September 30, 2024, 03:22:50 PM

Author Topic: Scott Weiland found Dead  (Read 95090 times)

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Weiland found Dead
« Reply #165 on: December 05, 2015, 01:09:26 AM »
I came across this interview online and it says it is Scott's last interview? It was conducted over the phone when Scott was in Pensylvania and uploaded on 28th November. If it's not THE last then it's certainly one of the last and it's even more disturbing than the Soundhouse Detroit one I watched a week or two ago. Scott just sounds completely disinterested here, he sounds sad, lost and barely coherent mainly giving delayed one word answers. Everyone could see and hear that he was in a bad way and the Corous Christi show had alarm bells ringing but ultimately I fear by that point it was already far too late.

http://youtu.be/BUZVi8la_6c
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 05, 2015, 01:14:24 AM »
I came across this interview online and it says it is Scott's last interview? It was conducted over the phone when Scott was in Pensylvania and uploaded on 28th November. If it's not THE last then it's certainly one of the last and it's even more disturbing than the Soundhouse Detroit one I watched a week or two ago. Scott just sounds completely disinterested here, he sounds sad, lost and barely coherent mainly giving delayed one word answers. Everyone could see and hear that he was in a bad way and the Corous Christi show had alarm bells ringing but ultimately I fear by that point it was already far too late.

http://youtu.be/BUZVi8la_6c

I was just telling my gf about this interview last night before we heard the news... She was shocked he was 48, after listening to it, she thought he was 70+
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 05, 2015, 01:16:38 AM »
It's hard keeping up with all these articles but just after I read about Tommy's arrest for posession of cocaine I noticed TMZ have posted another article, Scott's wife Jamie is saying it's NOT drugs...

http://www.tmz.com/2015/12/04/scott-weiland-dead-drugs-wife/

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 05, 2015, 01:23:28 AM »
It's hard keeping up with all these articles but just after I read about Tommy's arrest for posession of cocaine I noticed TMZ have posted another article, Scott's wife Jamie is saying it's NOT drugs...

http://www.tmz.com/2015/12/04/scott-weiland-dead-drugs-wife/

what I don't get is he is saying no drugs, she is saying no drugs, then there must be something else wrong, like the stroke theory. if everyone was attacking me for drug use but what people were actually seeing was side effects of a stroke, i'd tell people i had a stroke. so if it wasn't drugs, what was it? and was keeping that silent better than being attacked about drug use?

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 05, 2015, 01:34:48 AM »
STP's statement just posted to FB:

Dear Scott,

Let us start by saying thank you for sharing your life with us.

Together we crafted a legacy of music that has given so many people happiness and great memories.

The memories are many, and they run deep for us.

We know amidst the good and the bad you struggled, time and time again.

It’s what made you who you were.

You were gifted beyond words, Scott.

Part of that gift was part of your curse.

With deep sorrow for you and your family, we are saddened to see you go.

All of our love and respect.

We will miss you brother,
Robert, Eric, Dean

A nice but short statement. Dean in particular must be feeling pretty bad after all the harsh words he had about Scott in every interview this year, calling him 'a fucking mess' and I recall he also said that comparing Scott to Chester is like comparing a baby to a bodybuilder. I realise they were going through their lawsuit and problems but I remember thinking that saying that shit wasn't cool and words can often come back to haunt you. Life is too short. I wish they all could have reconciled before it came to this.

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 05, 2015, 01:35:29 AM »
RIP, Mr. Weiland. You will be missed dearly by many but never to be forgotten. The music lives forever.

I've been extremely rough on Scott over the years. I've been expecting this for the last three or four years especially but that doesn't make this any easier.

I got a call last evening with the news and I was left speechless. Stunned. Numb. When I asked for details, there were little known at that point, other than he hadn't been 'right' for the last couple days and that he was found on the bus and that they tried to revive him but it was already far too late.

I read somewhere that someone thought that Joey Castillo may have told some of the 'rock legends' about Scott's condition the last few days and it's more than likely the case.

So, so sad.

