September 30, 2024, 07:25:08 PM

Author Topic: Scott Weiland found Dead  (Read 95122 times)

cosmicpilot

• Flowery Bad Girl
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Weiland found Dead
« Reply #225 on: December 05, 2015, 11:10:09 PM »

Fuck. Tried to post something but all I can do is cry. Feel so powerless, I don't even have the courage to listen to his music.

You're grieving, allow yourself (if you can) to process all the emotions and the natural process to your speed.  This in the modern world has tried to be sped up, but do it in your own time, we are all here for you if you need a cyber hug.
"Robert DeLeo is right there with him in the pocket, accenting the groove with his thick baselines (while exuding a stage presence midway between CIA agent, Mafia hit man, Latin gigolo and dance instructor, thanks to his slicked-back hair, ever-present shades and fluid moves)"
Darryl Sterdan - The winnipeg Sun

Strange-Content

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 06, 2015, 02:06:43 AM »
Knowing he's gone is still unbelievable, in a way. I think we all had a feeling he wouldn't make it to fifty, but that doesn't mean we were prepared. A friend of mine passed away from an overdose last month. I cried over Scott as hard as I did when she passed. I've never cried that hard before.

I wish I'd gotten to see STP more than once, that the September show happened in Tulsa in '10 instead of repeated rescheduling before it was finally cancelled. I wish I had gone to that solo show in Missouri with Scott and Eagles of Death Metal. But I'm just fine with the time spent with him on the reunion tour.

I never met him in person, but we talked a bit during an xbox live event where he played Halo 3 with people. I remember asking him if STP was planning on releasing another album (this was after the self-titled one), and he said yes. If only.

I can't even begin to describe how his music helped me. The only comfort I'm finding in all of this is that he's now at peace and with Michael.

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 06, 2015, 02:59:44 AM »
This is hard. Rest in peace, Scott. I have always pulled for you. And I fucking hate how that is now past tense.
adhesive love

Westenn

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 06, 2015, 03:57:14 AM »

Fuck. Tried to post something but all I can do is cry. Feel so powerless, I don't even have the courage to listen to his music.

You're grieving, allow yourself (if you can) to process all the emotions and the natural process to your speed.  This in the modern world has tried to be sped up, but do it in your own time, we are all here for you if you need a cyber hug.

Here, I will tell you this.  When I read the letter that the boys gave to Scott, I completely lost it.  Not only did I have the hardest cry I ever had, but I went from room to room thinking that if I stood in a different room, I would stop.  I was in my "hallway" the bathroom door has a hook and my towel was there so I just put my face in the towel and cried in the "hallway".  Then, I don't know why I decided to read the letter again, I cried some more then I thought I was gonna hyperventilate so now I'm crying w/ my head between my knees.  I was a mess.  I still am.  I fkn love Scott and he's gone

8) :-* :'(
And I Got U 2 Paint the Roses on My Grave

kravdog

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 06, 2015, 03:59:04 AM »
This is hard. Rest in peace, Scott. I have always pulled for you. And I fucking hate how that is now past tense.

This is very hard. I have teared up too many times today. The Sorum interview might have been the worst...or maybe the billboard montage. Or maybe the slow realization that it is over. He lost.  he never regained the glory his talent deserved. Listen to any of his recorded work, watch his performances on YouTubethe --- dude was fucking on another level. Even watching his health erode, I held out hope that he could be #1 again. I mean, even if it was a Johnny cash type situation. It is sad to think that STP and VR are both dead. Scott had been saying (hoping) "Never say never, "but death kinda trumps that. I never doubted for a second that we would see STP reunite, if not only for their RnR HOF induction. The next week is going to be rough...a lot of news cycle left. And a lot of YouTube/Spotify to be jamming to!

mrmojorisin

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 06, 2015, 04:29:49 AM »

This is very hard. I have teared up too many times today. The Sorum interview might have been the worst...or maybe the billboard montage. Or maybe the slow realization that it is over. He lost.  he never regained the glory his talent deserved. Listen to any of his recorded work, watch his performances on YouTubethe --- dude was fucking on another level. Even watching his health erode, I held out hope that he could be #1 again. I mean, even if it was a Johnny cash type situation. It is sad to think that STP and VR are both dead. Scott had been saying (hoping) "Never say never, "but death kinda trumps that. I never doubted for a second that we would see STP reunite, if not only for their RnR HOF induction. The next week is going to be rough...a lot of news cycle left. And a lot of YouTube/Spotify to be jamming to!

right on. I can't believe how great of an album Blaster is. If he could have held it together for a solid couple of years in support of it then VR or STP would've came crawling back for a reunion and that next album would have been some epic shit.
Too much walkin shoes worn thin  Too trippin and my souls worn thin

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 06, 2015, 04:57:55 AM »
I try not to get too personal on here, but earlier this year I lost my dad. And I have two little ones of my own. Today, as we put up the Xmas tree together, we had some holiday music on. It was heavy. As we worked together, I thought of my two little ones with their parents. I thought of me without my dad. And I felt awful for Scott's kids, as they'll have the first Christmas of their life without their dad. "I'll be home for Christmas" came on. I remember Scott singing that. It was heart wrenching, knowing that he WON'T be home for the holiday. I just had all these emotions. I was heart broken yet trying to cherish every moment as it happened. I don't even know what to feel right now.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 06, 2015, 06:00:19 AM »
Working on a song right now...figured I'd do some recording to get myself out of this. This has been a fucked up last 30 days for me...since this time last month, I've had 2 friends die, another getting diagnosed with lymphoma, had a health scare of my own, and just last week my wife and I miscarried. Then one of my 2 musical heroes dies. Fuck.

Anybody know of any STP/Weiland piano sheet music? 

