September 30, 2024, 05:25:01 PM

Author Topic: Scott Weiland found Dead  (Read 95105 times)

KingofHarts

• Flight Attendant
  • face across the floor
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Weiland found Dead
« Reply #195 on: December 05, 2015, 06:26:34 AM »
Hello everyone. Yesterday I had heard this news. I'm still in shock. I was a fan of STP, VR, The Wildabouts no for so long, but for these 3 years music of Scott Weiland had changed my life. His lyrics were magnificent, uplifting and sometimes sad. Just want you to know that I'm from Russia and all of the Russian fans are also in shock of the fact that Scott is dead. My condolences to the family, friends and fans around the world. Sorry for my English, but I think it was necessary to write this. RIP Scott Weiland.

Jimil

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 05, 2015, 06:48:16 AM »
Am I the only one who hasn't been able to listen to Scott's music yet since the news? I wanna play his music in tribute like it seems most are but I know it will just bring all the emotion flooding back out of me. I went to sleep crying and woke up after 3 hours sleep crying. Some people would think that's crazy but I know the fans here understand and I feel no shame in it. I'm just 'waiting for the black clouds to leave me' :(

I have. Like many of you I awoke to the news. Like many of you, I'm am still in shock and still very much upset. It has been a shitty day to say the least. Blaster was in my CD changer in my car, I listened to it twice today. I wanted so much to put in Core or Purple or Tiny Music but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. While the songs made me smile they made me cry at the same time.

When I got to work this morning I typed out my thoughts and feelings and posted them on FB. It was good to get them out but it didn't help much. It's good to be here and to see that there are others who feel as I do and hurt as I do.

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 05, 2015, 07:09:05 AM »
I tried to listen to Blaster, but just couldn't do it.

Man... I went down south to see family for Thanksgiving and just got back to my car after 10 days, and coincidentally the last few seconds of 20th Century Boy was queued up on the stereo so the first song I hear is Circles.  :-\

I spun it twice, it fits the melancholy, but I couldn't bring myself to play anything else.

Never realized how upbeat of an album Blaster is until tonight....

Hard to believe Brian Wilson is alive and well at over 70 years old after all he's been through, and Scott finally lost his battles at only 48 years old.... Still haven't really come to terms with it.

Brian had a better support system, but...more to the point...he WANTED to get better. Sure, he was forced into it by basically being held captive for ~ 8 years, but the fact he never relapsed once 'free' spoke volumes.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 07:10:42 AM by Fear 2 Stop »

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 05, 2015, 07:26:56 AM »
As more people come here to share their thoughts, I just want to say again how thankful I am for this forum being here and for all of the fans who make up this community.

I'm not reading comments anywhere else (Facebook, Twitter, news articles), because there's some heartless shit being posted out there.

CritterTypeThing

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 05, 2015, 07:48:01 AM »
Am I the only one who hasn't been able to listen to Scott's music yet since the news? I wanna play his music in tribute like it seems most are but I know it will just bring all the emotion flooding back out of me. I went to sleep crying and woke up after 3 hours sleep crying. Some people would think that's crazy but I know the fans here understand and I feel no shame in it. I'm just 'waiting for the black clouds to leave me' :(

I've tried.  But have just lost it all together within a song or two in.  In the car.  At work.  At home.

Part of me knows that at some point I'll queue up my good ol' Scott playlist and I'll just be able to sit, eyes closed, and listen.  And part of me wants to wait for that perfect timing of a perfectly beautiful moment.

But part of me also wants to just force myself to do that now.  Listen to that beautiful man and just let all the raw emotion flow in this fresh stage, and allow myself to feel the power and beauty of the gifts he has left for all of us.

I don't think there's a right or wrong answer here.
When the feeling hits you and the moment is right for you, soak it all in.
Hold me closer.....closer.....let me go!

My STP Concertology:  6/22/01, 10/26/01, 4/21/02, 4/23/02, 5/18/08, 5/26/08, 5/31/08, 8/6/08, 8/8/08, 8/10/08, 7/17/09, 5/18/10, 9/3/10, 9/4/10, 7/25/11, 7/26/11, 9/10/11, 9/1/12, 5/6/18

kilter

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 05, 2015, 08:05:34 AM »
Oh Scotty. No. This is... unbearably sad.
I hate that he lost his battle like this. it seems like the past few months were a crushing struggle for him. I stopped checking in because it was painful to watch. It's just too sad. the world has lost a beautiful, fucked up soul. Rest in peace, Scott.

