July 08, 2024, 09:34:25 AM

Author Topic: Scott Weiland found Dead  (Read 86328 times)

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Weiland found Dead
« Reply #420 on: December 19, 2015, 01:51:19 AM »
Damn scott and the band sounded really good in this video. The ending is great, Nick is extremely talented. Scott passing in the summer would have been much less surprising judging by those performances. Very odd scotts best shows of 2015 appeared to be the ones right before he died.

https://youtu.be/QrpUIVPphLc

I hate to say it but perhaps he had more energy in the final shows due to taking 'pick me ups' prior to going on stage... Cocaine and MDA would both give you energy I'm guessing. They're 'party drugs' after all.
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

no morbid silence

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
    • my band smilex (big STP fans)
« Reply #421 on: December 19, 2015, 02:46:17 AM »
An interesting comment left on Brett's site, under the Joe Howard post . Someone who was "there" , says the police should be talking to 3 people in Scott's circle about what went down the last 10 days of his life, especially his last . And that most of this should come out in the months ahead ?!?!

hi, not sure if i should say this as i'm a newbie and don't want to cause any upset, if there is any truth to any of it or even if it is appropriate to be saying since it's ind of none of my business (and only the business of those involved).
i thought i should share if i did have anything to add that maybe of use/heIp and feeI odd not mentioning it...

so when the new first came out and over the whole weekend, i was watching, no bingeing on scott related videos, even some of the bad recent ones, in a way i guess making sense of things piecing bits together from here and comments on youtube as to when he had, if he had and how bad at what point in terms of how far he had faIIen off the wagon. (some of my buttons are not working on my computer so excuse some weird use of buttons i.e. use of II and stuff). anyway on the video of scott playing vasoIine at his Last show i toronto - which i now can;t find but instead a more recentIy uploaded one with far less views and comments, and certainly not the comments i read that day...

one of them was commenting on a blonde at the front waving her camera around and such right at the front...
a repIy said (and i'm sorry i can;t be more specific - at the time i was only 1/2 digesting things and this was 2 weeks or whatever ago now) that it was her fault and that he could not ta the guilt or something
the next comment said something to the effect of 'thanks for saying that - i thought the same thing'
anyway - i was on my friends FB after (i don't have my own so wanted to see what people were saying in general online about scott and post a few videos on my band site of us covering STP songs and stuff) - i came across the same video by the original uploader (i give a this info incase anyone wants to try to re-trace my vague footprints). on that videos comments someone was saying the same thing about the camera (no 'she's guilty' comments on this one) and the uploader responded she was a hardcore scott fan and seen him 100's of times. curiosity got the best of me and i searched her on FB - there was a picture of her tommy, her dar haired friend and scott sitting together either from the bar or the bus (my intiaI thought was they were on the tourbus but could be just meet and greet in the bar as i was already seeing things through this detective going for clues filter) i feeI a bit weird even saying about this spying on FB as it's exactly one of the reasons i'm not down with the whoIe FB thing. anyway she is a modeI and an animaI over and seemed perfectIy nice and very sad and showed about scott's death saying how blessed she was to meet him that night.

[size=78%]so i feeI bad even bringing the speculation that she was a 3rd person potentially involved but it is [/size]possible[size=78%] that those comments on youtube had some weight and that maybe [/size]the partying sans wife for 8/9 days on other things involved some groupie shenanigans that Left scott extra Low with guilt and alone doing bad things? or it could have just been the under 100 tickets soId for the 1000 seater? or both? anyway i have a horrible feeling someone is going to be the Lady in question and i have screwed up royally - in which case i shaII do the right thing, apologise and Leave the group. i just tried in vain to find the comments and i've not access to FB to verify anything right now. i guess it's for the best i do not remember the names as i don't want to accuse anyone of anything really... just mention what i saw and what i speculated in case it is any heIp for those who were trying to piece things together. i hope i am not Leading anyone down a rabbithoIe or trashing scott's name. r.i.p :-(
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 02:47:57 AM by no morbid silence »
You play the game,
I'll masturbate and sing a lullaby...

