September 30, 2024, 01:22:51 PM

Author Topic: Scott Weiland found Dead  (Read 95076 times)

UteroiD

• Arrival
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Weiland found Dead
« Reply #135 on: December 04, 2015, 08:14:27 PM »
I've been a casual visitor of this site since around 1999 or so...  felt compelled to write here cause I felt that only here people would truly understand this loss... been reading your messages.  Not sure what else to say.  We'll always have the music. 

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 04, 2015, 08:25:44 PM »
Dave Kushner just posted this: https://www.instagram.com/p/-4ZFdxOFla/

[size=inherit]I love this pic. It was from the photo shoot we did for our first record. It hangs on the wall of my house to always remember when things were at their best. My life was changed forever then, and is changed once again today. Thank you God for my life and thank you Scott Weiland for being a huge part of my life. Fly on SW[/size]
"I am trampled under sole of another man's shoes...Guess I walked too softly"

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 04, 2015, 08:35:22 PM »
I wrote this on Facebook today. It's been a weird week.

I don't mean to diminish the real pain of the friends and families of those who died, but I can't help but feel it has been a strange week. As I spoke about with my dad last night, there is a very strange reminder of your own age and mortality when your heroes retire or die.We were both 17 when I first saw Kobe Brant play for the Lakers in the NBA pro summer league, and now he is on a farewell tour. I first saw STP when I was 21 with (my buddy) Jay and we met Scott Weiland that day. He was talkative, nice, and seemed genuinely interest in what we had to say. I saw them about 9 or 10 more times over the years, plus a solo gig of his. Finally, the terrorist attack in San Bernardino was only about 25 mils away from our house in Hesperia, as the crow flies.

I hope those whom have passed rest in peace, and I hope their families find strength. The gravity of their situation is not lost on me. But today will be a strange day for me.

LPAssociationDerek

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 04, 2015, 08:39:25 PM »
Chester has thrown in his own thoughts on twitter:

@ChesterBe

49 mins ago
I am so sad, angry, heart broken... I hate today.

So sad. If you think about it, Chester credits STP as being one of the major reasons he got into music. He looked up to and idolized Scott for a big portion of his teenage years into adulthood, so this has to be really hard on him. Even with taking over for Scott, I know he always likely hoped in the back of his mind that Scott would "pull it together".

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 04, 2015, 08:57:24 PM »

Chester has thrown in his own thoughts on twitter:

@ChesterBe

49 mins ago
I am so sad, angry, heart broken... I hate today.

So sad. If you think about it, Chester credits STP as being one of the major reasons he got into music. He looked up to and idolized Scott for a big portion of his teenage years into adulthood, so this has to be really hard on him. Even with taking over for Scott, I know he always likely hoped in the back of his mind that Scott would "pull it together".

I don't doubt it. Hopefully those of us on this board who were less accepting of Chester joining STP (I was guilty of this, at times) can at least welcome his grief and level simply as fans of Scott.
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

Volant9353

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 04, 2015, 09:01:26 PM »
Even thought I barely post here I have been following this site daily since its first incarnation. I know all the regular players that have come, gone and stayed over the years. I know who had kids, who had troubles, and who got fed up and left. At 35 I feel I am in the same age range as a lot of the long time followers of this site/Scott. The late 90's/early 2000's were a special time to be a fan of this band/Scott. I  feel like I grew up with some of you from a far as we all had the same crazy love for STP/Scott. I grew up in MD have lived in LA/NYC and went to college in Middle America and have seen STP/VR/Scott dozens of times all over the country as result of where I have lived. When people started posting pictures on this site I started recognizing some of you at concerts but never wanted to be the creepy guy to come over and say hey I know you from BE. I just want to thank everyone on this site for all the daily memories over the years. I am grief stricken today as are all of you and I am glad I have a place to mourn my favorite musician with other people that really care and know what I am going through. STP/Scott has been the soundtrack to my life, I have forced countless friends, girlfriends, and now my wife to listen to anything Scott related. I bonded with people I thought I didn't like once I found out they liked STP or Scott. When I got my first real job after grad school, starting with VR, I bought a  dozen copies of whatever album Scott just released and mailed them to my friends who were not die hard STP fans so I could talk to them about whatever album had just come out. I always loved the energy and spark Scott had. He was the best front man of our generation and one of the best of all time. But as you all know it seemed most of that energy was gone, the witty one liners were replaced with lethargic go through the motions responses. Still to the end I was excited to see what he would do next and was hoping he would pull out of it and have a real renaissance and yet unfortunately here we are. I will always love STP/Scott and I will still drowned people in his music, but I will forever be sad that there could not be a happy ending to this story and unfortunately it will probably take some joy out spinning those tunes. RIP Scott, I would not be who I am without you and I hope wherever you are, that you are finally happy. 
“I don't know where I'm going from here, but I promise it won't be boring.” - David Bowie