Jimil

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 05, 2015, 09:01:50 AM »
I think it's also important for us to think of Scott as a human being. Scott was just like all of us; he had feelings of hurt, joy, sorry, and happiness. He woke up and went to bed the same way the rest of us do. He was a husband, father, and friend. We all have our faults and that is fine, not one of us is perfect. Scott touched all of us here in one way or another. Regardless of what comes from the reports, it should not change the way we feel about what he meant to us. I have memories, memories that will last a lifetime....I hope you all do too.

On a side note,
Perhaps this was God saying to Scott that it was ok, that it was alright. That he had given joy to so many that it was his time to find peace, comfort, and tranquility.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 09:15:32 AM by Jimil »

Aylin

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Whadayawannano?
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 05, 2015, 11:09:54 AM »
Aylin!!!! I hate the circumstances and feel I could have written your post myself... I feel the same way... But man is it good to "see" you again, old friend!! ❤️

Heeeey!!! I can't believe that these are the circumstances that have reunited all of us, but this place and you guys are the only things that feel safe at the moment! So glad to have you all ❤️❤️❤️
So keep your bankroll lottery eat your salad day deathbed motorcade

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #203 on: December 05, 2015, 03:04:04 PM »
Hubs and I watched Storytellers and the 99 HOB show last night.

It's impossible to believe that the man i watched twisting, writhing, grinding, spinning, jumping, and growling into that microphone is gone. That I - that no one - will ever again be able to experience the magic and pure electricity happened when Scott slipped into "the zone." If you were there, if you saw it, you know. You were taken to a place so, so far beyond the music. Oh, and the music. The way these four men meshed together, transforming completely right before your very eyes. The magic was something almost tangible. Watching those shows, I was taken back in time - so vividly that I could still feel the thickness in the air, the sweaty, sticky heat from inside the pit. Scott Richard Weiland became so, so much more than himself when he was in his element.

My mind won't accept the fact that none of us get to go back there. That the magical place we love and hold so dearly has been wiped from this earth, for the man who created it has gone far too soon.

I wish I could have helped him. That anyone could have helped him. That he could have helped himself. :(
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Aylin

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Whadayawannano?
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 05, 2015, 03:25:48 PM »

It's impossible to believe that the man i watched twisting, writhing, grinding, spinning, jumping, and growling into that microphone is gone. That I - that no one - will ever again be able to experience the magic and pure electricity happened when Scott slipped into "the zone." If you were there, if you saw it, you know. You were taken to a place so, so far beyond the music. Oh, and the music. The way these four men meshed together, transforming completely right before your very eyes. The magic was something almost tangible. Watching those shows, I was taken back in time - so vividly that I could still feel the thickness in the air, the sweaty, sticky heat from inside the pit. Scott Richard Weiland became so, so much more than himself when he was in his element.

My mind won't accept the fact that none of us get to go back there. That the magical place we love and hold so dearly has been wiped from this earth, for the man who created it has gone far too soon.

I wish I could have helped him. That anyone could have helped him. That he could have helped himself. :(

That's so well put and sums up everything that was so special about Scott. But I can't help but add that the Scott you so accurately describe above and that we all fell in love with was already dead. There would never have been a twisting, writhing, attitude waving Scott again, even if he has lived to a 100.  Unfortunately, we were mourning Scott long before yesterday, and even though each of us continued to go to the gigs and signings, it was always just a phoned in tribute to a once phenomenal presence.

We always had hope he would find his stride again but we all knew that the last years were basically all that we would be getting.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #205 on: December 05, 2015, 03:56:07 PM »

That's so well put and sums up everything that was so special about Scott. But I can't help but add that the Scott you so accurately describe above and that we all fell in love with was already dead. There would never have been a twisting, writhing, attitude waving Scott again, even if he has lived to a 100.  Unfortunately, we were mourning Scott long before yesterday, and even though each of us continued to go to the gigs and signings, it was always just a phoned in tribute to a once phenomenal presence.

We always had hope he would find his stride again but we all knew that the last years were basically all that we would be getting.

