September 30, 2024, 03:17:31 PM

Author Topic: Scott Weiland found Dead  (Read 95087 times)

megafonemaniac

• Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Weiland found Dead
« Reply #180 on: December 05, 2015, 04:03:28 AM »
Brett or anyone else on this board somewhat connected do you have any insight what the point was of this winter tour?

As probably already stated he was playing cities he had already played twice this year. Was pretty obvious these gigs were going to have small draws. I know the answer on why he tours so much is for financial reasons with Mary and the kids, but how does a tour like this even make any money? It's not like Scott was running a indie tour. He still maintained his own sound guy, tour manager, roadies, big tour bus, driver, I can't imagine Joey would agree to drum for dirt cheap. Just doesn't add up.
agreed,
I thought about that too.
didn't make much sense

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 05, 2015, 04:10:44 AM »
He shouldn't have been allowed to do this tour. I would think that the small audiences also pissed him off so he drunk or popped pills whatever to feel better. It was just not condusive to his heath.

I can't help but agree. I feel that after Jeremy died, Scott should have just cancelled the Blaster tour and taken a year off. If he'd just stated "I can't go out there. I'm not in a good place, and I have to get my sanity back," people would've understood, especially the Wildabouts. Maybe people would've even been willing to keep Scott afloat so that he would've had the money to take a year off, get himself in shape physically and vocally, and conquer his drinking once and for all.

And if he didn't want to, the others around him should have stepped in and voluntarily cancelled the tour themselves. Again, people would've understood. No amount of money is worth losing yourself like this.

But in the end, it didn't happen. Scott was so focused on digging himself out of his financial hole that he didn't dig himself out of the bigger one that really mattered.

Well said.

Aylin

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Whadayawannano?
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 05, 2015, 04:30:12 AM »
He shouldn't have been allowed to do this tour. I would think that the small audiences also pissed him off so he drunk or popped pills whatever to feel better. It was just not condusive to his heath.

I can't help but agree. I feel that after Jeremy died, Scott should have just cancelled the Blaster tour and taken a year off. If he'd just stated "I can't go out there. I'm not in a good place, and I have to get my sanity back," people would've understood, especially the Wildabouts. Maybe people would've even been willing to keep Scott afloat so that he would've had the money to take a year off, get himself in shape physically and vocally, and conquer his drinking once and for all.

And if he didn't want to, the others around him should have stepped in and voluntarily cancelled the tour themselves. Again, people would've understood. No amount of money is worth losing yourself like this.

But in the end, it didn't happen. Scott was so focused on digging himself out of his financial hole that he didn't dig himself out of the bigger one that really mattered.

Well said.

Yes I agree.
And it's shit to say this, but isn't it simply the fact that everyone around Scott was just using him for their own gains? None of those musicians, except Joey maybe, would have been able to tour so many shows at this stage in their careers. Keep Scott happy and playing, drugged up, fuck the consequences, lets ride it for as long as we can. Same goes for his wife.  I hate saying this, but I'm angry, so please forgive me.  But sometimes I think he shouldn't have even bothered going clean if it ended up with him becoming a half paralysed, manipulated, alcoholic shell of a man that died at 48 anyway. Sometimes I think he should have carried on doing what he did best, for as long as he could, and then died from a heroin overdose at like 42. At least he wouldn't have become a laughing stock to people who just wrote him off as a has been. At least he would have fucking enjoyed the last years of his life. Think Phillip Seymour Hoffman.

Yes I know what I just wrote is wrong. Hate thinking like that :(
So keep your bankroll lottery eat your salad day deathbed motorcade

kravdog

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 05, 2015, 04:42:18 AM »

Well said.