Flyingmerpa

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: December 19, 2015, 03:09:39 AM »
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 08:39:22 PM by Flyingmerpa »

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: December 19, 2015, 03:14:01 AM »

no morbid silence

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: December 19, 2015, 03:22:51 AM »
Cat's out of the bag now.  There is too much speculation at this point, but it may be a good idea to go through your internet history and find the FB pages/Youtube comments of those people and keep the info on hand just in case in the odd chance it turns out those people were part of something that needs criminal investigation.

unfortunateIy i delete my browsing history every few days as i'm a bit paranoid about bots etc. i have seen coach tickets go up in price after i checked prices only to go down after i deIeted my browsing history and a friend read up on stuff i don't foIIow on my computer and be bombarded by related stuff from ads for days after so i gut it often now. :-(best i can do is try to find the appropriate stuff via facebum next time i have access to it. sorry to be so vague, really. i never thought much of it at the time and feIt a bit dirty for even chasing it up as much as i did - as i stiII do honestIy.
sorry to add to any wiId speculation - really done with the best of intentions, i promise. i feIt i.e. saying something before on a different post but it feIt too raw and soon and stuff. plus this new thing really spurred me on to mention it.
You play the game,

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: December 19, 2015, 03:34:33 AM »
MDA...basically ecstasy. Would not have guessed that one.

Me neither...or cocaine for that matter. It was expected after he died because it was found on the bus, but he didn't seem to be on an upper like that one from his behavior...at least not to me. I always thought he was abusing prescription meds and mixing them with alcohol, or something like that.

Well if you've been following his interviews and performances over the last few years. You will notice that lately his interviews and performances had been more lucid and he quit with the long drawn out pauses and stutters. I was actually really impressed with his last few interviews, they were the most lucid I had heard him talk in many years.

I believe he quit taking so many downers recently, because he realized it was affecting his performances and public appearance too much, especially once it went front page with his bad vocal performance a year ago. Which goes along with people saying Scott had recently relapsed. I think he just switched to doing more uppers than he did previously and maybe quit taking so many downers and his bipolar medicine.... which if you notice they did not mention in the toxicology report, which means he had probably been off of it for a while.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 03:39:15 AM by DELEO »

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: December 19, 2015, 03:44:14 AM »
One of those last interviews. I think it was Michigan or something. He looked pretty bad. So I don't know.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

mrmojorisin

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: December 19, 2015, 03:56:40 AM »
An interesting comment left on Brett's site, under the Joe Howard post . Someone who was "there" , says the police should be talking to 3 people in Scott's circle about what went down the last 10 days of his life, especially his last . And that most of this should come out in the months ahead ?!?!

hi, not sure if i should say this as i'm a newbie and don't want to cause any upset, if there is any truth to any of it or even if it is appropriate to be saying since it's ind of none of my business (and only the business of those involved).
i thought i should share if i did have anything to add that maybe of use/heIp and feeI odd not mentioning it...

so when the new first came out and over the whole weekend, i was watching, no bingeing on scott related videos, even some of the bad recent ones, in a way i guess making sense of things piecing bits together from here and comments on youtube as to when he had, if he had and how bad at what point in terms of how far he had faIIen off the wagon. (some of my buttons are not working on my computer so excuse some weird use of buttons i.e. use of II and stuff). anyway on the video of scott playing vasoIine at his Last show i toronto - which i now can;t find but instead a more recentIy uploaded one with far less views and comments, and certainly not the comments i read that day...

one of them was commenting on a blonde at the front waving her camera around and such right at the front...
a repIy said (and i'm sorry i can;t be more specific - at the time i was only 1/2 digesting things and this was 2 weeks or whatever ago now) that it was her fault and that he could not ta the guilt or something
the next comment said something to the effect of 'thanks for saying that - i thought the same thing'
anyway - i was on my friends FB after (i don't have my own so wanted to see what people were saying in general online about scott and post a few videos on my band site of us covering STP songs and stuff) - i came across the same video by the original uploader (i give a this info incase anyone wants to try to re-trace my vague footprints). on that videos comments someone was saying the same thing about the camera (no 'she's guilty' comments on this one) and the uploader responded she was a hardcore scott fan and seen him 100's of times. curiosity got the best of me and i searched her on FB - there was a picture of her tommy, her dar haired friend and scott sitting together either from the bar or the bus (my intiaI thought was they were on the tourbus but could be just meet and greet in the bar as i was already seeing things through this detective going for clues filter) i feeI a bit weird even saying about this spying on FB as it's exactly one of the reasons i'm not down with the whoIe FB thing. anyway she is a modeI and an animaI over and seemed perfectIy nice and very sad and showed about scott's death saying how blessed she was to meet him that night.

