September 30, 2024, 09:16:25 AM

Author Topic: Scott Weiland found Dead  (Read 95050 times)

Rol2292

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Weiland found Dead
« Reply #75 on: December 04, 2015, 03:02:00 PM »
Shit... There were countless nights back in college were it was just he and I in the room. I'd be there studying or doing homework on this crappy little desk and his voice filled the room. More often than not, I'd start to focus more on his lyrics than on the actual material I was trying to read up on. He got me through a lot. Break ups, parents divorce, the death of loved ones. He and the boys were always a constant. I knew that for whatever I was going through, I could always put his music on and temporarily escape that moments troubles. Now I'd share his music with my kids. Teaching them the guitar line to their songs and the melody to the vocals (not so much the lyrics yet 😏) just so I could pass that on to them.
I know he wasn't' family. He wasn't a friend. But it still cuts deep. I'm upset. I'm also very sad for his kids and family. Through out all these years, I'd always hoped that if there was ever a reason for him to clean up and get right,  it'd be them.

RIP, Scott. Long live the music of STP
Werd to Big Berd!

happygirl

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 04, 2015, 03:15:11 PM »
Heartbroken....no words. 💔
So one and one and one make three
                                  And it changed

Stpilots98

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2015, 03:39:04 PM »
So sad.  The most versatile front man I've get seen.  Not one of his CD's sounded like the previously vocally or melodically.  RIP Scott Weiland "the melody man"   Completely gutted!

Jason

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://jasonrutherford.com
« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2015, 03:45:37 PM »
Been forever since I've been a part of this community, but wanted to come back and express my sadness over the passing of Scott. Always feared this day would come prematurely and even more recently prepared for it mentally, but it's still tough to swallow. Revisiting Scott's musical catalog now there are a lot of songs from Happy in Galoshes and Libertad that are absolutely heartbreaking to listen to musically and lyrically. Rest in Peace Mr. Weiland.
Rest in Peace Mr. Weiland.

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2015, 03:48:39 PM »
This is a local police report page I follow and they posted this just now....  http://www.mnpoliceclips.com/audio-scott-weiland-doa-on-tour-bus.html
wow I cried listening to this
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

justbill

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2015, 04:15:23 PM »

We lost one of the greatest frontmen of our generation. RIP Scott Weiland... Words I thought I'd never type, at least, not this soon. I still can't believe it.

Just changed the profile picture to this on Scott's Facebook.

I saw that, thanks Brett... This news is just — hard to accept.
-Bill_

Down-Plush

• Chameleon
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sing the song, or keep it inside.
    • View Profile
    • My bandcamp
« Reply #81 on: December 04, 2015, 04:38:40 PM »
I wasn't as shocked or dumbfounded as some people when I found out, but I was very sad to hear the news and I feel it's very much a shame. For anyone to go at that age is too soon. This is very unfortunate news. I've been a fan of STP and Scott for as long as I remember, one of the first albums I got for Christmas was Core by Stone Temple Pilots. I've also been lucky enough to be a pretty involved member here on Below Empty. Which, needless to say, I would've never met so many fellow fans had I never joined all those years ago. I was even set to see him and his solo band this coming Tuesday in my hometown. I never got to see him. All of this being said, I'm extremely sorry to see him go. At the pinnacle of his career, I'd venture to say that Scott was one of the most talented frontmen in modern rock. If not vocally, lyrically. I idolized Scott for his musical ability. He was right up there with Layne Staley and Chris Cornell for me. I remember being in my room when no one was home but me, and I'd always try to sound like Scott during the Core and Purple era's. I probably tore up my voice quite a bit back then, a tenor trying to sing that deep and that rough haha. He was an immense talent and I'm almost certain my music tastes wouldn't be what they are today, if STP never existed. Scott always had issues, be it with heroin or drinking, whatever. I tried not to follow his problems, but the man, the band, and their music. To hear that he's died so young is horrible news, but also not incredibly surprising. It's a shame what can happen to somebody so talented. Additionally, I have to feel sorry for the Deleo brothers and Eric Kretz of STP, because they never will get to resolve any issues with one another after the split. Sad how that worked out. Regardless, may an incredible talent rest in peace and godspeed to his family.

NakedSundayCrackerman

• Sky Captain
  • Official Batman of Below Empty forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 04, 2015, 04:41:22 PM »
My mind is legitimately rejecting this as a fact. Wow.

Rest in peace man.
I just thought together we'd stand, but now I'm looking for your hand...where are you? 'Cause all four walls are comin' down tonight...

August 19th 2012

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 04, 2015, 04:48:09 PM »
Can't say I'm shocked. But I am deeply saddened. He seemed to have much more to live for these days, and this year he seemed to have the potential to turn his life back around.

I'm not going to jump to conclusions. It may be an overdose, it may be something else. He had clearly been in a fragile state for the last few years.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 04, 2015, 04:50:33 PM »
I barely slept after hearing the news last night. And this morning is no better. Popped on SLDD this morning. Had a hard time listening to the music. I kept it on though. I've never really been shaken by a musician's death, even though many I'm a fan of have passed over the years. This is going to take some time.

Just a few days ago, we were hypothetically predicting an eventual reunion.
I just can't believe it.

It’s hard to put into words how someone you don’t know personally can have such an impact on you. People look at you funny and you feel almost silly defending a piece of music that helps define who you are… a piece of music that somehow you can’t imagine being you without it.

But it killed me to know that these last few years he was a shell of his former self. I just thought, he’d be one of these guys that lived that excess lifestyle but had nine lives.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

Rol2292

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Werd to Big Berd!

mrmojorisin

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2015, 05:09:59 PM »
Totally devastated. was totally stoked to see him in a couple of weeks here in OKC. Rest Easy Scotty
Too much walkin shoes worn thin  Too trippin and my souls worn thin

CritterTypeThing

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 04, 2015, 05:12:03 PM »
It took me a few hours to get the strength to come to this site.  I'm heartbroken.  Fuck.

May his soul finally find and rest in peace.
Hold me closer.....closer.....let me go!

My STP Concertology:  6/22/01, 10/26/01, 4/21/02, 4/23/02, 5/18/08, 5/26/08, 5/31/08, 8/6/08, 8/8/08, 8/10/08, 7/17/09, 5/18/10, 9/3/10, 9/4/10, 7/25/11, 7/26/11, 9/10/11, 9/1/12, 5/6/18

mrmojorisin

• Pilot
    • View Profile
Too much walkin shoes worn thin  Too trippin and my souls worn thin

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 04, 2015, 05:14:20 PM »
Damn...I knew it wasn't heroin but jesus...crack?  I mean we all suspected he was down that path again and I heard reports/hearsay about people on his crew asking around for crack but I guess I didn't want to believe it.