Yes I agree.
And it's shit to say this, but isn't it simply the fact that everyone around Scott was just using him for their own gains? None of those musicians, except Joey maybe, would have been able to tour so many shows at this stage in their careers. Keep Scott happy and playing, drugged up, fuck the consequences, lets ride it for as long as we can. Same goes for his wife.  I hate saying this, but I'm angry, so please forgive me.  But sometimes I think he shouldn't have even bothered going clean if it ended up with him becoming a half paralysed, manipulated, alcoholic shell of a man that died at 48 anyway. Sometimes I think he should have carried on doing what he did best, for as long as he could, and then died from a heroin overdose at like 42. At least he wouldn't have become a laughing stock to people who just wrote him off as a has been. At least he would have fucking enjoyed the last years of his life. Think Phillip Seymour Hoffman.

denial anger bargaining depression acceptance

its all good. i think everyone here needs to be able to communicate whatever it is that they are feeling right now.  not really a time for judgement of others, but a time to be listening and providing comfort.

I was just wondering to my self. What is it about SW that has impacted me this way. I have read so fucking many tributes today...real people, not just critics. here, on reddit, on FB, twitter, and a lot of different people connected to him in so many different, awesome ways.

To me it was the underdog in him. When they exploded, they were dissed by the critics. After the mess of the Tiny Music/jail stint, he fought back and Sour Girl was huge. After the disbanding, he killed it with VR. After the demise of VR, STP had a nice little reunion run. After STP, we still got a kick ass album in Blaster. I always held out hope that, at some point, he would have another huge bounce back with SW&W with a big commercial hit....he had it in him.

RIP Scott.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #184 on: December 05, 2015, 04:52:21 AM »
Aylin!!!! I hate the circumstances and feel I could have written your post myself... I feel the same way... But man is it good to "see" you again, old friend!! ❤️
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 05, 2015, 04:57:05 AM »

Well said.

Yes I agree.

I'm pretty much feeling the same way. Not for Jamie, though, I don't think she was using him at all.  The band, though...I dunno... I agree with the sentiment above. If I was in a band with someone who was visibly falling apart, I couldn't carry on like nothing was wrong.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #186 on: December 05, 2015, 05:08:32 AM »
Brett or anyone else on this board somewhat connected do you have any insight what the point was of this winter tour?

As probably already stated he was playing cities he had already played twice this year. Was pretty obvious these gigs were going to have small draws. I know the answer on why he tours so much is for financial reasons with Mary and the kids, but how does a tour like this even make any money? It's not like Scott was running a indie tour. He still maintained his own sound guy, tour manager, roadies, big tour bus, driver, I can't imagine Joey would agree to drum for dirt cheap. Just doesn't add up.

My feeling from Scott was that he needed to tour constantly to make money.  During my conversation with him I suggested doing acoustic shows like Chris Cornell, more in-depth shows that could be monetized better so he could tour less, but he didn't seem interested in that.  It seems like he just wanted to stay in his comfort zone and do as little as possible to make money.  Maybe merch and meet and greet sales helped get them over the hump, and the sheer volume of touring this year made him enough money to get by?  Who knows, we wouldn't have known until we saw how a followup tour would have been booked.

The shows were actually better on this tour than the spring leg according to fans, though obviously there were off nights here and there, the feedback was much more positive.  The shows started on time and Scott sounded good (despite obviously not being what he once was), you can watch the videos, professional performances.  Obviously though he hadn't stopped doing whatever he was doing and was just keeping it in check enough so it wouldn't ruin the shows like Corpus Christi, and he contained himself from totally dissing fans like he did in Boston.  It's sad though because I thought he might be at the start of maybe reconsidering what he was doing based on at least changing what he did professionally, but obviously it didn't extend to his personal life.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Cuatro01

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 05, 2015, 05:20:55 AM »
Rest in peace, Scott.

megafonemaniac

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 05, 2015, 05:44:35 AM »
dear scott,

never had a chance to really speak to you, the way I would have wanted to.
met you once for 3 seconds in 2001 in ny, at tower records. you and the rest of stp had just released shangri, and you were doing a signing. I wished you good luck that day and told you I loved your music.
what I really wanted to tell you was to please stay healthy, you have so much to live for, your blessed with so much talent, good fortune and luck, please stick with stp and please please stop doing drugs.

this morning, I woke up to a text from my friend who lives in la, saying "god...scott weiland is dead".

him and I had just recently seen you perform in ny 5 days ago. ive been along time stp/scott fan since 92 and ive seen you perform live many many times. ive grown old with you throughoutt the years!