Take it.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 05, 2015, 02:23:18 AM »
It's sad to think at the start of this year I was getting really excited for 'Blaster' and in particular the song 'Circles' which I'd seen live videos of and I thought sounded beautiful. The album came out and it didn't disappoint and I blasted it all summer long.

I can't help but hear those lyrics in 'Circles' slightly differently now though:

"There's no angels,
There's no servants to save me, save me"

Also on Aqualung from the Art of Anarchy album he sings - "Please, please take my life or let it be.. Please don't break the ice holding me"

It's almost as if Scott knew he didn't have long left and was just hanging on now.
It's so sad listening to these songs right now, its like they take on a whole new literal meaning.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 02:25:02 AM by CagedTiger »

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 05, 2015, 02:43:34 AM »
It's sad to think at the start of this year I was getting really excited for 'Blaster' and in particular the song 'Circles' which I'd seen live videos of and I thought sounded beautiful. The album came out and it didn't disappoint and I blasted it all summer long.

I can't help but hear those lyrics in 'Circles' slightly differently now though:

"There's no angels,
There's no servants to save me, save me"

Also on Aqualung from the Art of Anarchy album he sings - "Please, please take my life or let it be.. Please don't break the ice holding me"

It's almost as if Scott knew he didn't have long left and was just hanging on now.
It's so sad listening to these songs right now, its like they take on a whole new literal meaning.

I noticed today while listening to a playlist of all of Scott's songs that he sings about death quite a bit.  Tough to get through a lot of them after today.
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 05, 2015, 02:50:07 AM »
For many years, I've worried that I might wake up to this news one day. I hoped it would never happen, but I worried.

Today was that day.

My hero has died. At times, he was a fucked-up choice of a hero, but he was mine.

I fell in love with music the first time I heard Plush on MTV at age 12. Since that moment, music has been my life, and Stone Temple Pilots has been my favorite band. And Scott was the leader of that band.

Like many others on here, I've been somewhat critical of Scott lately. But it's because I didn't want my hero to die. I wanted him to live on and be happy, healthy, and successful.

But I've also struggled with addiction. I've had people close to me die, including my best friend. And there were a few times I came close to death myself. I'm clean and sober today, but I have to remind myself everyday how deadly addiction can be. I hate that today has to be another reminder. I fucking hate it.

Thank you Rik and everyone who has made this community what it is. Please keep it going.

My heart breaks for Scott's children, Noah and Lucy. As much of a loss as this is for all of us, I can't imagine what they are going through.

Rest in peace, Scott Weiland.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #174 on: December 05, 2015, 02:50:26 AM »
I am glad that Scott was able to release Blaster.  During the Purple at the Core tour, I thought we'd never hear new music from him again, and I actually feared he'd die on that tour.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 05, 2015, 03:30:29 AM »
I am glad that Scott was able to release Blaster.  During the Purple at the Core tour, I thought we'd never hear new music from him again, and I actually feared he'd die on that tour.

As bad as that tour was, what really got me was that clip of Vasoline from earlier this year...the one that went viral. I remember remarking to my wife 'I don't have a good feeling about this...this is the beginning of the end'. How I wish like fuck I'd been wrong.

Aylin

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Whadayawannano?
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 05, 2015, 03:32:55 AM »
Like some of you, I haven't visited this site for a couple of years either, but today, this was the first address I rushed to when I heard the news.

I won't repeat the shock, sadness, grief, disbelief etc that all of us are feeling and that all of you have so eloquently written - I know that we are going through the same emotions.

But I do want to say this:

The people around Scott were either enablers not wanting to deal with a depressed Scott so would rather have him danger his life. Or, they were in complete denial, which is what Jamie sounds like according to TMZ. There is no way anyone can listen to Scotts interview or see him after shows and not know that there's a serious problem, be it alcohol, cocaine or prescription drugs. I get that noone could have saved Scott except for Scott, but for years now he had been expressing his battles with bipolar and his lack of control of his drinking. Every important interview, his book - he aways talked about this. He was saying how he was counting sober days and that he hoped he would stay on the wagon.  If thats not a cry for help I don't know what is.