You're right - and I agree. But even with "that" Scott having been long gone, I couldn't help it. I still can't help it, and now he's GONE gone: I still have the itty bittiest bit of hope in my heart to get back to that place again. To see it again. Feel it. Be so fucking lucky enough to actually be a part of it. It's so much of who *I* am. How can I NOT hold out hope for my Superman's return?

I will forever be thankful for all that he has given us - given me. I can honestly say that some of the very best days of my life were because of and spent with Scott Weiland. He isn't dead, you guys. He can't die - it literally is impossible. He is powerful and articulate and brave and strong and ALIVE inside of each of us, who all carry so much of him in our hearts. Scott Weiland is and forever will be very, very much alive.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

erichoholic2k1

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 05, 2015, 05:19:41 PM »
I haven't stopped by here in awhile but just want to share that in 1993, I was an 11 year old music listener. That changed when I saw STP perform "Plush" on the MTV Music Awards, and became a music LOVER as a result. I spent hours watching MTV after that, waiting for a replay of the awards, with a small boombox in hand and my finger on the "record" button. When STP finally appeared and played "Plush", I recorded it on my boombox and played that tape over and over forever.

To this day, I think "Unplugged" starts and ends with the STP episode, and can't imagine being such a music fanatic had it not been for the guy with the red hair on my television as a kid. STP may not be my 'favorite' band, but they will always be my first obsession in music, and if I had a Mt. Rushmore of front men, Weiland (because I didn't know he had a first name until the third album) would be on it.

RIP Scott, and I hope his family and fans are ok.

Aylin

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Whadayawannano?
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 05, 2015, 05:23:10 PM »

You're right - and I agree. But even with "that" Scott having been long gone, I couldn't help it. I still can't help it, and now he's GONE gone: I still have the itty bittiest bit of hope in my heart to get back to that place again. To see it again. Feel it. Be so fucking lucky enough to actually be a part of it. It's so much of who *I* am. How can I NOT hold out hope for my Superman's return?

I will forever be thankful for all that he has given us - given me. I can honestly say that some of the very best days of my life were because of and spent with Scott Weiland. He isn't dead, you guys. He can't die - it literally is impossible. He is powerful and articulate and brave and strong and ALIVE inside of each of us, who all carry so much of him in our hearts. Scott Weiland is and forever will be very, very much alive.

Awww you made me cry again 😢😘

cosmicpilot

• Flowery Bad Girl
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 05, 2015, 05:48:54 PM »
2 days on and I still can't process he is dead.  :(  It's like I keep feeling someone will come online and say ahha fooled ya!
"Robert DeLeo is right there with him in the pocket, accenting the groove with his thick baselines (while exuding a stage presence midway between CIA agent, Mafia hit man, Latin gigolo and dance instructor, thanks to his slicked-back hair, ever-present shades and fluid moves)"
Darryl Sterdan - The winnipeg Sun

MAJOR METAL

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 05, 2015, 06:47:00 PM »
It's all so confusing..............

Sadly in the back of my mind, I was fearful this tragic day was growing closer. Time had taken it's toll on our beloved Scott.

I think the VR years and the death of his brother really must have altered the level of his dysfunction. Though it was only 6 years from the break up of STP in 02 to the reunion in 08, he was not the same Scott who returned to STP. Both of the reunion shows I saw in 08 including the infamous PNC show in NJ and Jones Beach NY, left me feeling it was better for STP to remain disbanded then to tarnish the top tier performances they had been known for. Sadly Scott had been drunk as a skunk at both gigs and had badly embarrassed  himself. However, the drunken performances I had seen in 08 came nowhere close to the comatose state he had been performing in this past year. 

It really seems like it was his firing from STP that began the final downward spiral leading to his death the other night. I can't blame the remaining three Pilots, they are human and their patience had been pushed to it's absolute bounds dealing with Scott's antics over the previous twenty years.

Scott, you were a lyricist in a class of your own. I thank you for enriching and inspiring my life with the beauty of your art. For those of us who came up in the 90's, STP's MTV Unplugged and the hype around Tiny Music will forever hold the youthful excitement that only comes around once.

I hope you have found the peace that escaped you in this life.     
If you should die before me ask if you could bring a friend.
Pick a flower hold your breath and drift away.