waking up to the news that you passed away, reminded me of the time in '98, when I was waiting around irving plaza in nyc to see your solo 12BB tour, but only to find out that you were arrested for drugs, earlier that day.
I wish that that was the case this time around once again, unfortunately its not.....

scott, you were one of a kind, amazing, talented, one of the most charismatic frontmen of our time. your voice, your style, your control of the stage was truly like no other. you had all the attributes of a rock god. along with all the flaws.

like most of you all here on this site, scott, you influenced my musical taste and opened my eyes and ears to other musicians and musical styles, that I may not have listened to otherwise; bowie, beatles, jobim, Coltrane.

whenever your new cd came out, id run to the store and pick it up. id listen to your songs on repeat and try to make sense of all the intricate lyrics. id flip though the cd insert and look at all the pictures. your songs always painted a picture and took me away to another world. id often wonder, what were you thinking when you came up with those words and melodies? i'll never know....

like many of your other fans, your music was the soundtrack to my life. through the good and the bad....

listening to your songs while having drinks with friends, getting into arguments with girlfriends and making love to them a few hours later....
the time I enjoyed listening to you most was when I was home alone or driving my car alone. that was my time.
my time to really feel the passion in your music and sing it as loud as I can.
you songs and voice helped me to connect and feel my emotions at times.

your music is so important to me!

it saddens me to know that I will never again be able to hear you sing a new or old song live again, I will never be influenced or moved like that by you again.

sitting here reflecting....I think what also hurts is that a chapter in my life has now ended.
a part of my youth is now gone. im no longer a kid.
walking into your concert  5 days ago....  looking forward to seeing you scott "do your thing", always energized me.
it brought me back to a time that I was young and free.
its hard to explain...I was 17 back in '92. I was young and free, and  life was easy.
almost 25 years since that time, life is so much different.
I will never experience that feeling again.

I have so many images of you in my head and hear so many of your songs....

as I sit here, still in shock,
I know that the world keeps spinning and life goes on.
you, your smile and your music will always be in my heart mind and soul.
you rocked and I will miss you for that !!!

and that's what I would have liked to have said to scott.

rik and brett, thanks for all the great work you guys do, throughout the years.

my condolences to scotts family, may time help to ease your pain.

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 05, 2015, 05:48:06 AM »

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 05, 2015, 06:02:52 AM »
Am I the only one who hasn't been able to listen to Scott's music yet since the news? I wanna play his music in tribute like it seems most are but I know it will just bring all the emotion flooding back out of me. I went to sleep crying and woke up after 3 hours sleep crying. Some people would think that's crazy but I know the fans here understand and I feel no shame in it. I'm just 'waiting for the black clouds to leave me' :(
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 05, 2015, 06:07:05 AM »
Am I the only one who hasn't been able to listen to Scott's music yet since the news? I wanna play his music in tribute like it seems most are but I know it will just bring all the emotion flooding back out of me. I went to sleep crying and woke up after 3 hours sleep crying. Some people would think that's crazy but I know the fans here understand and I feel no shame in it. I'm just 'waiting for the black clouds to leave me' :(

Same here, I still can't do it. It might take a while before I can listen to him without bursting into tears...
"I am trampled under sole of another man's shoes...Guess I walked too softly"

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 05, 2015, 06:08:02 AM »
Am I the only one who hasn't been able to listen to Scott's music yet since the news?

No. I'm avoiding it too. Not ready for that yet.

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 05, 2015, 06:13:26 AM »
I tried to listen to Blaster, but just couldn't do it.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 05, 2015, 06:23:07 AM »
I tried to listen to Blaster, but just couldn't do it.

Man... I went down south to see family for Thanksgiving and just got back to my car after 10 days, and coincidentally the last few seconds of 20th Century Boy was queued up on the stereo so the first song I hear is Circles.  :-\

I spun it twice, it fits the melancholy, but I couldn't bring myself to play anything else.

Never realized how upbeat of an album Blaster is until tonight....

Hard to believe Brian Wilson is alive and well at over 70 years old after all he's been through, and Scott finally lost his battles at only 48 years old.... Still haven't really come to terms with it.
Bleeda blooda