He used coke extensively throughout the 2008 tour. I know that second hand. Since then, I'm guessing he's gone in and out of using. He had a seizure a few years back... and he's not epileptic. You do the math.

He's a junkie. I know he's "said" he was clean, but have you looked at him? Have you heard him speak/sing? Junkies are liars. He never got clean. He just kicked heroine. Otherwise, he was a complete mess. It's incredible he lived this long. This unfortunate ending was due any moment.

My hope is that he's found ultimate serenity and peace. I do believe in the afterlife and my prayer is that Scott is now free of his demons, no longer living with the pressure to provide and create music that lives up to the incredible standard he created and that his family can find forgiveness and acceptance. I don't feel like I'm responsible for "feeding the monster" that society creates for mentally ill people like Scott but I concede the beautiful art he created likely wasn't worth the end game. Scott might disagree.

RIP and thanks for the ride.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 09:26:41 PM by JugeSTP »