September 30, 2024, 07:34:16 AM

Author Topic: Scott Weiland found Dead  (Read 95048 times)

Wicked Gardener

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Weiland found Dead
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2015, 10:05:51 AM »
My poor boy. 💔

I have no words. I'm not shocked, having seen him two weeks ago completely wasted out of his mind. I still feel like I took a punch to the gut. My heart is shattered.

I haven't posted here in YEARS, but for some reason I immediately thought of you when I heard the news.

This is absolutely terrible and I'll never forgive myself for missing the Wildabouts show here a couple weeks ago.

Damn. :(

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2015, 11:04:27 AM »
https://youtu.be/hbtPTAzyLoI

I finally uploaded the one good clip I got at the show I went to last month. You can see how much fun he's having performing his new stuff, even though he isn't moving around like he was back in the day....

Poor Noah and Lucy.... God damnit, those poor kids. I hope they can find strength at this time and are able to avoid the inevitable firestorm of speculation about what finally took their father's life.... :(
What really sucks, not that I guess it matters now. But even if it was a drug overdose, we'll never know if it was suicide or not... unless he left a note, but I feel he wanted out no matter what... guess he finally got what he wanted all these years. I hope he can rest now and be at peace.

My heart hurts, somebody hold me,
-ChaseR

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2015, 11:15:00 AM »
I can't shake this awful feeling. I'm so grateful to have a place to come to be with you all.

Me too, check your PMs

justbill

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2015, 11:28:23 AM »
We lost one of the greatest frontmen of our generation. RIP Scott Weiland... Words I thought I'd never type, at least, not this soon. I still can't believe it.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 12:08:27 PM by justbill »
-Bill_

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2015, 01:07:03 PM »
I think we lost part of Scott years ago when his brother died.  I don't think he was the same afterwards and losing his friend and guitarist last year whittled away the last piece.  I hope he is finally at peace

Long Way Home

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2015, 01:35:01 PM »
So sad. Thoughts and prayers to his family. Losing a parent is awful. My hope for them is for overwhelming positive memories.

STP was such a critical part of my teenage and early adult years. Grateful to have had Scott and the boys. Grateful for this online community and for Rik, Ivy, Sean and others who helped it thrive over the years.

Thank you Scott.

Very fitting that the last show I saw with Scott was 2010 during the reunion. The band was awesome with deep cuts that I had never heard live. My 4-and-a-half year old daughter can say she was there -- my wife was three months pregnant.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 01:49:16 PM by Long Way Home »

Olivia

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2015, 01:54:30 PM »
I don't know when I last posted, but it was my first instinct to come here.

As much as it might not be surprising, I still can't believe it. Absolutely gutted. I still remember the first moment I ever saw Scott... I'm in my living room watching music videos and this guy is splayed against a wall in these silver pants... I was just drawn to him, loved Velvet Revolver... then my mom told me oh, well, you gotta listen to STP. Done. All in.

Thank you, Scott. Hurting for your family. :(

blackagain

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2015, 02:23:29 PM »
I am so sad & shocked to hear this. But at the same time, I am not surprised. I think many of us expected this to happen sooner or later, but now that it HAS happened, it still hurts. I only pray that God gives Scott the peace & serenity that he could not find here on earth. Rest in Peace Scott, thanks for the music. I seem to be losing a lot of my favorite singers. First, Freddie Mercury, then Ronnie James Dio, and now Scott.

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
  • If night was longer, could I escape the day?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2015, 02:26:01 PM »
I haven't posted in awhile, but since the early 2000s stp and primarily Scott's work had my attention. I was a teenager who was looking into music for inspiration and something to help just get through different times that we all face. I'll always remember how I stumbled across a copy of core and was just blown away at the album from front to back. However, soon after that the thank you dvd was released and I grabbed that the first chance I had. Man o man, when I clicked live performances... It was the rolling rock Trippin performance that Scott made me a total fan. For the first time I thought a rock n roll frontman was one of the coolest things ever.

I only got to see Scott perform in person one time as I don't attend concerts on a regular basis. However, I'm glad
I saw the show I did... It was in cinncinatti 2004, velvet revolver was just getting going. Scott was a wild man on stage. Just couldn't take your eyes off of him for a second. His presence on stage just commands your attention as all you know.

I am thinking about all you guys here as I have lurked even though I didn't post lately. You guys have alway been here through thick and thin with all the stp related things in recent years when from my perspective it was tough to stay 100% tuned in.

Scott, I've always described you as the greatest rock frontman in the last 20 to 30 years. Any time a rock convo pops up, I made sure to mention your name and contribution to music.

Rip Scott Weiland

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #69 on: December 04, 2015, 02:26:45 PM »
We lost one of the greatest frontmen of our generation. RIP Scott Weiland... Words I thought I'd never type, at least, not this soon. I still can't believe it.

Just changed the profile picture to this on Scott's Facebook.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2015, 02:29:09 PM »
Somehow managed to get to bed last night after hearing the news. Figured I would sleep it off and write a more thoughtful post in the morning, but honestly, the words just aren't coming to me. There's no way to properly iterate what this man meant to me musically and spiritually. Sure, he had his problems, and I've had my problems with him, but it's always been the music that kept me sticking around and hoping for the best.

I too immediately thought of his kids, they're still so young, such a tough time to lose a parent. I can only imagine what the DeLeo's and Kretz are going through. They've obviously had a rough past couple years, but I have to imagine this has cut them deep. I just hope there aren't some whackos out there who go on blaming them for this.

I immediately threw on Plush - Acoustic on my walk to work this morning, it only felt right. As I walked into work, my office is right next to the FoxNews building in Manhattan, the news scrolling on their ticker as I walked in was the news about Scott. This has really been the only uplifting thing for me, seeing on social media and the news that the weight of his passing has not just been felt by me, but the world over, and that his life has truly had a profound impact on society.

I'll miss you Scott, though the cake has grown mold, the memories are sweet.
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

tommygunn

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2015, 02:40:02 PM »
Woke up to a FB message from a friend with the news of Scott's passing, and didn't think nor wanted it to be true!

But alas, it is..  :'(

Kind of at a loss for words, and emotionally shook-up at the moment..

Rest in Peace, Scott.. thanks for all the awesome music.. you will be missed..  :(

Condolences to his family and hugs to all the members of this Forum..
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 02:42:19 PM by tommygunn »

toahiaph

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 04, 2015, 02:48:51 PM »
:(

Like the rest of you all I woke up to this news. Terrible news. I always feared this day :(

I hope he is as peace now. Thoughts go out to Noah and Lucy.

:( :( :( :( :(

Melissa

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 04, 2015, 02:50:28 PM »
RIP Scott.

Thanks for the timeless music.
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy

PigsinZen

• Hickory Dichotomy
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Superman with Silvergun
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 04, 2015, 02:56:39 PM »
RIP Scott, I have no words. : (