Anyway, I don't want to rant about this as I guess it doesn't matter any more. I saw him last in Austin in March and met him after the show. Actually I met Jeremy first, and he passed away a couple of days later, which shook me up a lot. Jeremy looked sad. He asked for a cigarette, I gave him one, told him it was a good show (it wasn't) and I asked him if he was ok. He said yeah, but just as we were talking, Scott came out and I was distracted. When I turned round, Jeremy was walking away alone down a side street. That image haunted me for a long time.
When I met Scott, he was basically the same as that last radio interview. Glazed. It was scary and sad. I had presumed he had been happy due to his marriage for the last few years (jamie was there too when I met him) and it made me happy that he had found love again. But how on earth do the people around him not realise that he was a ticking bomb. He shouldn't have been allowed to do this tour. I would think that the small audiences also pissed him off so he drunk or popped pills whatever to feel better. It was just not condusive to his heath.

Anyway, I digress again. I can't listen to the songs. I can't bring myself to watch the video I recorded from the front row of Jeremy and Scott performing Circles. To think that they have now both gone is tragic, and that beautiful song is just a haunting memory that there are no more angels to save him.

Right now, I can almost taste the air of my room all those many years ago as I watched MTV Unplugged for the first time. I close my eyes and I'm right there, looking at this boy singing beautiful songs with beautiful lyrics on a rocking chair, as something connects within me, amidst the dulled colors of the early 90s and the Real World episodes and Aeosmith videos and River Phoenix and everything about him is everythinf I had been looking for.  I'm back there, aged 15, in my grey cardigan, watching this boy, knowing that I'll be watching more of him, but not yet knowing that he will be in my life, every day, for the next 20+ years.

F*ck this hurts. RIP Scott. Thanks for everything.
So keep your bankroll lottery eat your salad day deathbed motorcade

Drew06

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 05, 2015, 03:46:39 AM »
Brett or anyone else on this board somewhat connected do you have any insight what the point was of this winter tour?

As probably already stated he was playing cities he had already played twice this year. Was pretty obvious these gigs were going to have small draws. I know the answer on why he tours so much is for financial reasons with Mary and the kids, but how does a tour like this even make any money? It's not like Scott was running a indie tour. He still maintained his own sound guy, tour manager, roadies, big tour bus, driver, I can't imagine Joey would agree to drum for dirt cheap. Just doesn't add up.

XxCollinsxX

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 05, 2015, 03:48:42 AM »
I been a member of this site for a few years don't post too often but it's part of my routine everyday to check in. Iam in every sense of the word a die hard life long stp weiland fan like all of you (drives my wife crazy,because it is about 90% what I listen to and every time I plug in the les Paul it's from the catalog ) although she is a fan as well. His music has gotten me through my parents divorce my fathers death depression   But it has also been there in the good times marriage two beautiful daughters buying a house promotions at work. I was hard on Scott and even angry because you know that they are capable of so much more. I never met him didn't know him personally but I can say that he was a great guy caring loving loyal to those close to him. Of course I will remember him as the guy who spoke to me through music in my darkest times picking me up when I thought there was nothing left to live for. I will have the memories of seeing my heros in Detroit in 08,09,10 Lansing 09 and the last time this past July in sterling hts,the SLDD logo tattoo on my arm those will be with me forever.

Thank you Scott for sharing your gift with us
May you finally be at peace.

Toxic34

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 05, 2015, 03:56:51 AM »
He shouldn't have been allowed to do this tour. I would think that the small audiences also pissed him off so he drunk or popped pills whatever to feel better. It was just not condusive to his heath.

I can't help but agree. I feel that after Jeremy died, Scott should have just cancelled the Blaster tour and taken a year off. If he'd just stated "I can't go out there. I'm not in a good place, and I have to get my sanity back," people would've understood, especially the Wildabouts. Maybe people would've even been willing to keep Scott afloat so that he would've had the money to take a year off, get himself in shape physically and vocally, and conquer his drinking once and for all.

And if he didn't want to, the others around him should have stepped in and voluntarily cancelled the tour themselves. Again, people would've understood. No amount of money is worth losing yourself like this.

But in the end, it didn't happen. Scott was so focused on digging himself out of his financial hole that he didn't dig himself out of the bigger one that really mattered.