Westenn

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 06, 2015, 07:04:53 AM »
Working on a song right now...figured I'd do some recording to get myself out of this. This has been a fucked up last 30 days for me...since this time last month, I've had 2 friends die, another getting diagnosed with lymphoma, had a health scare of my own, and just last week my wife and I miscarried. Then one of my 2 musical heroes dies. Fuck.

Anybody know of any STP/Weiland piano sheet music?

That's awesome and you inspired me to post this STP thing I wanted to do
And I Got U 2 Paint the Roses on My Grave

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 06, 2015, 08:33:34 AM »
Seeing this thread title every time I visit this site still has me fucked up.

As bad as things seemed, I always thought Scott would pull through.

https://youtu.be/7USfGYxP53A

Thanks for being here, everybody. Nobody else understands why I've been in such a sad mood for the past few days.... Truly a great community even though we've drifted apart over the last few years....
Bleeda blooda

megafonemaniac

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 06, 2015, 08:53:28 AM »

Same here
https://youtu.be/7USfGYxP53A

Thanks for being here, everybody. Nobody else understands why I've been in such a sad mood for the past few days.... Truly a great community even though we've drifted apart over the last few years....

megafonemaniac

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 06, 2015, 09:01:32 AM »
I keep reading over and over all your posts.... Each of u describe my emotions, at different points in time.
Every time I think of something that pertains to scott or feel a certain emotions, before I can even write out down, someone else just posted it to this thread..
It's amazing how deep scott and his music has effected us..
And I feelings and love for him is shared amongst us.

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 06, 2015, 09:32:16 AM »

The thread titles sure do drive it home. There's no waking from this nightmare.
But I too and thankful for this community.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

Comatose Commodity

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 06, 2015, 11:04:11 AM »

I just feel very sad. Seeing those photos of him in Toronto, and that last interview with him just two days prior to his death... I mean man the guy was just so gone. At least for a few years, there's just been this sorrow about him and he has looked like nothing could make him happy.

I just hope he had some good times with his wife while he wasn't touring and I wish his last contact with his kids was a positive one, which I'm sure it was. Only thing I know is, that he's in a better place now though.

I fully agree that Scott made his own bed and that the people who truly cared, did try to do their best to help him.

I don't feel like pointing too many fingers, I mean the so called enablers are always gonna be there and I feel it was up to Scott to let them be there.

At the same time I feel like surely someone, somewhere could have done more, but it's too late now and the dude struggled for a damn long time..for decades.

I agree that it seemed he kind of gave up, lost his true will to live, and at that point I don't see that the drugs or booze are the real cause of the problem, you know? But then I wasn't in his life, so who knows exactly what he had to deal with. We don't know everything.

I don't know if the world's best
psychiatrist or anyone else for that matter could have done anything.

I remember Scott mentioning he felt his stepbrother Michael dying "of a broken heart". I feel that way about Scott too.

I just wish his family can move on without him eventually and remember the good in him. He was a good man, just a very troubled, complicated man.

Another wish is that the world would remember his music and maybe some new fans would be turned on to his music and maybe learn something more about him instead of just labeling him a "junkie" or whatever.

I know us true fans will always have him, but I feel his talent deserves to be recognized more than it has been, all over the world.

I had the pleasure of seeing him live once (2004, with Velvet Revolver) and I became an STP + Scott fan shortly before that. I was borderline obsessed with the guy, when I was younger and even dyed my hair red because of him.

I felt this strong connection to him. Obviously the music f*cking blew my mind, but there was more than that. The last 4-5 years I haven't honestly been that excited about his projects, but I've always checked in to see what he's up to and hoped he's doing okay somewhere on the road or in a studio.

Thank you Scott for all your music. Thank you for helping me, inspiring me, and influencing me in a good way!
peace & love
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 11:31:38 AM by Comatose Commodity »
I had the midwife naked and alone

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #239 on: December 06, 2015, 11:09:45 AM »

I just feel very sad. Seeing those photos of him in Toronto, and that last interview with him just two days prior to his death...man the guy was just so gone. At least for a few years, there's just been this sorrow about him and he has looked like nothing could make him happy. I just hope he had some good times with his wife while he wasn't touring and I wish his last contact with his kids was a positive one, which I'm sure it was.Only thing I know is, that he's in a better place now though.

I fully agree that Scott made his own bed and that the people who truly cared, did try to do their best to help him. But then I wasn't in his life, so who knows exactly what he had to deal with. We don't know everything.Like some of you have said, I agree that it seemed he kind of gave up, lost his true will to live. I remember Scott mentioning he felt his stepbrother Michael dying "of a broken heart". I feel that way about Scott too.

I just wish his family can move on without him eventually and remember the good in him. He was a good man, just a very troubled, complicated man.Another wish is that the world would remember his music and maybe some new people would be turned on to his music and maybe learn something more about him instead of just labeling him a "junkie" or whatever. I know we fans will always have him, but I feel his talent deserves to be recognized more than it has been, at least internationally.I had the pleasure of seeing him live once (2004, with Velvet Revolver) and I became an stp + Scott fan shortly before that. I was borderline obsessed with the guy, when I was younger and even dyed my hair red because of him . I felt this strong connection to him. The last 4-5 years I haven't honestly been that excited about his projects, but I've always checked in to see what he's up to and hoped he's doing okay somewhere on the road or in a studio.

Thank you Scott for all your music and for helping influencing me in a good way.peace

While I still think STP will have to wait years to get into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, I do think we will see it quicker than we would have with Scott being gone.  I think when they get in there we'll see a whole new respect level for STP and a resurgence in interest.  I just really hope there is a good system set up to really promote Scott's legacy with some quality releases.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11