[size=78%]so i feeI bad even bringing the speculation that she was a 3rd person potentially involved but it is [/size]possible[size=78%] that those comments on youtube had some weight and that maybe [/size]the partying sans wife for 8/9 days on other things involved some groupie shenanigans that Left scott extra Low with guilt and alone doing bad things? or it could have just been the under 100 tickets soId for the 1000 seater? or both? anyway i have a horrible feeling someone is going to be the Lady in question and i have screwed up royally - in which case i shaII do the right thing, apologise and Leave the group. i just tried in vain to find the comments and i've not access to FB to verify anything right now. i guess it's for the best i do not remember the names as i don't want to accuse anyone of anything really... just mention what i saw and what i speculated in case it is any heIp for those who were trying to piece things together. i hope i am not Leading anyone down a rabbithoIe or trashing scott's name. r.i.p :-(
i think the comment you are talking about Scott not being able to take the guilt was in regards of someone being a smartass saying Scott probably died because he had sex with the blonde chick and couldn't live with the guilt cuz she was sorta of a fat chick. Obviously the guy was being purely sarcastic.
Too much walkin shoes worn thin  Too trippin and my souls worn thin

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #428 on: December 19, 2015, 04:01:46 AM »
MDA...basically ecstasy. Would not have guessed that one.

Me neither...or cocaine for that matter. It was expected after he died because it was found on the bus, but he didn't seem to be on an upper like that one from his behavior...at least not to me. I always thought he was abusing prescription meds and mixing them with alcohol, or something like that.

Well if you've been following his interviews and performances over the last few years. You will notice that lately his interviews and performances had been more lucid and he quit with the long drawn out pauses and stutters. I was actually really impressed with his last few interviews, they were the most lucid I had heard him talk in many years.

I believe he quit taking so many downers recently, because he realized it was affecting his performances and public appearance too much, especially once it went front page with his bad vocal performance a year ago. Which goes along with people saying Scott had recently relapsed. I think he just switched to doing more uppers than he did previously and maybe quit taking so many downers and his bipolar medicine.... which if you notice they did not mention in the toxicology report, which means he had probably been off of it for a while.

I interviewed him myself, he didn't sound good or lucid.  Less pauses maybe, but that's it.

I do think the uppers improved his performance though, unfortunately.  I had thought it maybe meant he was drinking/taking his pills after the show instead of before.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: December 19, 2015, 04:07:09 AM »
It also mentioned being addicted to numerous substances as a contributing factor, which seems weird considering everything else was specific. Could this mean that it was the *withdrawal* from certain substances?

no morbid silence

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: December 19, 2015, 04:37:42 AM »

i think the comment you are talking about Scott not being able to take the guilt was in regards of someone being a smartass saying Scott probably died because he had sex with the blonde chick and couldn't live with the guilt cuz she was sorta of a fat chick. Obviously the guy was being purely sarcastic.

wow. i realIy did not get that, i did not thin she was that big and certainly not physically anything to be ashamed of (not that there is such a thing imo but whatever) from her FB when i saw it as she is just a non size 0 model and still hot (if irritating as fuck in that video tbh). i even got the vibe at Ieast one commenter was a girl (not sure what difference or why i got that vibe). i have been bouncing around the internet now and while doing so remembered two other comments - one was that 'she was his Iast performance... backstage' or something similar (i must've blocked that out). the other was on another video from an earlier gig where a dude was saying scott had got his shit together and the wiIdabouts were good for him - someone replied that tommy snorted cocaine off scott's corpse... i thought that to be metaphorical but tbh youtube comment sections are not renowned for their poetic content so again i mention it. i'm trying to retrace my steps - the video was posted by doug lewis (i thought it was vaseline but there are 4 or 5 so maybe one of the others - just going through. i can't remember what the other show was but it maybe that one where he is spaced out and holds the mic/Ioudspeaker to the amp and the guitarist is checking he is ok while tommy plays pedals? sorry can't be more help. and sorry to sound like a shit stirrer a bit. honestly not my intention at all. :-(

edit - been through all doug's videos and nothing about her is on any of them which i believe means he deleted them as i know they were there and know he knows her (check the vsealine video on his Facebook for the line about her seeing him 100 times). there's even a comment on one of them asking 'why everyone is hating on the blonde' and 'isn't that why rockstars get into it - to get the girl' but there's no mention of her anywhere. weird. and going through comments left in the last few weeks is brutal - i would not recommend it for anyone with faith in humanity. :-(
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 05:27:20 AM by no morbid silence »
You play the game,

Kingpetty

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: December 19, 2015, 04:43:31 AM »

I think he just switched to doing more uppers than he did previously and maybe quit taking so many downers and his bipolar medicine.... which if you notice they did not mention in the toxicology report, which means he had probably been off of it for a while.