Olivia

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 04, 2015, 09:02:45 PM »
STP's statement just posted to FB:

Dear Scott,

Let us start by saying thank you for sharing your life with us.

Together we crafted a legacy of music that has given so many people happiness and great memories.

The memories are many, and they run deep for us.

We know amidst the good and the bad you struggled, time and time again.

It’s what made you who you were.

You were gifted beyond words, Scott.

Part of that gift was part of your curse.

With deep sorrow for you and your family, we are saddened to see you go.

All of our love and respect.

We will miss you brother,
Robert, Eric, Dean

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 04, 2015, 09:12:01 PM »

Dear Scott,

Together we crafted a legacy of music that has given so many people happiness and great memories.

Robert, Eric, Dean

Well chosen words. Thanks all 4 of STP for everything, condolences to Scott's loved ones and respect to all here.

1000 tears will not be enough.

Txloungefly

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 04, 2015, 09:25:10 PM »
I read this last night and was in total denial.  I spent most of the day listening to songs (which I usually do anyway), but some of the songs are so haunting now (especially Archangel and Wonderful).   I am crushed that we will never have any new lyrics to be fascinated by, new melodies that get stuck in our head or looking forward to the next new thing that will come out of that creative brain.  It helps to read all of the comments here - people that understand what an impact he made on all of our lives!  I just wish Scott could have felt some of the love that is out on social media right now.  We were going to see him in Houston next week again, so we will also just have to listen and appreciate all he gave us.  My heart goes out to his family - his kids are just slightly older than my own, who always wanted to know how old they had to be to go to a show with us and were upset when I told them this morning.

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 04, 2015, 09:32:05 PM »

Dear Scott,

Robert, Eric, Dean

I legit almost puked reading that. What the fuck? I didn't know it was possible to throw up from reading something. Fuck this day.

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 04, 2015, 09:44:04 PM »
I can't imagine what it must be like to put it into words, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I thought we'd get more from them. Not a criticism. Just an observation.

I keep wishing all this wasn't so.
God it's been so hard today.
And some people just don't understand.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

Orbital199

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 04, 2015, 09:46:50 PM »
It's been a long time since I've logged into the Below Empty forum. I heard of Scott's passing early this morning and I'm still in disbelief. Core was the very first CD that I ever purchased. I remember taking the cellophane off of the jewel case, inspecting the artwork and absorbing every note as I listened to it. Stone Temple Pilots were a huge part of my early music exploration experience. The day No. 4 was released, I sat anxiously outside of my local music store, waiting for them to open so I could get my copy. On my wedding day I walked down the aisle to 'Atlanta' and my husband and I shared our first dance to 'And So I Know'. It's hard to express how important Stone Temple Pilots' music has been in my life, but I know I don't have to defend their importance here on Below Empty. Everyone here just 'gets it', and having this community to share that with has always been comforting. My deepest condolences to Scott's family, friends and fans. This is a terrible day.

kravdog

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 04, 2015, 09:59:23 PM »
Today is brutal. I can't believe that this, a headline I have always known could be right around the corner, has actually happened. As an almost 36 yr old man, father, husband, I can't believe that I am crying about my favorite musician. But I am. Repeatedly.

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #148 on: December 04, 2015, 10:06:32 PM »
R.I.P. Scott

When you were on, you were the best frontman in rock n' roll. Hands down.

Thank you for the years of melodies, lyrics, and musical memories.

Rest easy. See you on the other side.

Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 04, 2015, 10:11:15 PM »
Today is brutal. I can't believe that this, a headline I have always known could be right around the corner, has actually happened.

This is what I keep coming back to. I always prepared for this day, knowing Scott's history, but I learned today that no amount of preparation would have had me ready for the real thing. So surreal.
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.