September 30, 2024, 11:43:11 AM

Author Topic: Scott Weiland found Dead  (Read 95070 times)

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Weiland found Dead
« Reply #105 on: December 04, 2015, 05:46:53 PM »
Doug wrote something last night shortly after it was announced.  It seems like they were estranged but he was obviously as shaken as we are.

"I'm very sad to hear of the passing of my good friend and partner of many years Scott Weiland. My heart goes out to his wife, kids and mom and dad also to the fans - I know how much you all loved him. He was a good man, he was a complicated man, he was a talented man. I hope he's at peace now. God bless everybody. Stay safe. Be kind to each other."

Thanks for that. I didn't notice it.
That was nice!
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #106 on: December 04, 2015, 05:53:59 PM »
Sarah Michelle Gellar posted to Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/-35ArGMY4J/
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 04, 2015, 05:59:00 PM »
If the band was there/found him, they most likely had to/have to give statements and are part of an investigation. I'm not surprised none of them have said anything.

I hope whoever was enabling him gets found out and spends some time in jail, or at least get their face rearranged by one of us..

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 04, 2015, 06:05:22 PM »
I had a long drive yesterday, and played Art Of Anarchy, Blaster and Libertad in that order and if the 7:30 time is true, I was listening to Blaster when they found him. Gonna be a hard album to listen to from here on out....  :(

I'm reminded of what Scott (or his management) posted after Jeremy's death:

"It’s impossible to explain how much he will be missed and what a hole this will leave in our hearts. A post on Facebook feels so trite and small compared to the love that I have for him and for the talent that has passed on but I felt it was necessary to at least start here. Please keep his family in your thoughts."

No words. I woke up in the middle of the night and there was the few blissful seconds before it hit me again. Sad, sad day....
Bleeda blooda

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 04, 2015, 06:06:36 PM »
If the band was there/found him, they most likely had to/have to give statements and are part of an investigation. I'm not surprised none of them have said anything.

I hope whoever was enabling him gets found out and spends some time in jail, or at least get their face rearranged by one of us..

Ok, let's not get carried away here. Enabling is not a crime, and even if there were people in Scott's life who were enabling him, he is a grown man who is responsible for his own actions. In the event his death was drug-related, he has to bear that himself, and while there may have been others in his life who could have helped prevent this from happening, he is ultimately accountable for what he puts into his body. Who's to say you or I would have had any better luck getting him to kick the shit? His addiction clearly had an extremely powerful hold on him.
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 04, 2015, 06:09:35 PM »
I can't sleep, I can't eat, I'm not well. I didn't sleep a wink and I'm still going and it's almost noon. I'm too numb to do anything especially sleep. Can someone please wake me up from this nightmare?

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 04, 2015, 06:14:06 PM »

Ok, let's not get carried away here. Enabling is not a crime, and even if there were people in Scott's life who were enabling him, he is a grown man who is responsible for his own actions. In the event his death was drug-related, he has to bear that himself, and while there may have been others in his life who could have helped prevent this from happening, he is ultimately accountable for what he puts into his body. Who's to say you or I would have had any better luck getting him to kick the shit? His addiction clearly had an extremely powerful hold on him.

There were many reports from venues that were leaked, where Scotts crew members and band members would go round the venue asking people for drugs, mostly cocaine, telling everybody that Scott said he wouldn't go on stage until he got his coke. I'm just saying somebody on his crew or his band gave him those drugs. There's really no doubt about it. I mean regardless of the situation if you provide somebody with the drugs that kills them, do you not still deserve jail time, regardless if they were your boss demanding you do it?

pakurt

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 04, 2015, 06:15:15 PM »

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 04, 2015, 06:18:38 PM »
Grab the hate and drown it out...

pakurt

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 04, 2015, 06:20:35 PM »
Horrid... He was so sad. Poor wife and kids.

RGF030

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 04, 2015, 06:23:15 PM »
Haven't logged in here in a long while, but I thought I'd share what I had posted this morning:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153104602861277&set=a.10151462169891277.1073741825.581671276&type=3&theater

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 04, 2015, 06:35:13 PM »
I haven't posted in a while, but like many of you I felt compelled to come here when I heard the news...I am heart broken, I still can't believe that this happened. I don't really know what to do with myself. I didn't really know him but it feels like I did, you know? His music has been a part of my life for so long...

I hope that at least now he has found the peace he was looking for,
"I am trampled under sole of another man's shoes...Guess I walked too softly"

Olivia

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 04, 2015, 06:43:53 PM »
This is my/our black Friday, sad.  Hope he finds the peace he couldn't here
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

etcreative

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 04, 2015, 06:48:36 PM »
Rik, I’ve been a huge STP fan for my whole life (Since I was 11 - I'm 35).  I've given my unwavering support for Scott and his talents from the beginning.  Its never wavered.  Like everyone here I'm shattered.
I wanted to say thanks to you because I've relied on BE as my (only) goto for info on my favorite band/singer for (maybe) 15 years or so.  I've found myself frequenting the forum almost daily.  I don't think I've ever posted though.
Purpose of my message:  It's been hard to overlook the mean and disrespectful nature of "Blue's" comments about Scott over the last few years.  It's been ugly and outrageous.  Blue's negative and hateful banter about Scott has been damaging and hurtful to him and all of us. 
I would appreciate if you finally deleted/blocked "Blue's" account and any traces of his posts on this board. I'm not the only one here who would appreciate the gesture.  I'm sure Scott would too.
Tears.  Sorry for everyone :(
Eric "Hello its Late" is playing on repeat.....

« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 06:50:44 PM by etcreative »