Interesting. Bi-Polar meds were claimed to have been found in the initial police report, but there is no mention of them being in his system in the toxicology report. I wonder if he'd been using coke the last week, month, year ? Who knows. Well, somebody does.

It's just a shame nobody recently grabbed him by his shirt, got in his grille & told him it's now or never if you want to live. Then again, he prob. thought he was invincible or just plain didn't want to be on this earth any longer (hope this wasn't the case).
Don't chase buses or women, you always get left behind.

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: December 19, 2015, 04:46:02 AM »
Adding to what lovemachine has said, this report is saying Scott died not from taking too many drugs, but from taking a deadly combination of drugs.

He shouldn't have been mixing two powerful stimulants in coke and MDA. Add alcohol on top of that, which combines with coke to form cocaethylene, and his poor heart just couldn't handle it.

I don't wanna get into it too much though, because it seems like splitting hairs. Ultimately, he died because of his drug use. That's the frustrating part -- knowing that he didn't have to die this way.

no morbid silence

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: December 19, 2015, 05:21:58 AM »
Damn scott and the band sounded really good in this video. The ending is great, Nick is extremely talented. Scott passing in the summer would have been much less surprising judging by those performances. Very odd scotts best shows of 2015 appeared to be the ones right before he died.

https://youtu.be/QrpUIVPphLc

I hate to say it but perhaps he had more energy in the final shows due to taking 'pick me ups' prior to going on stage... Cocaine and MDA would both give you energy I'm guessing. They're 'party drugs' after all.

having performed on cocaine ,yes! - has u feeling as if u are amazing at everything ever, which sometimes can result in a great gig, vocals for energy if not always pitch (i'm a worse singer than scott to start with though tbh).
- cocaine i usually scored was rarely more than 'staying up late chatting shit at each other' powder - but when it was 'good' it was like super soldier serum for narcissists. i've never been so precocious and entitled on stage - and that's saying something...

MDMA is tantamount to an explosion of love energy inside you! if loads: just for romancing the nearest girl, boy, amp, your own body, carpet etc. writhing around, sure - but not really dancing. if just little dabs: it's way more conducive to dancing - at raves and festivals i have done this. the effect that ecstasy and MDMA have are bit different - the latter i always found too overpowering to think of playing on - like worried i would forget the words and stuff if i did. (most ecstasy pills were cheap and weak and i have played on them once too but they made me really smiley and bouncy so u can rule them out). 

not trying to sing the drugs praises btw it was a long time ago now and not done them for years ("I... DON'T... ANYMORE!") more giving u an idea - the times i did were at my own free birthday party gigs not paying shows too as i was very concerned about singing out of tune and already had a bad history for injuring myself at shows.
(also not mentioning the drawbacks - killer heart pains, bad decisions resulting in physical and emotional injury etc)

but then i have never and never could do heroin. or crack for that matter so if he did those, i have no experience...
You play the game,

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: December 19, 2015, 05:26:49 AM »
There may have been some "invincibility" in the corner of his mind.
I mean, look at his track record. He even desensitized us. It was just Scott being Scott.

But also... As I mentioned earlier (and the more I think about it, the more it makes sense....)

As Mark McGrath said: "Scott was resigned to his belief. His heroes all went through their thing, and I think he was romanced by the whole idea of addiction."

I don't doubt that there was a "rock n roll cool" factor to it. As time went on, it became more than just a dependency. in the last few years, everything really unraveled for him, both privately and professionally, and it probably became his way to numb the pain.

I really wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, I wanted to believe that this was just some recent binge, but I just can't. He was in denial. He was lying every time the question was asked...whether it was an attempt to save face or buy some time while he tried again to up his "value" so that VR or STP might come calling. By the end, he may very well have hated what he had become and maybe there was a sense of "too little, too late". Perhaps the low times were much more frequent than the high times (no pun intended) And  I'm not suggesting the overdose was intentional, but maybe the will to fight had all but blown out the window.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 05:28:23 AM by Sklashboombash »
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19